Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards AC Playlist

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Ive listened to music on almost ever run for almost 26 years now. Thats about 70k miles and god knows how many songs. The only ever present(since its inclusion over 15 years ago,) is She Crawls Away by Hootie and The Blowfish. Many songs have come and gone some forgotten completely but Ive never had a play list without this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

ultrapercy wrote: »
    Ive listened to music on almost ever run for almost 26 years now. Thats about 70k miles and god knows how many songs. The only ever present(since its inclusion over 15 years ago,) is She Crawls Away by Hootie and The Blowfish. Many songs have come and gone some forgotten completely but Ive never had a play list without this one.

A great tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Stephen Morris (New Order) has a Spotify Playlist called Fast Forward (named after his book) and it's really great if anyone is interested in giving it a listen

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/21iIUUjrHw4aK5HqGzLsyj

Edit - linked to wrong playlist. Fixed now

Cheers for that, my watch is downloading it at the moment as supposed Mr Garmin Coach wants me to run for 1:40 tomorrow. Will definitely pass the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Wottle

A few contenders for the Boards AC playlist

Just love it
    Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
    https://youtu.be/JGhoLcsr8GA

Queen and David Bowie
    https://youtu.be/YoDh_gHDvkk

Best music video I remember as a kid
    Dire Straits - Walk of life
    https://youtu.be/kd9TlGDZGkI

But if I could only pick one, a song that gets me singing everytime, it's this
    AHA - Take on me
    https://youtu.be/djV11Xbc914

• Registered Users Posts: 15,942 ✭✭✭✭event

I have just one playlist

Radioactive - Imagine dragons
    The logical song - scooter
    Music sounds better with you - stardust
    Cafe del mar - Energy 52
    U dont know me - armand van helden
    greece 200 - three drives
    insomnia - Faithles
    adagio for strings - Tiesto
    1998 - Binary finary
    out of space - The prodigy
    rej/the man with the red face/yeke yeke - pete tong
    clubbed to death - pete tong
    Born slippy - underworld
    break stuff - Limp bizkit
    head & heart - Joel Corry
    Pursuit of happiness - Kid Cudi, MGMT
    Red right hand - Nick cave
    sunchyme - dario G
    Paradise - MEDUZA
    Run Away - Ian Storm
    Roses - SAINt JHN
    Intro - The xx
    Chase the sun - Planet Funk
    Tell me why - supermode
    Memories - David Guetta, Kid Kudi
    Two Tribes Annihilation - Frankie goes to hollywood
    Temptation - Heaven 17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

After a lot of thought my one tune is Born to run - Bruce Springsteen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

It wasn't in my original list but heard it on radio this morning. If Laineyfrecks breaks into the drum solo for Phil Collins while out running then I'm sure I'd have a job not breaking into a mosh if I heard this one while out on a run....

My choice- Plug in Baby by Muse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

It was a hard choice given my weirdly varied taste in music but I'll go with M83 - Outro.

It's a song I imagine encompasses what it must feel like to cross the finish line of DCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I think it was mentioned back in the thread how your cadence might automatically sync to some tunes.

Case in point. There is one that never fails to put me into a rhythm.

Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz
    I spent most of my long run plodding along at 160-163, then at approx 96 mins this comes on and I find the rhythm. Cadence perked to 168 for the duration and perked the remainder of the run up too :)

It wasn't in my original list but heard it on radio this morning. If Laineyfrecks breaks into the drum solo for Phil Collins while out running then I'm sure I'd have a job not breaking into a mosh if I heard this one while out on a run....

My choice- Plug in Baby by Muse.

We need to join forces on on a run, what an epic run that would be!

• Advertisement

We need to join forces on on a run, what an epic run that would be!

Because of my routes I don't actually listen to tunes when out running for safety.
    So I'd be relying on you singing each song and didn't you mention having a beautiful singing voice earlier in the thread!!

Because of my routes I don't actually listen to tunes when out running for safety.
    So I'd be relying on you singing each song and didn't you mention having a beautiful singing voice earlier in the thread!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or something like that...I'm sure we could work on it... voice of an angel apparently:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or something like that...I'm sure we could work on it... voice of an angel apparently:D

The voice of Lucifer, Beelzebub, Belial, Asmodeus, Leviathan, Verrine, Astorath, Berith, Sonneillon and Gressil all rolled up in one :D

skyblue46 wrote: »
    The voice of Lucifer, Beelzebub, Belial, Asmodeus, Leviathan, Verrine, Astorath, Berith, Sonneillon and Gressil all rolled up in one :D

Sure in the old days when we ran together you loved to hear me sing :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Used a few recommendations on here for my run this morning. Definitely worked, got a new 5km pb. Some belters

Used a few recommendations on here for my run this morning. Definitely worked, got a new 5km pb. Some belters

I doubt ya got to enjoy many tunes looking at the time ya did! Well done, super speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Jesus - this was/is a great read.

Don't listen to music that much on runs - my music taste is quite eclectic - ranging from Eminem to Ludovico Einaudi.
    Favourite Band would be Frightened Rabbit (nice to see Kevin Dooney play one of their tracks on MTAR last week) but am also quite partial to Coldplay & 'New' Taylor Swift.

In terms of picking 1 song for a potential running playlist - theres 3 in the running :)

(1) Columbia Mills - This City Doesn't Feel Like Home To Me. (super Irish band - gets the cadence up)

(2) Plan B - Ill Manors Album - the whole thing. (if pushed - Drug Dealer) - I listened to this over and over again many years ago - it was a 'project' album to go with the film - had to be listened to in sequence.

(3) L'amore Qui Non Passa by Negramaro

Cast your mind back to November 2016 - AMK had just broken 3 hours in San Sebastian Marathon and been dumped by TBL.
    I showered and set off.......alone.......in search of food.

The sun glistening down as I strode from cafe to cafe, each one shut for Siesta.
    I had Spotify in my ears - a 'discover weekly' type one that Spotify conjures up.

I had sat down in 1 place and ordered a coffee - no food available, a table facing the sun in front of the river, watching the people go by.
    I'm so content at this moment - I'm smiling, the coffee is fantastic, its sunny and warm and then this song comes on - I'd never heard it before. It was perfect for that moment.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1Do0bFe1NDpmoBCQdLm8zx?si=1346bc6e78124f35

This will be forever my 'happy place' song - takes me back to that moment.

For the purposes of this playlist - I'll go with Columbia Mills as its St Patricks Day!

https://open.spotify.com/track/5SsS2vqlwjZLEZ3FnW6Gyv?si=a66858e2022548ce

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

There's a difference - The Crystal Method

This thread was WAYYYY Too good to die...

So I'd recommend finding your fave artist on Tiny Desk sessions..

Some of my favs

My Teens :D

My 20, 30s, 40s uber crush :)

RIP Dolores :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭lulublue22

This thread was WAYYYY Too good to die...

So I'd recommend finding your fave artist on Tiny Desk sessions..

Some of my favs

My Teens :D

My 20, 30s, 40s uber crush :)

RIP Dolores :(

My boy loves Wu - Tang clan :happy:

• Advertisement

lulublue22 wrote: »
    My boy loves Wu - Tang clan :happy:

Then he would appreciate this :)
    https://youtu.be/3szdVXuRZEw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Placebo - Come Home

That will get the legs turning over !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I keep meaning to go through this thread properly at some stage but in the meantime here's a nice annoying song to start your easy runs to :pac:

It's one of those value for money songs. A minute should be enough to infect your brains jukebox so that it loops continuously between your ears. Then you can leave leave the house without your earphones altogether.

Advertisement