Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard

Options
  • 31-03-2021 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭

Well there you go a sequel will arrive in cinemas on June 16th.
    Lionsgate has dated Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson’s “The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard” for June 16.

Salma Hayek co-stars in the sequel to the 2017 “The Hitman’s Bodyguard,” which grossed $176 million worldwide. The comedy action film sees the return of bodyguard Michael Bryce, played by Reynolds and hitman Darius Kincaid, played by Jackson, for another life-threatening mission, this time joined by Darius’ unpredictable wife, Sonia, played by Hayek. Antonio Banderas and Morgan Freeman also co-star.

Patrick Hughes directs the Millennium Media production from a screenplay by Tom O’Connor and Phillip Murphy and Brandon Murphy with a story by O’Connor.

hitmans-bodyguard-2-e1617056307696.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/film-news-brief-march-29-1234940378/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Was the first a hit? It was really a by the numbers type film for me with not much going for it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was the first a hit? It was really a by the numbers type film for me with not much going for it at all.

Deadpool and Nick Fury's chemistry and banter carried it, enjoyable popcorn fun but nothing spectacular

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

I didn't even finish the first one, found it fairly bad even as mindless entertainment. Not entirely terrible, but it really was below what I'd have expected from a high budget movie with RR and Jackon.

I actually think the sequel will be better than the original most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

I quite liked the first one so do not mind a second helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

I thought the first one was great, seemed to go very much under the radar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The trailer is out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Interesting decision to colour-correct the blood splatter to black; usually trailers just avoid blood if they can, but I guess there were too many scenes of Reynolds covered in it to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I dont know the other film , from the trailer his character comes across as a bit annoying and would put me off watching it

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

That's the joke, I suppose - he's annoying for reasons. His therapist (played by Rebecca Front) tells him to give up violence and take a holiday, a plan that lasts about ten minutes after arriving at the resort.

I saw this movie last night, and will just say that it's a kind-of pastiche and fairly OTT. There are some self-referential moments such as knowing references to other movies.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

This film was a bit of fun, the fast paced banter was clever mostly, and an entertaining production. The story was a bit ridiculous, the shootout scenes were preposterous, but if you take all that as a given for this type of film, it was a decent watch I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭noel50

very poor

Advertisement