Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Battle of South America

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Barna77

Tierra del Fuego

Simply better flag

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Tierra del Fuego. Class.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Hm. I thought there were better flags than this earlier in the competition to be honest! These are decent, but not the best four I think.

Anyways, Tierra del Fuego is nice but also neat. Santa Catarina is just that bit busy for me, though the colours are a bit nicer I think. But I can't put a flag with its name on it into the final.

Tierra del Fuego for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Tierra del Fuego 4-0
    Also copying reasons from yesterday because it says it all.

We love the colours of the flag- the orange that gives the province its name (meaning land of fire) and the blue representing the expanse of sky and also the waters that surround it.
    The albatross is a beautiful way to break the colours but it has wonderful symbolism of its own- the albatross is very seldom seen ashore but can be seen here and it has hence become a symbol of the province. it is in flight signifying liberty.
    As said already the Southern Cross has special significance and is used on many flags in South America but here it is given pride of place as it represents the southern islands.
    For those who say it has less going on, its simplicity adds to its beauty and it is not so busy as others.

For us this flag has majesty and we put it miles ahead of Santa Caterina.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tierra del Fuego - love both, this would have made a great final, but this is such a unique flag it's impossible not to vote for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Even if I'm not s fan of the orange Tierra del Fuego is a beautiful flag!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

so initially I didnt like TdF because of the seagull and it being a computer graphic bird rather than the actual shape of the bird that it's supposed to be. which made it look like a pteranodon(& yes I had to google the spelling of that).

but the colours have grown on me after it had been pointed out how nice they were together. an it is nice and fresh looking.

Santa Catarina I love the green with the red and white. love the bird and the star. but i've already said before that I dont like the smurf hat or the xmas bow.

so its now a choice (in my mind at least) between the smurfs or dinosaur train :D

I hate the smurfs, and dinosaur train was a very cute programme, so finally i'm getting round to choosing TdF!

I don't even have any kids around me to blame for my way of thinking.

and I don't drink to be able to say i'm half jarred either :o:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I missed the other nail-biter of a semi but thankfully people saw sense and out the right flag through.

This one is a non-league side against a Champion's League finalist, there's just one clear winner here and it's Tierra Del Fuego. Just say that name out loud. It's brilliant, evocative, dangerous... and with a flag that married symbolism, geometry, a rare combination of colours that works perfectly. The dream final we all wanted and needed is just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just under 15 minutes left here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Santa Catarina. Lovely colours, intricate, imaginative interior crest.

I'm bemused that the other one is getting any votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Santa Catarina

State of Brazil

It is way more interesting flag plus some Brazil needs to stay in

Just say that name out loud. It's brilliant, evocative, dangerous...

Probablt the best reason I've ever read on one of these :pac::pac::pac:

It's a semi-final landslide victory.

Tierra del Fuego advances to the final

The Grand Finale is just around the corner. We will give 60 minutes voting time but this time all votes must come via Private Message. I will reveal the winner after the hour elapses and then, for transparency, list who voted for what. You don't need to give me any reasons in your PM but if you want to canvas or muse or bitch on thread, you are more than welcome to do so!

We go live at 10:00 PM

Again, only votes via PM will be counted.

ah here!

I sh1t you not. there is method to my madness :D:D

Tierra del Fuego

Province of Argentina

thumb2-flag-of-tierra-del-fuego-4k-silk-flag-province-of-argentina-silk-texture.jpg

Group 61 Winner
    Round 1 def Santo Domingo de lod Tsáchilas (ECU)
    Round 2 def Sorocaba (BRA)
    Round 3 def Callao (PER)
    Round 4 def Paraná (BRA)
    Semi Final def Santa Catarina (BRA)

vs

Carabobo

State of Venezuela

thumb2-flag-of-carabobo-state-4k-silk-flag-venezuelan-state-carabobo-state.jpg

Group 34 Winner
    Round 1 def Cajamarca (PER)
    Round 2 def San Luis (ARG)
    Round 3 def Santiago del Estero (ARG)
    Round 4 def Amazonas (COL)
    Semi Final def Brazil

Some of the votes so far.
    Carabobo - 2 great flags in the final and to be honest I'd be happy with either one but I love that sun and arch so going with carabobo
    Tierra del Fuego - two magnificent flags, a very worthy final. But given how much I generally dislike orange as a colour, it takes a very special flag to make me forget that it's orange, and this is that flag. It goes brilliantly with the blue, and the stars are a nice touch, but the albatross is the icing on the cake. All round, it's just genius.
    Carabobo - 2 great flags in the final and to be honest I'd be happy with either one but I love that sun and arch so going with carabobo
    I don't really like either!

Tierra Del Fuego

Omackeral wrote: »
    The Grand Finale is just around the corner. We will give 60 minutes voting time but this time all votes must come via Private Message. I will reveal the winner after the hour elapses and then, for transparency, list who voted for what. You don't need to give me any reasons in your PM but if you want to canvas or muse or bitch on thread, you are more than welcome to do so!

We go live at 10:00 PM

Again, only votes via PM will be counted.

I voted early :p before 10pm does it count, did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

The irony. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

:D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Ha ha sorry I'm still recovering from shock here! I counted your vote :)

15 minutes left and the last few votes have tightened things right up...

Just a heads up... we might be heading to extra time...

temp.gif

This is how we resolve it. 10 minutes overtime. Include a reason. Via PM. Go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Exciting ending to a great tournament

Get your overtime votes in now folks!!! EVEN IF YOU'VE VOTED ALREADY!!!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ha ha sorry I'm still recovering from shock here! I counted your vote :)

Twice vote so for Carabobo, as sun has featured alot so should be on the winning flag :p;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Getting in on this action late .

Carabobo means something like Silly Face in Spanish.

Tierra del Fuego means Land of Fire.

PM sent.

Advertisement