Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW31 Captain Poll

• 08-04-2021 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭

On wildcard at the moment and I'm thinking of a one-gameweek captain punt on Sterling before ditching him for Son.

I see it as a free hit of sorts. If he hauls that's great and if he blanks I'll be getting rid of him anyway so I won't have to see his mug in my team again this season.

Who will be your GW31 captain? 99 votes

Neto (ful)
    61% 61 votes
    KDB (LEE)
    1% 1 vote
    Sterling (LEE)
    5% 5 votes
    Gundogan (LEE)
    3% 3 votes
    Aguero (LEE)
    1% 1 vote
    Salah (AVL)
    1% 1 vote
    Jota (AVL)
    15% 15 votes
    Lingard (LEI)
    6% 6 votes
    Vardy (whu)
    2% 2 votes
    Kane (MUN)
    0% 0 votes
    Fernandes (tot)
    4% 4 votes
    Other (Comment in thread)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'd love to punt on Pereira but will leave him VC

Mo (C)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Very tough choice this week if you don't have Salah I think. Could be a good week to go for a differential pick. I can see the captains spread out over Salah, Jota, Kane, Bruno and De Bruyne. I think I might take a punt on Gundog or TAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Need a differential to make up points so punting Mane. Have a, possibly misguided, feeling he like playing Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Don’t have Salah, got Trent in for a -4 and handing him the armband. Seems like as good a week as any for a punt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

the false prophet for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'm going to go with Aguero

He did come on mid week and I don't think he will start away to Dortmund ,
    I reckon he has a few goals in him against Leeds

I'm that far behind in my leagues I need to take punt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Im captaining aubamayeng....as mental as that seems. I dont have salah so options are limited. I dont expect KDB to play for city given the next two fixtures dortmund and chelsea in fa cup semi being more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nice bit of green

Yeah same PEA, hopefully he’ll start and that assist last night gives him a bit of confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have went with KdB fully aware he only has about a 30% chance of starting, if he doesnt Ill pray its a full rest and then the armband falls to Kane. If there wasnt any uncertainty about Mount being rotated Id put the vice on him as he is in form and that Chelsea fixture v Palace is attractive. But I need a guaranteed starter for the VC because KdB is fairly likely to get rested so Kane it is. If KdB does happen to start v Leeds we could be in for fireworks but I reckon he gets rested and Gundog starts, Id captain him if I still owned him.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

Dice75 wrote: »
    Need a differential to make up points so punting Mane. Have a, possibly misguided, feeling he like playing Villa.

Mane isn't guaranteed to start FYI. With the champions league second leg to come, Firmino will probably start and it's even possible Klopp pulls a surprise and starts someone like Shaqiri against Villa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Aguero :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

some bizarre choices this week IF truthful

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

Who are you thinking of as a bizarre choice?

I have an idea that Mitrovic will do well later on. Wolves are missing the spine of their team and are floating along in mid table. Mitrovic in good form last couple of weeks.

That bizarre enough? :D

I don’t think I will though. Probably stick with Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I am going to add to the list and captain Wood! Don't have Salah and looking for a differential

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Didn't have great options this week. I went for Kane.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

On wildcard at the moment and I'm thinking of a one-gameweek captain punt on Sterling before ditching him for Son.

I see it as a free hit of sorts. If he hauls that's great and if he blanks I'll be getting rid of him anyway so I won't have to see his mug in my team again this season.

It was nice knowing you Raheem. Now get the f**k out of my team!

Advertisement