Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Questions?

• 13-04-2021 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi I have a few questions on a few cars I have here someone may be able to help with hopefully.

I have 2 old brown books here that i need to transferred into my name what is the process here with tax offices closed?

I have a brown book that i need to change vehicle colour and engine cc how is this done?

I read lately online but dont know it true that the requirement to have an NCT is no longer pre 1980 and has been changed to 40 years old, so 1981 reg would not require and NCT. Can someone confirm?

I have 2 UK reg shells that are not driving that i would like to VRT have the V5 for both can i just arive on to the NCT centre on a transported to get them VRT'ed? if yes what else do i need to complete the process?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Pre 80 cars never need an NCT.

RSA website,

What are the changes for vintage vehicles that are currently within the scope of testing at NCT Centres?New regulations are:•from 20 May 2018 all private cars registered post 01 January 1980 that are over 30 years old but less than 40 the requirement to undergo a compulsory NCT will be reduced to every two years•from January 2020 onwards any vehicle 40 years or older will not require a tes

Change of colour,

The registered owner of a vehicle can make an application to record a change of colour in relation to their vehicle.

To make an application for a change of colour to be recorded you will need to submit the following:

Completed Form RF111 – Change of Particulars – available at www.motortax.ie
    Current Vehicle Registration Certificate (V.R.C.) will have to be surrendered – a new V.R.C. will be processed and issued from the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport

I have 2 UK reg shells that are not driving that i would like to VRT have the V5 for both can i just arive on to the NCT centre on a transported to get them VRT'ed? if yes what else do i need to complete the process?[/QUOTE]

Potentially you could need to sell 3 kidneys to pay for any potential vrt/vat backdated charges accruing................if they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭w124man

I have 2 UK reg shells that are not driving that i would like to VRT have the V5 for both can i just arive on to the NCT centre on a transported to get them VRT'ed? if yes what else do i need to complete the process?

You cant VRT an incomplete, non running car!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

kadman wrote: »
    Pre 80 cars never need an NCT.

RSA website,

What are the changes for vintage vehicles that are currently within the scope of testing at NCT Centres?New regulations are:•from 20 May 2018 all private cars registered post 01 January 1980 that are over 30 years old but less than 40 the requirement to undergo a compulsory NCT will be reduced to every two years•from January 2020 onwards any vehicle 40 years or older will not require a tes

Change of colour,

The registered owner of a vehicle can make an application to record a change of colour in relation to their vehicle.

To make an application for a change of colour to be recorded you will need to submit the following:

Completed Form RF111 – Change of Particulars – available at www.motortax.ie
    Current Vehicle Registration Certificate (V.R.C.) will have to be surrendered – a new V.R.C. will be processed and issued from the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport

Thank you.

Also do I need to do anything to avail of classic tax car is 41 years old but not taxed since 1999 or will this be done automatic when they know it is so old?

Thank you.

Also do I need to do anything to avail of classic tax car is 41 years old but not taxed since 1999 or will this be done automatic when they know it is so old?

If its the car with the colour change, its the same form.

Different car, then different form and into/post to tax office, ask for the classic logbook to be returned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

I am not the registered owner on the book I will start there book sent off.
    On the RF111 for to change to vintage there i could not see a vintage class in the tax classes do I just make a not of it on the form?

Section 4 in OTHER state VIN/VET.

Its what i did, and it was ok.

Advertisement