Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Research Council 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭blizzardofone

I've been checking the portal regularly too spokyn and not seen it go down. So I'm expecting we'll not hear today at this rate! An official notice from the council about the delay would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sspandangler

Hopefully there is an update for all you postdocs today or early this week. It must be agonizing to not even have the "first round" assessment results yet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 BuuuuuuuuuB

Has anybody had any news or any emails from the IRC ?

No news here - haven't noticed the site going down either, so I'm not holding my breath for today. Hoping they let us know soon though

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Choose

Just fyi, I never experienced the portal going down last year or the year before. I'm not sure why people are expecting that...
    They will email you whether you are successful or not. That will be where you will find out first.

• Advertisement

Oh that's so good to know Choose! I had seen on previous threads about the portal going down. it's great to know that you didn't have that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 NeoM2020

Have any of you postdoc applicants had any update? I really thought we'd have heard something by now

No updates yet for the postdoc. I'm at the stage with it where I'm not holding my breath anymore

No updates yet for the postdoc. I'm at the stage with it where I'm not holding my breath anymore

Yeah, it's bad form. First they told us "end of March", then they told us "early April". It must be a real shambles behind the scenes

My last email response was a jumbled reply: they said 'we hope to update applicants soon this month'. So Im no longer holding out hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

It'd be nice to just get an email from them to say that there's been a delay of a few weeks or whatever. Not having any indication whatsoever makes the wait even harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 clemfandango5

Nothing to report here either. They just keep on shifting the goalposts.

Every time I email too its a copy and paste answer. It's really bad

It's kind of shocking that they sent updates for the PhDs but not for the postdocs?

It's kind of shocking that they sent updates for the PhDs but not for the postdocs?

It really is. The MSCA results were very poorly communicated this year too, it's clear that there is not a lot of consideration on the 'inside' for the level of stress and anxiety that applicants experience waiting for results. A simple generic email is all it would take on their part.

A generic email would like a god send right now. Particularly so people know when they have to keep their life on hold until...

Hey Kinks56 and everyone,

I was on the way home from having a nasty wisdom tooth extraction and heard this amazing/prophetic song on the radio by your namesake:

So tired, tired of waiting
    Tired of waiting for you
    So tired, tired of waiting
    Tired of waiting for you...

I think it's all very bad form and also awful that the successful MSCA were informed before everyone else NeoM2020

I think the IRC absolutely must release a generic clarification soon

Anybody got any news from the IRC?

Nothing here.

I've even gave up emailing to ask for updates at this stage. Their update was 'early April' and here we are...

• Advertisement

Nope, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kinks56

Not a peep! I'm starting to think we've been abandoned.

All quiet here. This is chronic!

Another sleepless night. I hope this hard waiting to end today!!!

Another sleepless night. I hope this hard waiting to end today!!!

Let's hope so! This long drawn out process is so distracting :/

I received an email this morning - no joy for me I'm afraid! My application did not progress. I only scored 76.5 and the bar (AHSS) was 92.

I wish you all the very best and thank you for your company over the journey.

I didn't progress either. I scored 82 and the threshold was 92. Hope you all got better news than me!

I did not progress too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kinks56

No joy here! The threshold was 92, so it was a long shot. There's always next year, I suppose. ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭iamyourending

No joy here either unfortunately. Hopefully someone on here got better news!

Advertisement