Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Offspring Supported by The Hives 3Arena Sunday 21st Nov 2021

• 06-04-2021 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭

167816584_10159394463014548_1540592908079946719_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=AkLgZbaAmDgAX_lQIIR&_nc_oc=AQkfp0BwvS1FtEmlsv9nHNrOIIVrZARDBi-acUhemuV1dIjwMDt2od5koSyoJP0SeV0&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=35d8d769039ead5c359534b7a9faf8a1&oe=6091A697

𝗡𝗘𝗪𝗦 💥 One of the best-selling punk rock bands of all time, The Offspring have confirmed a Dublin show at 3Arena on 21st November 2021 as part of their ‘Let The Bad Times Roll’ 2021 tour.
    Special guests: The Hives
    Tickets on sale this Friday 9th April 10:00am

3 presale starts on Weds 7th April

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,418 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

*checks watch

Oh it's 2001

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I used to be a big fan back in the 90's until I saw them live........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

At 58 + fees for a standing ticket, I'll suspect there'll be a lot of empty space. A complete rip off. As great as they were up to Americana, The Offspring are one of the worst live bands around. Autotune has a lot to answer for in the studio.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

At 58 + fees for a standing ticket, I'll suspect there'll be a lot of empty space. A complete rip off. As great as they were up to Americana, The Offspring are one of the worst live bands around. Autotune has a lot to answer for in the studio.

I dont see how €60 for two bands is cheap? Ive seen videos of the Offspring live and yea they cant really sing live but it seems to be a bit of fun. Plus the Hives as support is a bonus, It wont sell out but id say it will still pull a decent crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭rainagain

Edit - found link via threeplus website so all sorted

Anyone got working link for the 3 presale? Link in the text msg with my presale code doesn't work, and using link in 3plus app brings me to andre rieu on Ticketmaster....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I dont see how €60 for two bands is cheap? Ive seen videos of the Offspring live and yea they cant really sing live but it seems to be a bit of fun. Plus the Hives as support is a bonus, It wont sell out but id say it will still pull a decent crowd.

It isn't. 60 for those two bands is a complete rip off. While both are fun on CD, neither are great live. The "hello, we're the Haves" gets old fast and I cannot stress enough how awful the offspring are. They cannot hold a tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭PCros

I've never seen them live but from what I've seen on YouTube etc. they are fairly solid but Dexter does struggle slightly in the vocal department. Surely he's gotten better over the years?

I remember Deftones used to be woeful live back in the early late 90s/early 00s but they got it together somewhat over the years.

In terms of the price its not the worst, as far as I remember Slipknot last year was around €15 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

PLQAYZ2H

But would you be bothered!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Was delighted to see this announced and got 3 presale tickets today for me and 2 mates.

17 years since they were here last, and that is when I last saw them, back when the Point was still practically a cow shed. Never went over to european festivals where they often played so great to finally see them grace Irish soil again. Was huge into them at that stage. Still love their first 6 albums and play them regularly. Smash is a quality album still today.

But nostalgia is what this is all about. Hoping for a set list to appeal to the 30year+ crowd that will be there. To me it was one of those 'price doesnt matter' buys, its getting to see them again more than anything in Ireland when the trip home is jumping on the luas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

PCros wrote: »
    They are fairly solid but Dexter does struggle slightly in the vocal department. Surely he's gotten better over the years?

Surely it's worse he'd be getting, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭PCros

Effects wrote: »
    Surely it's worse he'd be getting, no?

In most cases practice usually makes you better.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

I was just happy to see an offer of a presale ticket on my phone from three..like back in the Good Ol days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Within certain limits. I won't end up as good as Tiger Woods if I keep practicing.
    People have genetic limits with their voices, and I think we all know the limit of Dexters voice talents. I'm sure he could get training, but if he hasn't bothered up to this point, doubtful he will.

I'm just surprised they can manage to play somewhere like the Three Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭dam099

It probably varies from singer to singer. A lot of rock singers aren't properly trained and some strain their vocal cords over the years.

Not necessarily worse per se but some will also lose some of their range particularly around the high end.

Of course years of practice and experience may offset that but there are many factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Tickets in the bag... Excited for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ian Browne of the stone roses is one of the worst live singers ever but the atmosphere glosses over it

This could be a fun nostalgic night, going to wait til closer to get a ticket

I'm really enjoying the new single, its fairly catchy.

I'm really enjoying the new single, its fairly catchy.

Yeah it is very catchy, you'd swear it's one of their older songs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Think I'm going to give this gig a go.

Was a big fan when I was a kid, seen them at Rock Werchter in Belgium a few years back and they were average, but hopefully in an arena it'll be better.

Just great to finally be back to the stage where we are booking concerts!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I've never seen them live but from what I've seen on YouTube etc. they are fairly solid but Dexter does struggle slightly in the vocal department. Surely he's gotten better over the years?

I remember Deftones used to be woeful live back in the early late 90s/early 00s but they got it together somewhat over the years.

In terms of the price its not the worst, as far as I remember Slipknot last year was around €15 more.

Slipknot would add 15 euro or more in value to offspring

• Advertisement

2 standing tickets purchased with ease.

Tickets sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Can’t believe (well I can) that ticket master have upped their fee and are no longer posting tickets...

Bite the bullet and got a ticket, Block F row 28

If it gets rescheduled its gets rescheduled but nice to have the ticket paid for. Would be over the moon it this takes place in November

Paid using a revolut card so should get some money back

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’m thinking of going just to get a gig in :)

Exactly, I'd be fairly confident that this should go ahead.

Vaccinations should be done by a few months at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

PTH2009 wrote: »

Paid using a revolut card so should get some money back

What are you gonna spend your €0.10 on ?

spindex wrote: »
    What are you gonna spend your €0.10 on ?

Jesus how will I spend all that money ?? Put it in a poor box maybe

Revolut the original pranksters with that offer ha

1huge1 wrote: »
    Exactly, I'd be fairly confident that this should go ahead.

Vaccinations should be done by a few months at that stage.

Exactly thats what im thinking, like id say by the end of the summer whoever wants to get vaccinated will be fully done(im just giving extra time due to supply issues etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭omega man

With Sepultura playing a few days later it’s like a trip down memory lane. I’ll never take gigs for granted again!

Advertisement