Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Block lorry access issue - alternatives?

• 12-04-2021 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭

If a site was a bit tight for a full size block lorry are there alternative options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Drop the blocks on to pallets and use a telehandler to bring them in 2 bale at a time 88 blocks. Or else drop 4 bales on to a 10 x5 builders trailer and bring them in with a van or 4x4 and had ball them off. Failing that Google Hooka lift . Handy machine tried to hire one last year but not available in Ireland yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

... Failing that Google Hooka lift....
    Had to google that :)
    I saw one of those up the road from me last week.
    A tree surgeon was using it to move segments of trunk ( was fitted with a grab for it ).

0lddog wrote: »
    Had to google that :)
    I saw one of those up the road from me last week.
    A tree surgeon was using it to move segments of trunk ( was fitted with a grab for it ).

Some one must of brought in one then since I was looking for one to fit steel beams in a back kitchen extension would of made life so handy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Drop the blocks on to pallets and use a telehandler to bring them in 2 bale at a time 88 blocks. Or else drop 4 bales on to a 10 x5 builders trailer and bring them in with a van or 4x4 and had ball them off. Failing that Google Hooka lift . Handy machine tried to hire one last year but not available in Ireland yet

The pallets could work. It would be a lot of hand balling.
    I was half hoping a small block lorry would have been an option.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Small 6 wheel block lorry, instead of an 8 wheeler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Ginger83

kadman wrote: »
    Small 6 wheel block lorry, instead of an 8 wheeler.

Oh are they available?

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Oh are they available?

I don't think the main concrete block suppliers deliver in small lorries but you could purchase through a local builders providers and they would deliver a less than half load on a smaller lorry prob on pallets unloaded with the on board jib and straps. A bit more costly ,but needs must and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

As Bonzo has suggested smaller loads is the way to go. Some of the Smaller Sand Gravel Block merchants use those Dyna small and light trucks. They could probably deliver in loads of 300 or so at a time.
    Just negotiate a price beforehand based on the total quantity needed. Then just get delivered as and when required.

Advertisement