Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

N.I. Trade in

Options
  • 12-04-2021 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

has anyone traded in a gun in N.I.or can you do it and get the new one sent to a dealer down here.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've permanently exported one, but never traded one.

If you do such a trade the dealer up there can sort export of the new gun to you or you can organise the import of it yourself through the Government website. Once you have the import license and gun license it can be sent directly to you or you can pay for the visitor's pass and go up and collect it yourself. (hope i got that right as i've not used export import that much in a long while).

Same applies for the trade in. Have it permanently exported to the North and get the visitor's pass and drive up with it or have it couriered up.

Its a straight forward enough process, but a little paperwork heavy.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Wadi14

if you have a Northern dealer in mind give him a ring , dealers North and South move firearms all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Mississippi.

I done a trade in with a northern dealer a few years ago.
    He had a dealer on my side of the border that he worked with so I left my old one in with him and collected the new one from him with no extra paperwork at all.
    I had previously asked the guy on my side about the trade in but he did not deal with airrifles at all so I had no bother looking him in the eye after shopping with another dealer 6 miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

sorry for the late reply thanks to all for the info

Advertisement