Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW31 Transfer Thread

• 05-04-2021 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭

Surprised to not see this thread already made.

Will look at Pereira (WBA) in.

Not sure who said it in the GW30 matchday thread but assets at the wrong end of the table will be attractive and given what Pereira is capable of v Chelsea, looks a good bet from now til end of season.

Only 5.3 and on all WBA set pieces, 8 points off safety under a manager who doesn't get relegated....

Lookman looks injured and hasn't done much for me recently, out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,084 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Rage transferred Sterling out on Saturday night for Jota. Too much rotation in that City side now and the league is over. Got lucky with both changing in price that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

City Leeds game could be very open - if you could get your attackers right could be golden,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ace2007 wrote: »
    City Leeds game could be very open - if you could get your attackers right could be golden,

Praying Cancelo starts, he could have a field day

siblers wrote: »
    Praying Cancelo starts, he could have a field day

Foden could be worth a punt as well, but depends on how the game goes tomorrow and who starts etc.

If I knew Aguero was going to start I'd be tempted even, but just to hard to know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭COH

Looks like ill be needing an Antonio replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

I think it is time to get rid of Martinez with the fixtures they have for the rest of the season. Thinking Alisson might be the way to go as Liverpool will be looking to show they can defend and make it into the top 4. Would still leave me with 5.2mill in the bank to invest on an upgrade elsewhere so it might be worth taking a hit to upgrade DCL, Bamford, B. Traore or Targett.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Surprised to not see this thread already made.

Will look at Pereira (WBA) in.

Not sure who said it in the GW30 matchday thread but assets at the wrong end of the table will be attractive and given what Pereira is capable of v Chelsea, looks a good bet from now til end of season.

Only 5.3 and on all WBA set pieces, 8 points off safety under a manager who doesn't get relegated....

He'll break your heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Raphina -> Neto

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

All Everton players....

tenor.gif

Gundog out, and possible Maddison in, he was Leicester's main man before injury, Leicester fighting to stay top 4, and Maddison wanting to have any chance of making the euros he needs to pick up when he left off. Also means having someone playing in the last game of each GW coming up - have this weird want/need to have a player playing in the last game of each GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Gundog out, and possible Maddison in, he was Leicester's main man before injury, Leicester fighting to stay top 4, and Maddison wanting to have any chance of making the euros he needs to pick up when he left off. Also means having someone playing in the last game of each GW coming up - have this weird want/need to have a player playing in the last game of each GW.

Yeah I'm considering Maddison too, just not convinced that Ihenacho will continue this form.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Tempted to go Bruno to Salah. Then go KDB back to Bruno the following week. Feel the time is right to get Salah back but not sure if I can risk dropping Bruno. I want to get the Leeds game out of KDB before parting ways for good.

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Tempted to go Bruno to Salah. Then go KDB back to Bruno the following week. Feel the time is right to get Salah back but not sure if I can risk dropping Bruno. I want to get the Leeds game out of KDB before parting ways for good.

I feel that Bruno's ownership is such that when he returns it will kill you. KdB could easily be rested for the Leeds game - which i would say is highly dependent on the result tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

macraignil wrote: »
    I think it is time to get rid of Martinez with the fixtures they have for the rest of the season. Thinking Alisson might be the way to go as Liverpool will be looking to show they can defend and make it into the top 4. Would still leave me with 5.2mill in the bank to invest on an upgrade elsewhere so it might be worth taking a hit to upgrade DCL, Bamford, B. Traore or Targett.

I got rid of Martinez last week and it definitely wasnt good timing as his replacement Mendy then conceded 5 goals. But looking at Villas fixtures Id still be confident Chelsea will get more clean sheets than Villa over the next 5 fixtures.

Thinking Raphina to Jota this week. Had planned selling Lingard for Jota but cant let go of that kind of form. Another headache is KdB and that Leeds game, its a very attractive fixture but also hard to see him playing a full 90 when its sandwiched between the two CL games. As well as that hes going to have a few more fixtures before the FA Cup semi and EPL final, again doubts on him starting will be there too. Might be time to get rid now for a guaranteed starter like Salah or Bruno.

Rudiger is going to start v Porto. Does this mean he will be back in the side for the league game also?

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/1379408803293184001?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fitz* wrote: »
    Rudiger is going to start v Porto. Does this mean he will be back in the side for the league game also?

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/1379408803293184001?s=19

With Silva suspended, the chances increase for sure.

How bad they were on Saturday without him probably influences it too

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was the Chelsea collapse on Saturday only due to Silva getting sent off or was the absense of Kante somewhat to blame? Didnt see the match or highlights, what did Tuchel do after the red card, Im surprised he didnt bring on Rudiger at that point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was the Chelsea collapse on Saturday only due to Silva getting sent off or was the absense of Kante somewhat to blame? Didnt see the match or highlights, what did Tuchel do after the red card, Im surprised he didnt bring on Rudiger at that point

He took off Ziyech. He loves Rudiger, he'll be straight back in I would think. I'd say he was just resting him as he was playing for Germany on the Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Most likely bringing in Jota for Gundogan, though I would like to have some city players against Leeds.

Tempted to bring in TAA also.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I feel that Bruno's ownership is such that when he returns it will kill you. KdB could easily be rested for the Leeds game - which i would say is highly dependent on the result tonight.

Yeah I think you’re right about Bruno. I got rid of him for a small bit this season starting with the City game and 1 minute into that game I was punished!! Salah seems to be back in a bit of form with another goal tonight but I might wait one more game and then bring him in for KDB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

macraignil wrote: »

Reconsidering bringing in Alisson now after seeing Liverpool this evening. Maybe will swap out Johnstone instead and bring in Mendy from Chelsea but will wait to see how tomorrow evenings game will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bale out
    Mahrez in

We're at the f*ck it stage of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Kun fit while I'm on wildcard?
    I know how this goes

Don't forget the Spurs double (32) and City blank (33) are coming up when planning your transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Will jota play this week with cl next week?

I expect city to rotate 8/9 of the players who played last night so best avoided for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

POKERKING wrote: »
    Will jota play this week with cl next week?

I expect city to rotate 8/9 of the players who played last night so best avoided for now.
    I don't think Jota is the biggest rotation risk there given he was rested against Arsenal. He is also 3 goals from 2 so makes himself even more important in their quest for top 4.

I think Mane might be rested at the weekend. He has not looked good.

CSF wrote: »
    I don't think Jota is the biggest rotation risk there given he was rested against Arsenal. He is also 3 goals from 2 so makes himself even more important in their quest for top 4.

I think Mane might be rested at the weekend. He has not looked good.

From a Liverpool fan POV, I hope Mane is dropped. He's been very poor for a long time now, bordering on terrible a lot. Firmino should start again at the weekend after being rested last night. Salah always plays. I think it could be Jota Firmino Salah, but I also hope that is what it is tbh.

While not winning either of the 2 games when those 3 players have started together as a front 3 - Salah got 2G + 1A. Jota got 1A & Firmino got 1A.

As you mentioned, the top 4 quest has taken a new importance for Liverpool given last night's result.

Don't forget the Spurs double (32) and City blank (33) are coming up when planning your transfers

I think for most this is the real issue - while i'm not sold on Son this GW, selling him to bring him back for DGW, is a waste of a transfer imo.

Selling Gundogan for another City player seems like a sideways move and equally as risky as keeping him.

Jota for the following week v Leeds is probably a decent shout, but i don't think he start this weekend against Villa, or at best it's 50/50 to start.

Chris Wood is the only player i can see with form that has a game that he could score in, doesn't have rotation risk, and Burnley still have something to play for.

Do we know why the outstanding games will be played - I've been holding onto Watkins for an age now because of his DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Raphina > KDB.

I'm not seeing KDB being mentioned much here - any reason I shouldnt go for him?

Also, why are people selling Gundogan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Raphina > KDB.

I'm not seeing KDB being mentioned much here - any reason I shouldnt go for him?

Also, why are people selling Gundogan?

City's focus is elsewhere now, the league is won, all priorities now rest with the ECL so when you add into that the fact that you already have the 'Pep Roulette' in normal times then it makes it a very risky selection - KDB more so considering his price.

City also have a blank coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Surely Sterling will play against Leeds? I'm tempted to bring him in for a 1 week punt as captain.

Advertisement