Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New game workshopping and brainstorming

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You're absolutely right EN but the problem again is we're relying on other people to handle these things and often they go AWOL for weeks/months....when was the last walrus I can't remember...

giphy.gif

At least this way it keeps things moving. If the winner doesn't post the category on Monday, the 2nd place person can post it on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Yeah, there is that danger :o

Cool, run with it, I don't care if everyone bullies Trig anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yeah, there is that danger :o

Cool, run with it, I don't care if everyone bullies Trig anyway :D

Me neither, in fact, its the source of all my Mod powers

KlutzyLividEskimodog-max-14mb.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

There has not been any HEEPS games in quite a while. It would be interesting to see HEEPS equivalents of some recent Sheep and Peehs games like the alphabet and music ones.

I don't have the wherewithal to organize them, or spend enough time at it, but if some others wanted to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There has not been any HEEPS games in quite a while. It would be interesting to see HEEPS equivalents of some recent Sheep and Peehs games like the alphabet and music ones.

I don't have the wherewithal to organize them, or spend enough time at it, but if some others wanted to...
    Heeps games are the work of the devil! Designed to torture the innocent souls of FG. They're evil. Evil I tells ya!

A HEEPS version of Fifteen to One tonight would have been painful for some of us! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I'm nearly sure I've seen it on here before, but has there been a game where SHEEP/HEEPS/PEEHS are all in the one game?

First question you might be looking for HEEPS...

Second question, SHEEP...

Third question, PEEHS...

So on and so forth...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Someone should run a game of the MEEPS where the sheep counts as minus the score the 2nd most popular counts as 0 and an Ace minus 3rd score x2..

d5b1caeff0f1dc6ee16ba04eff9e7ac5.jpg

I'm nearly sure I've seen it on here before, but has there been a game where SHEEP/HEEPS/PEEHS are all in the one game?

First question you might be looking for HEEPS...

Second question, SHEEP...

Third question, PEEHS...

So on and so forth...

I actually was imagining something like that yesterday in my head! I can't believe it was actually done! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'm thinking of running another table quiz sometime soon if there is interest in it.

I would also like to declare my interest in playing that idea LeVar and Necro are working on, sound pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kolido wrote: »
    I would also like to declare my interest in playing that idea LeVar and Necro are working on, sound pretty cool

For Reference (from the Werewolf Feedback Thread)
    Well aside from in-person Werewolf and similar games, I also used to play online versions of Survivor and Big Brother (the US version, which is not just a public popularity contest like the UK one) both of which are all about strategy, alliances, figuring out who to trust, and knowing what the next 3 or 4 steps should be if the preceding steps go smoothly, so I guess there are certainly transferrable skills from those. ;)
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Tell me more.....
    It was on Facebook years ago (circa. 2011-2013) and honestly I left all the game groups and don't even know if they still exist, so can't look back to throw up examples, but it wasn't entirely dis-similar to how Werewolf is played here (they were big events, really well organised, and you kind of knew they'd run for about a week), just different mechanics to the game structures.

There were competition challenges every day (usually mini-quizzes, and online puzzles) to determine Tribal Immunity/Individual Immunity for Survivor or HeadOfHousehold/PowerOfVeto for Big Brother (have a look at the wikipedia pages for both shows if you're unfamiliar with how those games work), and then it was mostly about alliances, and stabbing people in the back just like in the shows...

We PM'd the Game Mods our confessionals/diary room entries, and were able to ask Mods to open up secret facebook groups for alliance chats. So on the main game thread, the competitions, general chats, tribal councils, and who got voted out, etc. were able to be seen by everyone, but it wasn't until the very end of the game, when the alliance chats and confessionals were published that everyone could see the big picture of what was going on, so at times it could seem like people were making mental moves, but you'd then see post game the reasoning behind it via the secret chats (essentially the same as the wolves chat in the backroom) and get a view of the bigger picture.

I was thinking this morning while looking through the backrooms for Father Ted that it could be adapted to run a game of Survivor or BBUS here or maybe some sort of hybrid of the two... The daily competitions for immunity or whatever could be mini-sheep, and variations of other games we play in FG anyway. I'd need to think of it a bit more and chat to some of the WW gamesmasters who know their sh*t about using backrooms and designing games to see if it could work for us, but they're definitely games I think people round these parts could enjoy. It's always fun, making alliances, stabbing each other in the back, and voting each other out of games, right? :D
    Necro wrote: »
    Sounds like that sort of game would fit in VERY well around here :D

Have sent you a PM LeVar ;)
    PM received. Looks like its worth moving ahead with developing it anyway. Myself and Necro are on the case... :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm thinking of running another table quiz sometime soon if there is interest in it.

Big Boardser is watching you, Kolido ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I've no idea how you do a table quiz online but I'd be up for giving it a go! :D

How about something to do with radio stations and people involved with radio, whether current, past. licensed, unlicensed (pirates)? I think every other topic has been covered by now! Start off with Sheep and, if it works, try a similar theme for Peehs, and, if that works, try it for Heeps!

Sheep and/or Heeps and/or Peehs James Bond films - every aspect of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Sheep and/or Heeps and/or Peehs James Bond films - every aspect of them!
    We're all the proletariat here Declan ;)

200.gif

We're all the proletariat here Declan ;)

200.gif

If you mean me organising it, I don't have the wherewithal to do it. :o I would not be able to give it the time it would deserve in putting the threads together and all those calculations. I would not like to be letting down the show! :o

Other than taking part (my favourite bit of course! :)), I could act as an advisor/researcher in that I could PM a list of questions for the would be host. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The programme game runners use does the calculations and gives you an output you can copy paste.

If you don't want to run it that's no probs but it's worth giving it a shot to see if you can. It may not be as complicated as it looks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Having recently just run my first game I totally agree, the sheepulator is a brilliantly simple to use piece of technology, possibly only second to the wheel. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Even an idiot can use it, and I say that from personal experience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Wonder would there be any interest in a Eurovision Walrus type game? Boardies decide the Eurovision for 2021. We could run it the night's before the actual contests so semi final 1 on the 17th May, semi final 2 on the 19th and the grand final on the 21st. Or just a straight run of all songs ranked by boardies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I haven't watched the Eurovision in years, used to love it back when we were dominating it :D

I would play. I take it all the songs have already been chosen and we would have plenty of time to listen to them

On a separate note, is anyone planning on running a Euro 2021 FF type game this year like the one Strawbs ran 3 years ago for the WC? If no, I could run it if folk are interested. Think we had a good turnout last time.

Yeah the songs have all been released so it would just be a matter of everyone picking their top ten and awarding points like the real thing from 12 to 1.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Wonder would there be any interest in a Eurovision Walrus type game? Boardies decide the Eurovision for 2021. We could run it the night's before the actual contests so semi final 1 on the 17th May, semi final 2 on the 19th and the grand final on the 21st. Or just a straight run of all songs ranked by boardies.
    Oh you mean a Surlaw? :D yes why not

Only thing is I'll be actually watching the real thing on the 22nd so I'd be doing a reveal either the night before or the night after. Or the Saturday before maybe? I haven't really thought this out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Only thing is I'll be actually watching the real thing on the 22nd so I'd be doing a reveal either the night before or the night after. Or the Saturday before maybe? I haven't really thought this out at all.
    Would you be using the actual eurovision entries for 2021?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I think the night before - we can see how our entries then match up on the actual day. I love the Eurovision, so will definitely enter, but if you need a hand with anything on it, let me know.

Would you be using the actual eurovision entries for 2021?

Yeah there's a spotify playlist with the full list of songs.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DWVCKO3xAlT1Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Anyone here good at video editing, graphic creation (for a video).

I have an idea for a video based game and need some guidnece creating a decent graphic for the logo and editing the video. Have zero experience beyond the odd bit ig ohotoshop and gimp2.

Advertisement