Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SEAI Grants

• 11-03-2021 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi Guys,

I'm currently renovating my house and my architect has been quite unhelpful regarding SEAI grants. Do I just apply for all the grants I'm eligible for when the build is going on?

Thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,967 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hi Guys,

I'm currently renovating my house and my architect has been quite unhelpful regarding SEAI grants. Do I just apply for all the grants I'm eligible for when the build is going on?

Thanks.

Engage a BER assessor to advise you of the seai grants

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

....my architect has been quite unhelpful regarding SEAI grants.

In what way? Do you know if you are eligible for grants?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi Guys,

Thanks.

What Grants are you looking for?
    What works are you doing?

Solar PV.
    Electric Car Charger.
    No Grant for Boilers anymore, only A2W.
    Heating Controls.
    Fabric Insulation.

All of this needs to be discussed with the Contractor also as there's extra paperwork in processing payment to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,819 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hi Guys,

Thanks.
    It's a personal choice as to whether you apply for a Grant or not. Nothing to do with the architect.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

Hi Guys,

Thanks.

Apart from Solar PV Panels, all other SEAI grants must be approved prior to commencing work (I found this out the hard way). You must ensure you are using an SEAI approved installer / contractor and ensure you get their SEAI registration number and validate it on the SEAI website.

Some contractors will give you their number and when you check it is out of date. For instance, you must have a tax clearance cert to renew your SEAI number.

Take 30 minutes to read the SEAI website, all the information is there and is easy to understand. You can also call them to clarify anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Reticulating Splines

Lads how are the grants paid?

Do you get a lump sum or is it in the form of a tax credit?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Lads how are the grants paid?

Do you get a lump sum or is it in the form of a tax credit?

Apply before works start.
    Payment made into bank account of the applicant.

Advertisement