Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nam events Ireland

• 04-04-2021 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I hope it is ok to post this here.
    First Nam event of the year

TET-Battle for Hue City

It is being held on Urban Assault (formally known as Sim-Tac)on Saturday 22nd May.

This is the booking link.
    https://urbanassault.ie/event/tet-battle-for-hue-city/

Most of the info about the Nam events go through the facebook group page.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/172036416891942

Hoping to bring a few Nam events for different sites around the country throughout the year. Will update you all on any other events here if the thread is allowed.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Coincidentally I've spent all of lockdown building a Vietnam kit so this works out great!

All booked in, can't bloody wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

So tempted, despite not having been very active in airsoft circles for the past five or six years (and being in another country ....).

Pics or it never happened either way lads ...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭darman28

Lemming wrote: »
    So tempted, despite not having been very active in airsoft circles for the past five or six years (and being in another country ....).

Hi Lemming.

If you are still on Facebook, this link to our Nam group page is probably the best way to view the post event pics and to keep updated. I will post up here anyways on the future events. So feel free to join.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/172036416891942

If you were interested in coming over I would wait out until we can get an event scheduled on Bellurgan Park Airsoft again. BPA were going to organise a 24 hour Nam event for us during 2019 but then Covid happened and they had to prioritise their own events.

Hopefully they could accommodate us again with a 24 hour Nam event in a near Covid free future. If the Nam events on BPA prove popular and successful, it could become an annual event.

We still hope to run a few smaller Nam events on Airsoft sites around the country, both North & South, regardless.

Master of the Universe

Still got that Inokatsu m60? :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Still got that Inokatsu m60? :D

Does a bear sh1t in the woods? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Put down the bicycle so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭ajeganwalsh21

I'm searching all over the world for either one of those or an LCT one. :P

Master of the Universe

I'm searching all over the world for either one of those or an LCT one. :P

I'm fairly sure Lemming is going to be buried with it at this rate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The beast Hasn't left lemmings side since 2007

When I die, it'll be a on a Viking long-boat for a funeral pyre with the '60 and the Stoner, sending me off to Valhalla for eternal "Get some" :p

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

When I die, it'll be a on a Viking long-boat for a funeral pyre with the '60 and the Stoner, sending me off to Valhalla for eternal "Get some" :p

Oh you've a Stoner '63 too do you? Been really tempted by the G&P one.

Oh you've a Stoner '63 too do you? Been really tempted by the G&P one.

You can turn up to an airsoft game and legitimately rock blue levis, a tiger-stripe shirt, and facial fluff :pac:

Just don't get the railed monstrosity version (yes ... alas G&P released a railed one after * all the COD whingers who don't understand a time before rails and could not fit their PEQ boxes, lasers and red-dot sights to a Vietnam era gun)

* Disclaimer: this bit is entirely made up.

Master of the Universe

Sweet Jesus, the horror!

img_520_99b7a1be4fa87402996b3abd7267a1f7_1.jpg

The front hand guard/heat shield makes that gun looks wise IMO, completely destroyed with those monstrosities bolted on.

The front hand guard/heat shield makes that gun looks wise IMO, completely destroyed with those monstrosities bolted on.

But ... but ... now I can look all tacticool with my PEQ box and my IR laser that nobody can see anyway since nobody owns NVGs, and my red laser that lets everyone know where I am and my red-dot sight and x250 sniparrr magnification scope. Not to forget a vertical fore-grip and an m203.

I will then complain about period accuracy or some sh1t with someone else's webbing belt stitches not being correct or them using an M4 instead of an M16.

/sarcasm

Master of the Universe

But ... but ... now I can look all tacticool with my PEQ box and my IR laser that nobody can see anyway since nobody owns NVGs. and my red laser that lets everyone know where I am and my red-dot sight and x10 sniparrr magnification scope. Not to forget a vertical fore-grip and an m203.

I will then complain about period accuracy or some sh1t with someone else's webbing belt stitches not being correct.

People really do get particularly spicy with 'Nam era kit don't they?

I have two ridiculously expensive (!) very late war 30 round Lincloe ammo pouches with individual magazine flaps on my webbing and to an untrained eye they look like ALICE. It's already causing me anxiety :pac:

People really do get particularly spicy with 'Nam era kit don't they?

I have two ridiculously expensive (!) very late war 30 round Lincloe ammo pouches with individual magazine flaps on my webbing and to an untrained eye they look like ALICE. It's already causing me anxiety :pac:

I'm on a VN re-enactors facebook group (I just lurk tbh) and whilst so much of it is as impressive as hell, there can be some serious anal pedantry at times; uncommon to be fair but it does happen. But then again most of these guys are re-enactors, not airsofters, and they are almost always portraying a specific unit at a specific time during the war.

Personally speaking from an airsoft point of view, if it was in production before the collapse of South Vietnam in 1975, it's legit as far as I'm concerned. What people fail to realise is that most "issue" kit saw prototype testing with small units before it became official anyway, and regardless of that kit was not issued uniformly to troops so you could see platoons with differences here and there, so anyone complaining about your pouches can jog right on by. From a practical stand-point I'm of the opinion "if it looks like at 30 ft" it's all good. If you are wanting to portray US/Aussie/NVA/VC, etc. does it bear a reasonable resemblance at a glance? Not everyone has the time, patience, or the money to go full-on with whatever period project it is be it WW2, VN, or whatever, and if we start excluding people who don't meet an historically inch-perfect accurate standard then the list of participants in a themed airsoft event would be miserably small indeed.

Got a modern M14, M4, or AK variant railed to hell and back? Not a problem; remove all your lego accessories and wrap the rails in scrim. etc. There's ways and means around most aesthetic issues; obviously with judgement calls to be made on modern bullpups, support guns and the like, etc. Webbing & vests are a bit more of a balancing act because - again - not everyone has or can afford multiple setups, but I'd just say remove excessively modern stuff like admin pouches or the like to try and look less modern and in general to not look like a tactical weeble (i.e. the vest hast that much sh1t hanging off it you look positively spherical).

Next two Nam event dates

August 7th: Operation Cedar Falls @ Viper Airsoft Club, Sligo
    September 11th-12th: Combat Vietnam @ Bellurgan Park Airsoft, Louth

Nam event on 7th August at Viper is cancelled

Folks the event page for the bellurgan game is up!

https://airsoft.bellurganpark.ie/events/

Tickets are now live

https://airsoft.bellurganpark.ie/events/...

REMEMBER

There is an option of getting NVA loadout kits or chi-com chest rigs on free loaner for this event.

Also if you don't have period correct RIFs, there is the option of using your modern styled RIFs as long as you cover them in burlap.

Thanks

• Advertisement

The Bellurgan Nam game is now a 12hr day event, so no need for the camping gear.

There's still some VC tickets if anyone is interested, I have loads of loaner gear and a small amount of guns to lend out

Just PM me if you want a ticket as the BPA lads are having trouble with the website.

Also, ticket price has been reduced accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 44 athlone Sean

Could group mods/admin add me to fb group if possible please. Sent join request. Cheers Seán.

Hi Sean.

Apologies for the delay in approval to the facebook page.

We have been busy this year with life, new born babies, career, injuries/operation etc. So we havent been able to get a Nam event of the ground this year. Plus we volunteer our own time and money without looking for profit or gain when running these events.

We will try to get something going in the next year, all going well.

Just an FYI and feedback to those reading or interested. Our biggest problem with running these Nam events was trying to fill out the VC and NVA factions. The US faction always out numbered the VC/NVA faction in a 2:1 ratio. AJ bought a load VC/NVA uniforms and chi-coms at his own expense, even offered his own personal AK AEGs, all rent free to people if they wanted to play without the commitment of building a kit and still we had issues with VC/NVA numbers. This is our main issue running these events. Thanks

Thanks very much for reply. Can fully understand and appreciate the situation. Only getting into airsoft now kids are doing their own thing and I have a bit more time to persue a few interests. Should have taken up airsoft 15 yrs ago but like you say family and life take priority. Have a particular interest in Vietnam era and will gladly take up an ak47 in VC role👍 Best of luck going forward and hopefully I'll see ye at a Nam event in the near future. Thanks again for FB add 👍

PS. If ye have a VC uniform minus the flip flops🤣dont mind hochi sandals in xl and chicom rig for sale id be interested in purchasing. Cheers Seán.

@darman28 wrote:

Just an FYI and feedback to those reading or interested. Our biggest problem with running these Nam events was trying to fill out the VC and NVA factions. The US faction always out numbered the VC/NVA faction in a 2:1 ratio. AJ bought a load VC/NVA uniforms and chi-coms at his own expense, even offered his own personal AK AEGs, all rent free to people if they wanted to play without the commitment of building a kit and still we had issues with VC/NVA numbers. This is our main issue running these events. Thanks

As a suggestion, I would allow VC players to use US AEGs; the VC used everything and anything they could get their hands on, including US arms. NVA would have been all using Russian/Chinese equipment by contrast. This all makes assumption that the game has differing numbers for various groups; e.g. 30 US players, 20NVA/10VC, etc. with different groups having different rules of engagement, or whatever. It all depends on how in-depth a particular scenario is.

Advertisement