Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wellington Paranormal (TVNZ) ***Spoilers***

Options
  • 25-07-2018 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else been watching Wellington Paranormal?

It's the New Zealand Mockumentary from Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement, set in the What We Do In The Shadows universe, but from the perspective of the local police force.

I'm really enjoying it, particularly the 3rd episode which aired today, being the highlight so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

going to start checking it out considering how much I'm enjoying shadows

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where is this being shown here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Mickeroo wrote: »

Kiwi cousins sent it to me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I can't find it on any of my streaming apps but old school downloading worked. Good few options with sufficient seeds.

It's pretty funny, seems closer to the original What We Do In The Shadows to me, but that could just be the setting and accents.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is such a fun show.

Season 3 starts on 26th.

We need a crossover episode where Minogue & O'Leary go on exchange to New York.

Some Coivd videos they did last year for the real New Zealand Police Force.

Link to the New Zealand Police Force youtube page.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/newzealandpolice/videos

• Advertisement

Season 3 has started and I must say this show deserves a lot more love around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Season 3 has started and I must say this show deserves a lot more love around the world.

It should - it's on par with WWDITS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,904 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I have found it quite difficult to find on my usual streaming apps, maybe people just aren't getting to see it? It definitely deserves more love though.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

This show just cracks me up..

Lost Traveller Glasses Man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Dubwat

Mickeroo wrote: »

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2021/03/what-we-do-in-the-shadows-spinoff-wellington-paranormal-finally-arriving-in-the-uk/
    Almost three years after its debut, What We Do In the Shadows spin-off Wellington Paranormal has finally found its way onto UK television with the news that Sky have bought the Taika Waititi and Jemaine Clement mocumentary.
    Now on its third season, and arguably funnier than its vampire-centric cousin, Wellington Paranormal will be available on Sky Comedy and Now TV from April 9th.

• Advertisement

The Revengers :)

Magnet Parker lol

The CW & HBO Max have picked it up in the States so glad now it will get a much deserved bigger audience

The poor camera man taken buy the fatburg the spit out :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

This is available to watch on sky now.Just saw the first episode,very good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Good to hear there are fans of this show here, the lack of buzz elsewhere made me think it wasn't particularly great.

Where would people place it in a ranked list along with WWDITS (movie) & WWSDITS (TV)?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

WWDITS (TV) - If only for Matt Berry and Colin ****ingggg Robinson!
    WWDITS (Movie)
    Wellington Paranormal

Imo of course, it's hard to pick between the movie and TV show, they're both brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

WWDITS is a different kind of comedy
    WP is in you face, WWDITS is a bit more sublime

The one thing I will say is they both make laugh a lot to myself and laugh out loud at least once in every episode and you can't ask for more from comedy to have that kind of hit rate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Anything with Matt Berry already gets a leg up by his presence alone.

• Advertisement

Six episode seasons are way to short for this another year to wait now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The_Dave

Are they likely to show the previous 2 seasons on Sky, or have they got the rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

The_Dave wrote: »
    Are they likely to show the previous 2 seasons on Sky, or have they got the rights?

all 3 seasons are available to watch on sky now.about 20 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

The episode (I think final of S2?) with the electronics coming alive and the vape in the police car had me in stitches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,830 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

cefh17 wrote: »
    WWDITS (TV) - If only for Matt Berry and Colin ****ingggg Robinson!
    WWDITS (Movie)
    Wellington Paranormal

Imo of course, it's hard to pick between the movie and TV show, they're both brilliant
    The cast in WWDITS are just terrific, but Matt Berry does tend to steal every scene....Jackie Daytona....lol

Minogue & O'Leary are back and they are bird hunting and there is some mansplaining going on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The Wicker Man this week, oh man this show is just so bloody good.

"You Can't Touch Those" :)

• Advertisement

Love this show so much always cheers me up when i watch an episode

Advertisement