Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Configure Fritzbox for voip outbound calls only

Options
  • 09-04-2021 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to configure a fritzbox 7530 with a sip account from Dellmont(Discountvoip) for outbound calls.
    I have another provider set up for inbound as I ported my landline & that's working fine.
    I've tried setting up the discountvoip details under telephony but it fails to register.
    Telephony section looks for a number for registration & an internal number, but these accounts only have a username & password & sip address sip.discountvoip.co.uk
    I'm unsure what goes where.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I think these should do it ...
    Tel Provider:  Other Provider
    Tel No. for Reg:  name@discountvoip.com
    Internal Tel No.: choose your own
    Display Name: the name the VOIP account is registered with

Account Information

username: name used in account
    Password:  account password
    Registrar:  name@discountvoip.com

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭65535

Ensure you have added the option of SIP ->

Also login to the Myaccount on the website with username and password, go to the 'Settings' tab to see if SIP is enabled for your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Thank you both for the replies.
    I checked my discountvoip account & sip setting was enabled.
    I tried the telephony settings on the Fritzbox a few times but it failed.
    Finally got it to enable will the following settings:
    Tel no. to register - username@sip.discountvoip.co.uk
    Internal no. on Fritzbox - 111111 (random )
    Display name - Discount Voip

Account info -
    Username - account name
    Password - xxxxx
    Registrar - sip. discountvoip.co.uk

It's working now as is the other voip account which has the inbound number.

I presume I need to set up dialing rules now to assign which account rings what.

Thanks for the assistance.

The dialing rules are straight forward enough in the Telephony/Call Handling/Dialing Rules
    Good to hear you got the voip working - normally it's just a case of playing around with the settings.
    I would have copied a screenshot but I don't have discountvoip as one of my providers.

Oh yeah and I meant to add
    You can send British 0800 numbers out over that I would assume - at least that is what I do with my sipgate.co.uk sip trunk.
    I'm not sure if you get an actual phone number on your provider but you can get a UK number on sipgate, rates could be different of course

• Advertisement

Regarding dial out rules, is it possible to add a single rule for a range of codes to use a particular number or does each code have to be set up as a separate rule.
    Let's says I want number 12345 to be used to make calls to 01,02,03,04 area codes. I get an error if I include all the codes. Is there a way to do this or have I to create a separate rule for each? Thanks.

jgbyr wrote: »
    Regarding dial out rules, is it possible to add a single rule for a range of codes to use a particular number or does each code have to be set up as a separate rule.
    Let's says I want number 12345 to be used to make calls to 01,02,03,04 area codes. I get an error if I include all the codes. Is there a way to do this or have I to create a separate rule for each? Thanks.

I also have a Dellmont number for outgoing calls.
    This is the default number used when making calls. Almost all calls use this for dial out.

I have a small number of exceptional numbers where I want to use a different account for outgoing calls.
    These are few in number so I have not even tried putting them in one rule through the GUI.
    It should be possible but it is not obvious to me.

I also have a Dellmont number for outgoing calls.
    This is the default number used when making calls. Almost all calls use this for dial out.

I have a small number of exceptional numbers where I want to use a different account for outgoing calls.
    These are few in number so I have not even tried putting them in one rule through the GUI.
    It should be possible but it is not obvious to me.

Thanks for the reply.
    I can set a rule to use a voip service for a particular type of number, like a mobile beginning in 08, but I can't seem to find a way if I want to use it for say area codes 01 to 06 unless I create a rule for each area code.

jgbyr wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.
    I can set a rule to use a voip service for a particular type of number, like a mobile beginning in 08, but I can't seem to find a way if I want to use it for say area codes 01 to 06 unless I create a rule for each area code.

It appears to be that a separate rule needs to be made for 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06 in your example above.

Maybe something like
    0[1-6]
    would do it? ........ or maybe it is not possible at all ......

It appears to be that a separate rule needs to be made for 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06 in your example above.

Maybe something like
    0[1-6]
    would do it? ........ or maybe it is not possible at all ......

Tried that 0[1-6] & just get a message stating the number contains illegal characters. As you say it might not be possible at all.

• Advertisement

As I only have a few accounts that I dial out from, I found it quite easy to set up the dialling rules ...

1. Default account to be used for everything, unless there is a specific dialling rule
    2. Dialling rule/s for alternative accounts/numbers.

It is only the exceptions that require rules, and as I do not have many, I did not need many rules.

Advertisement