Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vaccine Megathread - See OP for threadbans

• 12-04-2021 6:32pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Splitting between Testing and Vaccines

Prior combined threads:
    Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3

Threadbans carry over

Threadbanned users:
    3xh
    Dr.Frost
    kingbhome
    nannerbenahs
    skooterblue2
    Fodla
    Caraibh
    lawrencesummers
    Howard Beale
    Thornysheep
    Snowcat
    brickster69
    patnor1011
    brendanwalsh
    princereingold
    Ballynally
    moonage
    isha

Please discuss with banning mod if you wish a threadban to be reconsidered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Presser should be available on this twitter account should anyone not have access to a telly
    https://twitter.com/rtenews?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Second! :)

Very calm and clear interview on RTE with Prof. Staines from DCU with regards the impact on the rollout. He says the AZ vaccines are not going to be wasted as they can still be used on a significant number of people. There will be rearranging needed but it's important to remember AZ only accounts for one fifth of our supply.

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Very calm and clear interview on RTE with Prof. Staines from DCU with regards the impact on the rollout. He says the AZ vaccines are not going to be wasted as they can still be used on a significant number of people. There will be rearranging needed but it's important to remember AZ only accounts for one fifth of our supply.

Lost me at Staines

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Flying Fox wrote: »

Did he mention short term disruption? Will the target for this week be lower than expected as a result?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Multipass wrote: »

Riiiiight, but we're asking a demographic who basically have no chance of dying from Covid to spin the chamber on a vaccine to make them immune from the thing they need not fear. Voluntarily.

How about that for perspective?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Riiiiight, but we're asking a demographic who basically have no chance of dying from Covid to spin the chamber on a vaccine to make them immune from the thing they need not fear. Voluntarily.

How about that for perspective?

I agree that they basically have no risk from covid, this whole crisis is bollocks. But if vaccines are the only way we can get freedom, give me freedom asap, not hold firm for 10 more weeks while we wait for Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Presser should be available on this twitter account should anyone not have access to a telly
    https://twitter.com/rtenews?s=21

Sound buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Just posting a reply to get that little tick on the icon in the thread list. 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭irishlad.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Hi all , neighbour 74 got her pfizer today, was chatting to her outside she was delighted and informed me she is getting the 2nd dose in 2 weeks!! I said are you sure and she went inside and showed me the date on the leaflet thing she got. Surely that interval isn't right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Apogee

irishlad. wrote: »

If the CSO put the number of over 70s at 495,000, and the HSE have already given 107K dose 1's to Cohort 1, surely the HSE estimate of Cohort 3 is too high at 475,000?

The vast majority of those in Cohort 1 must be over 70?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

For those who've already had dose 1.

So basically get the 2nd dose

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1381674103661285382?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Hi all , neighbour 74 got her pfizer today, was chatting to her outside she was delighted and informed me she is getting the 2nd dose in 2 weeks!! I said are you sure and she went inside and showed me the date on the leaflet thing she got. Surely that interval isn't right?

Supposed to be 3-4 weeks.

Advice:
    - Any authorised COVID-19 vaccine, including Vaxzevria COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca, is recommended for those aged 60 years and older including those with medical conditions with very high or high risk of severe COVID-19 disease.
    - Vaxzevria COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca is not recommended for those aged under 60 years including those with medical conditions with very high or high risk of severe COVID-19 disease.
    - A second dose of Vaxzevria COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca should not be given to anyone who developed unusual blood clots with low platelets after the first dose.
    - Advice for those who have received a first dose of Vaxzevria COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca is:

Those aged 60 and older should receive their second dose 12 weeks later as scheduled.

Those aged under 60 years with a very high risk or high-risk medical condition should receive their second dose 12 weeks later as scheduled.

Those aged under 60 years without a very high risk or high-risk medical condition should have the scheduled interval between doses extended to 16 weeks to allow further assessment of the benefits and risks as more evidence becomes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

jesus christ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

funnydoggy wrote: »
    jesus christ

I generally try to be positive but you're right. Jesus Christ.

Is the press conference running late?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Is the pope a Catholic?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

May have been replaced with a tweet! No sign of it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

ddarcy wrote: »
    Supposed to be 3-4 weeks.

thought so, surely that totally decreases overall effectiveness

Great news. I didn't want the Asstrazeneca vaccine.

Great news seeing the rollout likely delayed, pop the champagne

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

thought so, surely that totally decreases overall effectiveness

It’s hand written on the card, so any easy mistake to be made. I believe optimal effectiveness is the 3-4 weeks. Maybe have her just do a quick double check to ensure. Ireland is running at 4 weeks interval. Then two weeks after that you’re fully vaccinated.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Miike wrote: »
    I generally try to be positive but you're right. Jesus Christ.

So basically "we don't recommend it for under 60s but if you've already recieved a dose and are not high risk, we're just going to push out your second dose, till we see if we have further info"?

Even though they don't know if more than 12 weeks gap will cause issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Why does the fact you didn't want it mean it's great news that the rest of us won't get a choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The 16 week gap with AZ seems to be just so they can keep an eye on what is happening with the vaccine elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Why does the fact you didn't want it mean it's great news that the rest of us won't get a choice?

It's great news for young people who were being asked to take an unnecessary risk. I already posted about this earlier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement