Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shed foundation cost

Options
  • 10-04-2021 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

As per title I’m looking for a foundation to be laid for steel tech shed.

Foundation size is 3.5m x3.5m for a 3m x 3m shed.

What kind of money should I be looking to pay (Kerry area)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

As per title I’m looking for a foundation to be laid for steel tech shed.

Foundation size is 3.5m x3.5m for a 3m x 3m shed.

What kind of money should I be looking to pay (Kerry area)

They just need a concrete slab, doesn't need steel.

So I'd say you'd get it done all in for €600-700.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    They just need a concrete slab, doesn't need steel.

So I'd say you'd get it done all in for €600-700.

I'd still always instal a sheet of mesh A393 10mm steel at 80e
    Or min a A142 6mm sheet at 35e as god knows what made up ground is under most shed bases

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

5m x 3m in Dublin just quoted €1300 - €1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

tscul32 wrote: »
    5m x 3m in Dublin just quoted €1300 - €1500.

The boom is back.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

The boom is back.

Not really if you consider the costs of a job done correctly.

Clear 15m² area of grass sod
    150mm of hard core compacted about 4 Ton
    Form shutters
    Mesh steel
    Pour about 2m³ of concrete at 125mm, min delivery load cost
    Access could be an issue
    2 lads for a day all going well
    Call back to strike shutters
    10% profit
    Dosent be long adding up

• Advertisement

Not really if you consider the costs of a job done correctly.

Clear 15m² area of grass sod
    150mm of hard core compacted about 4 Ton
    Form shutters
    Mesh steel
    Pour about 2m³ of concrete at 125mm, min delivery load cost
    Access could be an issue
    2 lads for a day all going well
    Call back to strike shutters
    10% profit
    Dosent be long adding up

It's a base for a shed Bonzo not a landing strip for an airport.

No need for 5 inches of concrete on top of 6 inches of compacted hardcore.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

It's a base for a shed Bonzo not a landing strip for an airport.

No need for 5 inches of concrete on top of 6 inches of compacted hardcore.

Fair enough but it's not far off what the shed suppliers spec for their base .
    I mentioned 5 inches as 2m³ nearly fills a base of 15m² to 5 inches for round figures

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Fair enough but it's not far off what the shed suppliers spec for their base .
    I mentioned 5 inches as 2m³ nearly fills a base of 15m² to 5 inches for round figures

Steeltech spec a concrete slab, no steel. They have a DIY video up on their website if people fancy having a go themselves. Not much to it.

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    Steeltech spec a concrete slab, no steel. They have a DIY video up on their website if people fancy having a go themselves. Not much to it.

The music played on that is my driving long distance CD which I haven't played for a long while, Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

Think I'll go for a drive up Ballaghbeama Gap tomorrow just to play it and enjoy the scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Hi all, thanks for reply’s. got quoted €2k for a 3.5m by 3.5m. Couldn’t believe price tbh so just wanted to gauge what I should be looking at.

I had 700ish in my head but would have went a bit higher if I had to

• Advertisement

Hi all, thanks for reply’s. got quoted €2k for a 3.5m by 3.5m. Couldn’t believe price tbh so just wanted to gauge what I should be looking at.

Any fella getting 700 euro for a simple job like that is doing very well.

Jeasus 2k for 12.5 m² is saucy enough even by my over engineered standards
    :D
    Are you getting ducts done for cabling and water
    along with that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Who2

Any fella getting 700 euro for a simple job like that is doing very well.

Can you break it down how you see it being good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Jeasus 2k for 12.5 m² is saucy enough even by my over engineered standards
    :D
    Are you getting ducts done for cabling and water
    along with that also.

Nope, just a bog standard foundation - dont even know if that included steel as I didnt even bother asking after getting price

Who2 wrote: »
    Can you break it down how you see it being good?

You could work it out yourself, price the materials needed, subtract that total from 700 and the rest is for labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭jack of all

I got the base for my steel shed done 6 years ago- 6m x 3.6m, with some rebar in the perimeter, insulation under floor slab, connect into existing stormwater drainage plus approx. 15m2 of patio laid, all for €3500. That included digging out and disposing of approx. 12 tonnes of spoil. It wasn't cheap but when I saw the labour involved I was happy to pay for a good job (and looking back it was an excellent job).

I got the base for my steel shed done 6 years ago- 6m x 3.6m, with some rebar in the perimeter, insulation under floor slab, connect into existing stormwater drainage plus approx. 15m2 of patio laid, all for €3500. That included digging out and disposing of approx. 12 tonnes of spoil. It wasn't cheap but when I saw the labour involved I was happy to pay for a good job (and looking back it was an excellent job).

That's like comparing apples and oranges though, depending on the thickness used the insulation alone would have been about 500 euro.

Advertisement