Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minnesota officer shoots dead another innocent black victim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

There really can't help themselves killing black people can they?

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/12/us/brooklyn-center-minnesota-police-shooting/index.html
    The demonstrators were met with absolute brutality from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

why didnt he just comply with the officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,741 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Nozebleed wrote: »
    why didnt he just comply with the officer?
    So it's the death penalty now for disagreeing with an officer? There are a lot of psychos in police uniform in Minnesota.

wouldnt have happened if he just stood there explaining himself. would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

They really can't help themselves killing black people can they?

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/12/us/brooklyn-center-minnesota-police-shooting/index.html

Indeed, like the innocent noble poet George Floyd, another upstanding citizen murdered just for being black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

So it's the death penalty now for disagreeing with an officer? There are a lot of psychos in police uniform in Minnesota.

You seem well reasoned.

Why are you so emotionally attached to an incident in an American city...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Seems to more a tragic accidental shooting ,he told his mother on the phone he was stopped for having air freshener hanging on his rear view , makes no sense at all .

Unlike the soldier video doing the rounds

Death penalty for disagreeing with an officer = psychotic murderous thuggery.

Chris Rock has some good advice.

https://youtu.be/uj0mtxXEGE8

You seem well reasoned.

Why are you so emotionally attached to an incident in an American city...

What's that got to do with anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

It still might have , they kill you even when you're cuffed and lying prone on the ground.

He definitely should not be trying to leave the scene against an officers instruction though.

In a normal society that still wouldn't merit getting shot but the US is an asylum and the police are as militant as theyre terrified of getting shot themselves. Which leads to these excessive responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Warrant out on the man why don't the cops just go out and arrest anyone with an outstanding warrant rather than run their id/plates during a random encounter American law enforcement rules are very strange.

Warrant out on the man why don't the cops just go out and arrest anyone with an outstanding warrant rather than run their id/plates during a random encounter American law enforcement rules are very strange.

Because there are millions upon millions of warrants. One crime can create a load of different warrants for missing court dates, failure to pay fines can lead to bench warrants and a load of other nonsense.

It still might have , they kill you even when you're cuffed and lying prone on the ground.

He definitely should not be trying to leave the scene against an officers instruction though.

In a normal society that still wouldn't merit getting shot but the US is an asylum and the police are as militant as theyre terrified of getting shot themselves. Which leads to these excessive responses.

i her ya..but what normal person tries to abscond from 3 cops when they are clearly identifiable. this guy got himelf killed. police officer drew the wrong firearm..im sure that can happen in the heat of the moment...whcih was caused by the driver himself. and now he's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

If he'd been white you'd be hearing absolutely zip about it. Black people are more likely to commit crime in the United States that's just fact that stats testify to so they are more likely to be involved with confrontations with police officers also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

It’s unfathomable. If I’m a police officer and you go to reach back into/get back into your car when I’ve made it abundantly clear that I don’t want you to, then I’m going to presume that your reaching for a gun with a view to shooting me.
    I mean, why else would you fail to follow my instructions like that?!?
    So... I’m going to shoot you before you get a chance to shoot me first. There is absolutely no reason for me to stand there and allow you to shoot me.
    Is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

i her ya..but what normal person tries to abscond from 3 cops when they are clearly identifiable. this guy got himelf killed. police officer drew the wrong firearm..im sure that can happen in the heat of the moment...whcih was caused by the driver himself. and now he's dead.

You let one cop away with this "mistake" you'll have every trigger happy cop just shout taser, taser, taser and shoot.

America really is a ****hole.

The old "I drew the wrong firearm" excuse. Maybe it just might work for a white cop.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Ckendrick wrote: »
    It’s unfathomable. If I’m a police officer and you go to reach back into/get back into your car when I’ve made it abundantly clear that I don’t want you to, then I’m going to presume that your reaching for a gun with a view to shooting me.
    I mean, why else would you fail to follow my instructions like that?!?
    So... I’m going to shoot you before you get a chance to shoot me first. There is absolutely no reason for me to stand there and allow you to shoot me.
    Is there?

Now, now you are in danger of introducing real world nuance which by and large is unwelcome in most cases like this. The individual also had outstanding warrants. Sounds like one to be trusted with not having a weapon alright.

No one wants to hear about that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

The old "I drew the wrong firearm" excuse. Maybe it just might work for a white cop.

:pac: Definitely bull**** alright.

Aren't tasers yellow or have some sort of yellow colouring on them for this reason.

Also with a quick search they are usually holstered on the opposite side to the firearm or lower down the leg sometimes on the front of the vest.

I find it very hard to believe he didn't know the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,936 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Maybe a basic IQ test is needed for American police.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭penny piper

I agree with you ...but I think police officers are suppose to have a taser on one side of their body and the handgun on the other side...and I believe the taser gun is suppose to be lighter/marked what it is....if she was an experienced officer she should have known....

Ckendrick wrote: »

So assumption number one when somebody is shuffling around in their car is they are reaching for a gun?
    Load of old ****e!!

If you've seen some of the tasers the cops use it's an understandable mistake. Why in the **** they issue gun-shaped tasers to be carried beside a gun and to be reached at and grabbed by feel isn't understandable.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    He used his gun by accident

Some of these cops are really f*cking **** at their job

On the bright side it's one less black lad driving around with air freshners dangling out of his mirror icon14.png

she! the officer was a woman

the cop was a woman too...maybe she's a rabid feminist.
    she! the officer was a woman

I have to ask for the second time in this thread, what has that got to do with anything?

I have to ask for the second time in this thread, what has that got to do with anything?

whats the colour of the guys skin got to do with anything?

If you are really stuck on this, Ill draw you a Venn diagram.

So assumption number one when somebody is shuffling around in their car is they are reaching for a gun?
    Load of old ****e!!

Well in a heavily armed country that’s what cops would think.

Anything else going on in the world?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,760 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That's exactly what I was about to ask.

Advertisement