Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Invincible - Amazon - Superhero Animated Series

• 20-02-2021 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Based on the comic by Robert Kirkman (Creator of The Walking Dead).

Releases on March 26th on Prime Video.

Cast includes: Steven Yeun, Sandra Oh, J.K. Simmons, Mark Hamill, Seth Rogen, Gillian Jacobs, Zazie Beetz, Walton Goggins, Jason Mantzoukas, Zachary Quinto

Teaser Trailer

Official Trailer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

What is it about J.K. Simmons? Like a few years back I'd have known about and been aware of him but now like.. it's almost feels like he's a sign that Quality Work has been put into a show or film.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

he was fantastic in Counterpart playing the dual character

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Steven Yeun is now an Oscar nominated Actor.

Really looking forward to this.

I re-read the comic over the last few weeks and it still excellent.

Three Episodes Released today.

Really enjoyed the first episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They're all ~45 mins. Will watch this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

shawki wrote: »
    Three Episodes Released today.

Really enjoyed the first episode.

that ending, woah!
    very The Boys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

What a great show, great surprise as I wasn't aware of it at all. Cant wait for next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Three excellent episodes! Cannot wait for the next one.

It’s produced by Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogan who also produced The Boys.

The comic actually started in 2003 and The Boys came out in 2006 but they have a similar feel at times.

• Advertisement

1: :eek:

2: Jeez!
    Freakin Omni-man, what the hell?!!?
    It's maybe starting to look like
    he killed the Guardians to make room for his son to get a hero job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Slydice wrote: »
    2: Jeez!
    Freakin Omni-man, what the hell?!!?
    It's maybe starting to look like
    he killed the Guardians to make room for his son to get a hero job.

I don't think his race are as benevolent as he's letting on. The way he told the Flaxxan
    this isn't your world to conquer

3: hrmmmm.. I'm not sure
    if the show isn't playing the audience a bit here now that they've added Robot to the scheme. Could actually be that Omni-man and Robot are being remote controlled. Could be the simpler more obvious one that they are in it together though as well.

Really enjoyed those 3 episodes.
    Only read the first trade a while back so trying to decide whether to read it all or just watch the series.

Funny how they didn't have to do much work on Zachary Quinto's voice to make him sound like a robot.

How is it not obvious that Mark's dad is OmniMan? It's not like he wears glasses or a mask. Or are they just going by what Eve said about not expecting it so don't notice?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How is it not obvious that Mark's dad is OmniMan? It's not like he wears glasses or a mask. Or are they just going by what Eve said about not expecting it so don't notice?

I was wondering this but Mark seemed surprised that no one had recognised her which is weird, like if it really is a psychological thing then surely he would know that from his own dad. Also surely the neighbours have noticed the two blokes flying above the house or have been woken by Mark's "landings".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Really enjoying this so far, had never heard of the story before.

The casting is incredible, one of the things I like about prime is the info bar with actors, trivia music across the side, it's amazing some of the names they have gotten. The music as well is very good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah so it's going to do The Boys playbook; watched season 1 and while there was a bit of jam, I was like ok. Nothing too awful then the finale kicked in. Periodic hyper violence to keep the shock factor high.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ah so it's going to do The Boys playbook; watched season 1 and while there was a bit of jam, I was like ok. Nothing too awful then the finale kicked in. Periodic hyper violence to keep the shock factor high.

Invincible comic came out before The Boys

shawki wrote: »
    Invincible comic came out before The Boys
    Exactly, it was out 3 or 4 years before it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah lordy. Not saying one is explicitly copying the other as such, more they are going a similar way. And strange to be coming from the same service. Intermittent, but extreme gore as punctuation to a scene or point.

4: Well that Mars mission was really well animated! ..
    and the outcome has got to be coming back to bite them in the future. Kinda does look like Robot is being controlled... Not even sure Omni Man wasn't actually in the dark when fighting the guardians. I almost thought Darkblood was gonna be revealing something about it. Then the clones story and this new Pharoh story too
    .. a lot more to cover in this show I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

Haven’t read the comics so this is just my opinion, but there has to be a big father/son showdown further on. Omniman is a psychopath right?

Side note:Ha The Immortal could not back up his name :pac:

Slydice wrote: »
    4: Well that Mars mission was really well animated! ..
    and the outcome has got to be coming back to bite them in the future. Kinda does look like Robot is being controlled... Not even sure Omni Man wasn't actually in the dark when fighting the guardians. I almost thought Darkblood was gonna be revealing something about it. Then the clones story and this new Pharoh story too
    .. a lot more to cover in this show I think.

I don't think he's being controlled, I think whoever that weird baby thing created the robot to act as a surrogate body. Something he said to Monster Girl - "I'm more than I appear" or something like that. Can anyone explain the final scene, was that a recorder in the wardrobe? Also I thought I heard Darkblood sigh, are we supposed to assume he's still around somehow?

It looked like a cassette of sorts rather than a recording device.

As for the pharaoh at the beginning, that seems like a gag like the demon at the end of the Fear Itself episode of Buffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Really enjoying this series. I'm not familiar with the comics, so it's all new to me. The ending to the first episode left me stunned.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Another cracking episode this week!
    This show just keeps getting better.

And the title card keeps getting bloodier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

I read the comics back in the day and knew there was show in the works but didn't realise it was out yet. Must check it out this weekend. I know Rogan is working on a movie too.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And the title card keeps getting bloodier
    The whole thing is seriously bloody!
    I kinda love how I don't think anyone is safe in it, I get the feeling they will happily kill off anyone

Advertisement