Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Planning premission - Advice needed!!

• 15-04-2021 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hello!

New to this planning lark and I've a couple questions I'm hoping someone more expierenced might be able to answer.

My wife and I currently are owner/occupiers of a house in Meath. We have recently went sale agreed SPP on a site in her home place in Kerry. Our son is enrolled to start school there in Sep 2023, the plan was always to move back there when he got to school age. Both front line workers and both have transfers to change locations, although wife's will be easier to secure than mine.

I've done alot of reading on local needs and think we will be ok as lived in the area for 2 years prior to coming to Meath, I'm not from the area but the wife can prove she still has her vote, bank account etc still in the family home address. In addition all her family live within 2km of the site.

I see alot of people throw out the problem of already owning a home and that you wouldnt fulfil a housing need as a result. Surely owning a house the other side of the country wouldnt fall under this bracket?? We fully intend of moving into the new house once ready and putting this one on the market and we have no problem entering into an agreement of that nature with the council.

Last issue is there are already 4 houses in a row beside our site. Will a 5th (ours) amount to a ribbon development? The site is quite rural and at least 8-10km from nearest substantial town.

Really appreciate any advice 👍👍

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Did you do what was recommended to you the last time you posted ? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116847850&postcount=10

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

BryanF wrote: »
    Did you do what was recommended to you the last time you posted ? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116847850&postcount=10

Yes, it's 6 weeks to get a ore planning meeting and I'm jist looking for people's previous knowledge/expierence

aido112 wrote: »
    Yes, it's 6 weeks to get a ore planning meeting and I'm jist looking for people's previous knowledge/expierence

If you can prove you're from the area and have reason to relocate to the area then you should be able to satisfy the local needs once your wife can prove she spent 12 years in the area, school records etc. I presume she was brought up in a rural area and the site is close enough to her home.

The ribbon development is not something I could advise on but it depends if the council consider the area over developed or not.

A good architect who knows the council and a preplanning meeting is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Casati

aido112 wrote: »
    Hello!

New to this planning lark and I've a couple questions I'm hoping someone more expierenced might be able to answer.

My wife and I currently are owner/occupiers of a house in Meath. We have recently went sale agreed SPP on a site in her home place in Kerry. Our son is enrolled to start school there in Sep 2023, the plan was always to move back there when he got to school age. Both front line workers and both have transfers to change locations, although wife's will be easier to secure than mine.

I've done alot of reading on local needs and think we will be ok as lived in the area for 2 years prior to coming to Meath, I'm not from the area but the wife can prove she still has her vote, bank account etc still in the family home address. In addition all her family live within 2km of the site.

I see alot of people throw out the problem of already owning a home and that you wouldnt fulfil a housing need as a result. Surely owning a house the other side of the country wouldnt fall under this bracket?? We fully intend of moving into the new house once ready and putting this one on the market and we have no problem entering into an agreement of that nature with the council.

Last issue is there are already 4 houses in a row beside our site. Will a 5th (ours) amount to a ribbon development? The site is quite rural and at least 8-10km from nearest substantial town.

Really appreciate any advice 👍👍

I'm guessing they will think you are trying to build a holiday home?

Doesnt sound like you have any hope of saying you have a housing need nor have local needs satisfied - unless you have a reason to live in that exact area. Why can't you live in the local town?

Advertisement