Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Protection order

• 12-04-2021 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi wife went and got Protection order against me after I messaged her solicitor to say I will go for one if she attacks me again, I know dumb but don't have a solicitor, am applying for Legal aid now. Paid a solicitor for advice, they said that is bad situation and get a solicitor..endof advice.. then someone said you can go and get Protection order now at same time as hers , is this true? Am in house as no option, kids adults, 2 live here and ganging up, nightmare. I have recording of her admitting attacks but she is a schemer, does nasty things, won't get into it. Any advice or someone experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,565 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Who are he and she here and what is the relationship? Is this your partners wife you meter to as she?

Edit I read ‘His’ wife, not ‘Hi’ wife. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bozd

YellowLead wrote: »
    Who are he and she here and what is the relationship? Is this your partners wife you meter to as she?

My wife is bringing me to court, question is can I get in a Protection order myself,
    so I can try for a Safety order against her.... she is the real abuser.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭penny piper

bozd wrote: »
    My wife is bringing me to court, question is can I get in a Protection order myself,
    so I can try for a Safety order against her.... she is the real abuser.

You can go to your local district court office and look for a form...you don't think maybe it might look abit tit for tat? you know she got one so I'm getting one? idk... I'm sure when you actually go to court the fact she is an "abuser" will be used by your solicitor.

You should really look up the citizens information.ie it gives you lots of information ...might be helpful to you.

Advertisement