Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Requirements to start site works (new build - one-off residential)

• 12-04-2021 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have planning permission and have been given commencement 'permission'. What do I need to have in place to actually start ground works (removing soil and putting in stone driveway)? I'm mostly thinking about signage, fencing, and other health and safety requirements. Is there an online resource where these requirements are listed and explained? I've heard of a couple of sites in the area being closed down on health and safety ground but I've no idea what the for. I'm going the direct labour route. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dr Pepper wrote: »
    Hi. I have planning permission and have been given commencement 'permission'. What do I need to have in place to actually start ground works (removing soil and putting in stone driveway)? I'm mostly thinking about signage, fencing, and other health and safety requirements. Is there an online resource where these requirements are listed and explained? I've heard of a couple of sites in the area being closed down on health and safety ground but I've no idea what the for. I'm going the direct labour route. Thanks

You don’t get commencement permission.
    You tell the council you are commencing and you declare that all measures are in place to comply with the building regulations.

Who is the PSCS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Technically, depending on the LA, ground works are not part of the BCMS as they don't fall under Building Regulations as such. Some insist on notification others don't. Go figure and they all read the same guidelines....

As per Gumbo ^^, PSCS must be competent.. Your OP does not portray too much confidence for the role as per the regs.....:eek:
    Have a look at this to get you started:

https://www.hsa.ie/eng/your_industry/construction/construction_duty_holders/project_supervisor_construction_stage_pscs_/

rayjdav wrote: »
    Technically, depending on the LA, ground works are not part of the BCMS as they don't fall under Building Regulations as such. Some insist on notification others don't. Go figure and they all read the same guidelines....

As per Gumbo ^^, PSCS must be competent.. Your OP does not portray too much confidence for the role as per the regs.....:eek:
    Have a look at this to get you started:

https://www.hsa.ie/eng/your_industry/construction/construction_duty_holders/project_supervisor_construction_stage_pscs_/

Site clearance and ground works are not under the remit of the building regs unless your ground works include the trenches for foundations, or coring for piling etc

Site set up, erection of hoarding, site offices etc are all exempt from commencement notices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Thanks for the info. Yes, I am the PSCS. I'll get reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Am I required to have a Safe Pass to go on to the site if I am the 'client'?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info. Yes, I am the PSCS. I'll get reading!

FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

If you have to ask, id say it would be no harm to have one :eek:

Advertisement