Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,968 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

br8 wrote: »
    I rang up on behalf of my elderly parents. Got offered the new Box and only an increase of 50cent!! May I add, only found out they've been out of contract for over a year.

If I sign up in a new name, would anybody know how long it is before you get the new box and connection? i.e., would you get it within a month after cancelling?

Many thanks

When you sign up as a new customer at the address you'll have the new stuff in a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Moving house. Not in contract. Can I get a new deal or does my account come with me? Partner is also on account. Might just remove her. She can sign up when we move. Does the switching from one Person to another every year actually work?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

Are they offering anything these days? I am on 65 Euro for a 350 Mbps Broadband only plan and out of contract.
    1 Gbps plan available but I called up and they simply denied to any offer,

Is there any hope if I ask for cancellation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭CoBo55

newincity wrote: »
    Are they offering anything these days? I am on 65 Euro for a 350 Mbps Broadband only plan and out of contract.
    1 Gbps plan available but I called up and they simply denied to any offer,

Always go for cancellation I'm on 6 months half price couldn't get them to budge from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

newincity wrote: »
    This thread is called "Virgin Media Cancellation deals" for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Moving house. Not in contract. Can I get a new deal or does my account come with me? Partner is also on account. Might just remove her. She can sign up when we move. Does the switching from one Person to another every year actually work?

Get a new "improved" contract for new house.
    Would also remove the OH off it as that will give you more room to chop and change.
    People on here have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

GBX wrote: »
    Finally gonna cancel and sign up with my wifes name. Got offer of half price for 6 months €44 then €89. Works out at €66.50 pm over 12 months that's keeping current horizon box. If I sign up with herselfs name, I can get the new box and its €62pm.

Cool I might do this. I didn't think that was possible at the same address. Let me get this right. You are able to cancel with virgin and resigning using your wife's details as a new customer?

iHungry wrote: »
    Cool I might do this. I didn't think that was possible at the same address. Let me get this right. You are able to cancel with virgin and resigning using your wife's details as a new customer?

I must answer this every cupla weeks here. Yes you cancel one account and re-sign in the other person's name, no issues. Equipment sent out straight away and account live then.

I must answer this every cupla weeks here. Yes you cancel one account and re-sign in the other person's name, no issues. Equipment sent out straight away and account live then.

Appreciate the reply, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Apologies for thread hijack but do you know if this is the case for Vodafone also?

• Advertisement

Was on to Virgin this morning. For broadband only they offered me 250mb for €30x9 & €60x3 so average is €37.50 a month. Happy enough with that!!

iHungry wrote: »
    Was on to Virgin this morning. For broadband only they offered me 250mb for €30x9 & €60x3 so average is €37.50 a month. Happy enough with that!!

Nice one, never got the 9 months myself.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Nice one, never got the 9 months myself.

Yeah I'm quite surprised I got it. I have been paying full price for longer than I should have. Might be the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Got 9 at half, 3 at full. 500MB BB, TV, phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Anyone know roughly how much it'd be to add a TV package to BB package? Doesn't give me any of the deals online as an existing customer so I was thinking of ringing them up

Anyone know roughly how much it'd be to add a TV package to BB package? Doesn't give me any of the deals online as an existing customer so I was thinking of ringing them up

Had a look myself but no joy, what a new customer can get for €90 they're wanting €144+25 installation from me, they can feck off...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Had a look myself but no joy, what a new customer can get for €90 they're wanting €144+25 installation from me, they can feck off...

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous, might give them a ring see can they do something for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

probably cancel and move to sky is there much difference in the broadband between the 2

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

mean gene wrote: »
    probably cancel and move to sky is there much difference in the broadband between the 2

I just switched to sky broadband during the week and it’s 100%. 500mb BB + TV for €52 pm.

Got a text from them today offering me a tenner off... God that's big of them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Got a text from them today offering me a tenner off... God that's big of them..

Wooohooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭garyskeepers

So I don't know if Mobile is for this forum.

But I want to cancel my phone contract and move elsewhere. Is there any cancelation deals at the moment anyone has been offered?

I pay 50 per month there for a phone and bill.

VF are doing a similar deal to Virgin, but I don't like virgins attitude customer service wise.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

*already answered*

My parents have been contacted by VM regarding Sky Sports no longer working on the older TV box. They've been told that they will lose sky sports as a result at the end of June, if they want to keep it it'll cost more as it would be with the 360 box. Surely this is VM breaking the contract as they're removing the service or increasing the price? Anyone else been informed of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

My parents have been contacted by VM regarding Sky Sports no longer working on the older TV box. They've been told that they will lose sky sports as a result at the end of June, if they want to keep it it'll cost more as it would be with the 360 box. Surely this is VM breaking the contract as they're removing the service or increasing the price? Anyone else been informed of this.

My parents also had that letter this week. I didn’t contact VM as they have a few boxes and I wasn’t sure if it was just one. But no it’s all of them. So they’ve given me a new price, which in fairness is actually a few eur cheaper than the current price but that price is actually so high. I was planning on calling shortly to try get a half price deal
    But guessing they may not give that on a 360 box. Will see!

Wonder are those "new" contracts now with a 12 month minimum term?

I was due to be out of contract next week, was on 60 pm for 250 BB, TV 50 and phone. Rang two weeks ago and the offers they gave were poor e.g. 15 off the new higher price of 89 for 6 months etc I said just put through cancellation. Was gonna sign up under OH instead.

They texted last Thurs and asked what could they do to keep me. I said half price for 9 months and full for three. All sorted within ten minutes. New box being delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,895 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've already cancelled with VM. Got a text off a rep asking was there anything they could do. Said my piece and got an automated reply as if id contacted their customer care - reply 1 for accounts, 2 tech support. Nothing since. They are brutal at times.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    I've already cancelled with VM. Got a text off a rep asking was there anything they could do. Said my piece and got an automated reply as if id contacted their customer care - reply 1 for accounts, 2 tech support. Nothing since. They are brutal at times.

I'd text them back on that, they'll probably have the previous text on file for you anyway id say.

Advertisement