Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fly abroad for IVF

Options
  • 26-03-2021 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I just wondering if anyone flight abroad for IVF treatment lately. I was wondering if there are any restrictions for traveling because corona?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Went abroad, and finished up the process when things were pretty open last summer. We did it in Manchester. We knew folk who went to Barcelona and also went Prague. But logistics was one of the drivers for Manchester. The UK is also good for public stats on success for clinics.

Think carefully about logistics, time to fly to the city/country. How often flights are. How you get from the airport to the clinic. We did a couple of trips together. I [the bloke] had to go twice I think, and she [wifey] went two if not three times?

So if there is only one flight a week, or only a flight in the middle of the day, it really really limits your options of when you can take an appointment in the clinic [or means you need to add hotel stays, etc]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Asia112

Went abroad, and finished up the process when things were pretty open last summer. We did it in Manchester. We knew folk who went to Barcelona and also went Prague. But logistics was one of the drivers for Manchester. The UK is also good for public stats on success for clinics.

Think carefully about logistics, time to fly to the city/country. How often flights are. How you get from the airport to the clinic. We did a couple of trips together. I [the bloke] had to go twice I think, and she [wifey] went two if not three times?

So if there is only one flight a week, or only a flight in the middle of the day, it really really limits your options of when you can take an appointment in the clinic [or means you need to add hotel stays, etc]

Thank you so much for your helpful answer. Generally we decided go through IVF with Bahceci in Istanbul. But unfortunatley the flights are still closed like I found out. I hope the restrictions will be lifted soon. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

Asia112 wrote: »
    Generally we decided go through IVF with Bahceci in Istanbul. But unfortunatley the flights are still closed like I found out.

Turkish airlines are flying Dublin to Istanbul daily.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Gennet in Prague and Serum in Athens have had good feedback from Irish people. There's a clinic in Barcelona that's also popular but I don't know the name of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Asia112

Turkish airlines are flying Dublin to Istanbul daily.

Yes, I know there are flights. But like I know it is not possible to enter to the country...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Asia112 wrote: »
    Yes, I know there are flights. But like I know it is not possible to enter to the country...

Travelling for medical treatment might be permitted though? Or I know that clinics abroad can often do the assessment over zoom, and you do the various tests in Ireland then you are just going over for the actual procedure itself so it might be worth asking the clinic?

Advertisement