Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Burren: Heart of Stone (RTE One)

• 11-04-2021 6:42pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Documentary just started there a few minutes ago.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Always thought of the Burren as this barren wasteland full of stones, never realised there was such bio-diversity in it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Oh brilliant didn't realise there was a part two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

That was an amazing programme. Hats off to rte for once. Probably the best output since 'the Field' at Christmas. Beautifuly made programme about a beautiful place, there were moments that were up there with any nature show in any part of the world, particularly the butterfly.
    I've never actually seen a cuckoo either and have been hearing them every summer of my life! Amazing how they know to head off to Africa!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Enjoyed that

The kids were enthralled by it especially the diving section

Will watch the series

Top marks to RTÉ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Enjoyed that

The kids were enthralled by it especially the diving section

Will watch the series

Top marks to RTÉ

Some balls on those cave divers. Thered be small places there I'd be nervous of exploring above land - let alone under water!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wetlandsboy

Bravo! Occasionally, RTÉ really pull it out of the bag!

Part two is more of a history lesson, it's brilliant stuff, wish there was a part three.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

They should have stuck to more practical and current stuff as to what's happening on the burren now, a brief overview of its genealogy would have been better and focus more on the current flora and fauna as it is now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Should have been at least a four part series. But anyway still a great show.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone from around that way? how many dolmens there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

fryup wrote: »

Well worth a visit if you are ever passing that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

fryup wrote: »

Not far myself, well worth a trip, take the walk up mullagmore, stunning scenery, couldn't tell you how many dolmens there are tho

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

Anyone who enjoyed this will love the earlier docufilm “The Silver Branch” made by the same cinematographer and director Katrina Costello. Also about the Burren, it’s visually the most stunning piece of work I’ve ever seen. https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0917/994332-the-silver-branch-absorbing-and-deserving-of-garlands/

Advertisement