Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Death of Anne O Sullivan

Options
  • 08-04-2021 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭

The mother of the family lost in the Kanturk murder suicode a few months ago has died.

RIP Mrs O Sullivan I hope you finally have peace now free from suffering. A cross too much to bear

Woman who lost sons and husband in Kanturk murder suicide passes away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Be right back

Gael23 wrote: »
    The mother of the family lost in the Kanturk murder suicode a few months ago has died.

RIP Mrs O Sullivan I hope you finally have peace now free from suffering. A cross too much to bear

Woman who lost sons and husband in Kanturk murder suicide passes away

May Anne rest in peace. What a cross to bear indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

RiP Anne.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Northernlily

RIP.

I can't even comprehend the torment of that poor woman's last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

RIP Anne.

An absolutely heartbreaking story from beginning to end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

It’s very sad and the saddest aspect of it all is that created the whole scenario. Classic Irish horror story. My father had a similar situation with land and fair play to him he walked away from it and started from scratch and reared us on limited resources. The farm is sold now and it’s all history and all it created was misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

RIP

Could not imagine the grief that lady went through. Absolutely horrific.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

A happy day for her. God be good to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I hope she knew some level of peace in her final days. Can't begin to imagine her pain in recent months.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

The Irish Times had a good write of it here. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/how-dispute-over-a-will-led-to-a-cork-murder-and-two-suicides-1.4533198

The father and son who carried out the act sound like such a horrific, self-centred pair. All that over money, when their mother/wife was dying of cancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

RIP

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

That article tells a bit of a different story.
    Nonetheless aon awful situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

First time reading what actually happened, truly sickening. Wills seem to always tear families apart.

Was there another case about a murder suicide on a farm?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Horrendous. All 4 of the family are now dead and for what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Ckendrick

Greed avarice and jealousy are attributes endemic amongst the Irish at the moment.
    There will be more of this in the near future. RIP Mrs O’Sullivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Oranage2 wrote: »
    First time reading what actually happened, truly sickening. Wills seem to always tear families apart.

Was there another case about a murder suicide on a farm?

There was another case and being from the area I don’t think it was the farm/land that caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Horrendous. All 4 of the family are now dead and for what?

For land, the bit we will all need at the end of the day will have to do us, seen it time and again how land and money can tear families apart

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Farmers just believe so strongly in succession , that the eldest son is the one to inherit. Appears to have been the root of this.

Now it’s going to be sold outside the family instead of just splitting it 50/50

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

There was another case and being from the area I don’t think it was the farm/land that caused it.

Not only wills, my parents were gifted land when they got married, the vitriol and abuse from one my uncles could have turned in something similar.
    Destroyed my mother's health and the irony was we had to help him when his health detriorated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Farmers just believe so strongly in succession , that the eldest son is the one to inherit. Appears to have been the root of this.

According to The Irish Times neither the husband, nor the 2 sons, ever worked on the farm, it was leased out for tillage.

Money and greed led to 2 men killing another man and then committing suicide themselves.

A senseless loss of 3 lives while a wife and mother was terminally ill.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I still find this case so difficult to comprehend. How does a father shoot dead his own son? How does a brother shoot dead his own brother? How do a father and son convince each other to commit suicide? How does anyone treat a terminally ill family member so wickedly? How did some sense of sanity not prevail somewhere along the way? There was obviously a huge deal of planning involved. So many questions that will never be answered, it's just so difficult to make sense of. I hope Anne and Mark rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Looks more like years of festering resentment, hatred and bitterness was the root cause rather than the traditional succession fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I still find this case so difficult to comprehend. How does a father shoot dead his own son? How does a brother shoot dead his own brother? How do a father and son convince each other to commit suicide? How does anyone treat a terminally ill family member so wickedly? How did some sense of sanity not prevail somewhere along the way? There was obviously a huge deal of planning involved. So many questions that will never be answered, it's just so difficult to make sense of. I hope Anne and Mark rest in peace.

I often think about suicides in this way. Especially when stuff is so clinically planned. Your head must just go.

Surely there is even a minute where you take a step back and ask “What the F am I going?!!!”.

Such a sad case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Ppl mightnt buy it twill bring bad luck with it that's fir certain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Most Irish thread ever with all the RIPs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Very tragic and RIP to all.

It appears there was a mother who doted on her son

It appears the father wanted to make sure the other son was not disadvantaged in any inheritance

The mom was terminally ill - favorite son would have inherited all

C‘est la problem

Tragic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Two sons.
    Probably a mistake to favour one imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He was threatening to commit suicide if his mother didnt sign the farm over to him.

Whats harrowng about that inquest yesterday is it was revealed that the son who was murdered by his father and brother had spoken about his fears of them killing him to a friend in the weeks leading up to it. Really awful stuff and all over some land. The father and son put the mother Anne through terror over the whole affair.

Advertisement