Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Crohn's Disease

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi guys, Hope ye are all doing ok. I got a text this morning saying that CUH had put my name forward for the Astra Vaccine.
    Booked in for Weds morning. I.m on 2 imuno suppressors. Humira and PuriNethol.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi guys, Hope ye are all doing ok. I got a text this morning saying that CUH had put my name forward for the Astra Vaccine.
    Booked in for Weds morning. I.m on 2 imuno suppressors. Humira and PuriNethol.

Good to hear it.
    I'm on two immune suppressants here- Stelara and Imuran (Azathioprine) and haven't heard anything at all.
    My little wifey is a type 1 diabetic- and got her initial AZ injection today.
    It'll be good to get out of the house again.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭essgee268

Im on Humira and Imuran goy AZ 2 weeks ago all fine took Paracetemol before and after woke during first night and took a Paracetomol and went back to sleep. Slight Flu like symptoms afternoon of next day but fine since

Thanks for that. Seems to hit people differently.

Ya I got hit a bit heavier than the above. So got chills and a migraine. But was all good after 48 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Great to see a few people getting called. I haven’t heard anything yet but it gives me hope!

I just saw a notice on local FB Covid page that local GP is doing immuno compromised people in month of April. So it's looking good for us all .

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I attend Connolly Hospital, I got a text on Thursday just gone asking did i still require the vaccine and asking for me to reply.

Got my 2 appointment's today and my first jab is this Thursday.

I just saw a notice on local FB Covid page that local GP is doing immuno compromised people in month of April. So it's looking good for us all .

You're Cork?
    No such luck here- I was onto our local GP today- they still haven't done the 75s-80 group- and are consistently getting far fewer vaccines than they need, they reckon they won't have the over 75s done for another 2-3 weeks.

Its so frustrating- we're not taking biologics and immune suppressants for fun- yet we all seem to be treated differently- it seems to be a lottery depending on where you live and who your consultant is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Its so frustrating- we're not taking biologics and immune suppressants for fun- yet we all seem to be treated differently- it seems to be a lottery depending on where you live and who your consultant is.

Isnt it just.

I'm on a biologic ( HiTech list ) thru a public hospital. Still dont know if Hospital or GP should be doing me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

0lddog wrote: »
    Isnt it just.

I'm on a biologic ( HiTech list ) thru a public hospital. Still dont know if Hospital or GP should be doing me.

I also use public clinic, I'm on Amgevita (Humira biosimilar). I had been in contact with both my GP and the clinic about 3 weeks ago but neither were able to enlighten me on when I could expect the vaccine other than "the HSE are looking after it" and that I should be considered in Group 7.

I received a text message on 26th Mar stating my appointment for AZ vaccine was on 30th at the local vaccination centre. I had no side effects but probably should have taken a paracetamol beforehand, just in case. I will for the 2nd dose.

It's a waiting game unfortunately and no doubt based on the efficiency of the vaccine roll-out in your particular region.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is anyone attending a private hospital?

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is anyone attending a private hospital?

Yes. No idea what is happening. GP says the HSE will look after it. HSE don't want to know if you're not attending an acute hospital. Private GI Consultant will only assess on the basis of GI- and not other conditions (so haematology issues, sarcoidosis and other issues- get ignored in the assessment).

Its annoying as hell.

The only news I got from the HSE was 'well, you'll be included in the Group 7 immunocompromised patient list from the 3rd May anyway- but you'll probably have your first dose before then, as you'll be on the list sent over from the private hospital'......... Nope. No idea how I'll be in Group 7 either- if the private hospital aren't sending patients over..........

Apparently some GP surgeries are doing both Group 4 and Group 7s- but there isn't a list anywhere- and you can't get on the list anyway- as the HSE admin run it, not the GPs- who just send you back to your consultant...... again...... in a maddening loop.

To say this is frustrating is the understatement of the decade.

What hospital are you in?

My gp had a pre-registration page on their website for the vaccine where you pick your category but I’ve no idea what their process is for verification after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Got My vaccine today. I'm on entyvio infusions. If you have an IBD nurse in your hospital contact them and them maybe able to help get you info on when you will get your vaccine.

My gp had a pre-registration page on their website for the vaccine where you pick your category but I’ve no idea what their process is for verification after that.

Wish all the GPs were as organised as yours- I suppose the bigger issue with Group 4 and 7- is that the GPs are out of the loop, its up to the consultants and the clinics- and they just seem to be completely arbitrary in how they are approaching these things.

Worse case scenario- I imagine most of us who haven't be caught in Group 4 will be mopped up in Group 7 in Week 1-2 of May- aka 4 weeks time. After 16 months- we're almost there.

The bigger issue for a lot of people seems to be that they are lengthening the gap between injection 1 and injection 2 to between 12 and 16 weeks- to try and fit as many people in as possible. It sounds like they are doing this to be seen to be doing something to as many people as possible- rather than on scientific grounds- aka giving as many people as possible something- even if its not ideally what they need.........? Its similar to what they're doing in the UK- 68% of people have received a jab but only 11% of people have gotten the second jab.........

Wish all the GPs were as organised as yours- I suppose the bigger issue with Group 4 and 7- is that the GPs are out of the loop, its up to the consultants and the clinics- and they just seem to be completely arbitrary in how they are approaching these things.

Worse case scenario- I imagine most of us who haven't be caught in Group 4 will be mopped up in Group 7 in Week 1-2 of May- aka 4 weeks time. After 16 months- we're almost there.

The bigger issue for a lot of people seems to be that they are lengthening the gap between injection 1 and injection 2 to between 12 and 16 weeks- to try and fit as many people in as possible. It sounds like they are doing this to be seen to be doing something to as many people as possible- rather than on scientific grounds- aka giving as many people as possible something- even if its not ideally what they need.........? Its similar to what they're doing in the UK- 68% of people have received a jab but only 11% of people have gotten the second jab.........

The spreading out of dose 2 to 16 weeks worries me in general tbh. It's setting up a scenario where efficacy could be negatively hit.

Also I feel pretty lucky to have gotten into group 4 as I don't exactly match with the criteria but assume my doc has taken into account my history which puts me at higher risk. But the random nature of getting into group 4 or 7 seems so disorganized.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I do not much about how these groups are organized but I got text message last week with appointment but since it was astra zeneca vaccine I declined.
    I am not comfortable at the moment to give it a go I guess I will wait few more months and see how it all goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I got the astra zeneca Tuesday in kilkenny. Felt sick yesterday and a sore arm today hopefully that's all I get. After weighting up the pros Pros and cons I'm delighted I got it now.

• Advertisement

Got the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Not feeling great if I’m being honest.

Only that work is fairly hectic at the moment I’d be taking a sick day today

Gael23 wrote: »
    Got the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Not feeling great if I’m being honest.

Only that work is fairly hectic at the moment I’d be taking a sick day today

Nada here, thus far.
    Not going to call them- will wait and see what happens.
    Was told I have a collapsed lung during the week and am on antibiotics for pneumonia- I need to get this vaccination sorted, I don't need Covid ontop of everything else.

Nada here, thus far.
    Not going to call them- will wait and see what happens.
    Was told I have a collapsed lung during the week and am on antibiotics for pneumonia- I need to get this vaccination sorted, I don't need Covid ontop of everything else.

I actually got it from my GP rather than through my Gastro but you won’t be getting it when on antibiotics

Nothing here either sadly but the HSE website says group 7 should be getting vaccinated currently.

Edit: phoned them there and they said they expect to have vaccines mid-May. I don’t know if that means they are only starting at that point or if that is specific to our group.

I got a call from the GP today. First injection on Saturday!

You.l prob be getting the Pfizer so. Hope it goes well. I was told take an antihistamine and paracetamol an hour before getting my jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just some info which may be of interest to some- A family member who attends TUH received a text for a vaccine appointment today for Citywest, Pfizer vaccine. Text stated they had been referred by their consultant.
    Hope anyone still waiting hears soon.

jellybear wrote: »
    Just some info which may be of interest to some- A family member who attends TUH received a text for a vaccine appointment today for Citywest, Pfizer vaccine. Text stated they had been referred by their consultant.
    Hope anyone still waiting hears soon.

I got the same text today but have already got my first dose via my GP

I got a phone call from Vincent’s yesterday from someone doing up lists asking do I still need a vaccine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

I got the same text today but have already got my first dose via my GP

Family member was the same so declined it. At least it'll free up 2 more vaccines :D

Advertisement