Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hopefully it'll be fixed soon as..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,996 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

How do people get cars in/out through the gate after "curfew"?
    :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Was wondering what Grandeeod was doing displaying such a knicker collection :):)

Nespresso time, clear skies outside that won’t last, nice 12 hour work day for me :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Four hours left of my twelve, fog warning in place but probably won't see it until later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Morning all from a cool 2 degrees in East Clare, light frost on the car, about to go on a long hill run, why did I agree to go ?? oh why ?? Should be turning over in the scratcher.. At least the run kept me off the drink last night !!
    Gonna have a good thirst later on though !!

You setting out soon?. Think you might be in for a savage sunrise, be worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Good morning. The Easter Bunny has been and gone.:D

20210404-093438.jpg

I'm so surprised, I got white chocolate bunnies! I'm delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Sunny Easter Sunday , or Chocolate Day if ye'd like to call it that , indulge :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Happy Easter, Wherers! :)

11417_veh9ks87jyo2bg4p.jpeg

bunny100.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Easter :)

Enjoy your day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Night owl gal

How do people get cars in/out through the gate after "curfew"?
    :(

I'll ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Bedside, wide awake

Pearl jam put on a good show last night (on the live steam), it was an old concert that was streamed, but still good to watch:)

I may be at my folk's house for a few days longer than usual, the front door of the apartment building is broken at the moment so my key fobs no longer work. We have to go out by a side door and then out by a big gate, the gate is locked by caretakers at 8 pm so we have to be in by then, or else we're locked out for the night. The caretakers are trying to find someone who can fix it so hopefully, they can

What happens if there's a medical emergency and someone needs an ambulance?

I wouldn't be tolerating that in any shape or form!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Sitting on the sunroom sofa relaxing. Trying to decide if I should nip out for a drive or just read something out in the sun. Mind I went out day before yesterday and it didn't go well. Had a sort of craving for a Fry's Peppermint Cream bar and I was bored so off I went for a 5 minute drive with the aim of getting my choccy bar and a spin to kill the boredom in the process.
    Tooting along aimlessly and tipped by a Speed Van which I saw waaay too late. If anything I think I sped up the closer I got to him. Not sure if I was over by much so we'll wait and see. Then I parked up and got my choccy bar and nipped in to a couple of shops and returned having completely forgot to pay for the parking. Maybe Good Friday counted as a Sunday for parking rules? Coz if not then between the speed van and the Parking fine that chocolate bar might just have cost me 160 euro.
    Which doesn't represent particularly good value. Mind it was damn tasty! :)

Ouch, €160 for a chocolate bar.

Having a strange day, but tonight I will sleep in the same city as the missus and sneak out to have a beer or two with her. Not sure if we are gonna invite the mutt as I will only be there for a short period.

What happens if there's a medical emergency and someone needs an ambulance?

I wouldn't be tolerating that in any shape or form!

I was thinking about this last night! If during the day time it would be ok as the gate can be opened. If after curefew hours someone would have to contact the caretaker so that gate could be opened. Would be unsafe if someone fell sick and they couldn't move to let someone in or if they couldn't call for help/didn't have a phone with them

Would be the same if we had a fire drill or if we had a real fire. Would possibly have to go through another fire exit/break a window if fire was out near the gate

Glad it's only for a few days until the front door is fixed!

Ive had to use my keys (proper keys) for the 3rd time in 10 years :)

I was thinking about this last night! If during the day time it would be ok as the gate can be opened. If after curefew hours someone would have to contact the caretaker so that gate could be opened. Would be unsafe if someone fell sick and they couldn't move to let someone in or if they couldn't call for help/didn't have a phone with them

Would be the same if we had a fire drill or if we had a real fire. Would possibly have to go through another fire exit/break a window if fire was out near the gate

Glad it's only for a few days until the front door is fixed!

Ive had to use my keys (proper keys) for the 3rd time in 10 years :)
    But I assume there's cars parked in behind those gates?
    They must have a key/fob to get in and out too?
    That's ridiculous. Especially for medical and fire emergency.

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Sitting on the sunroom sofa relaxing. Trying to decide if I should nip out for a drive or just read something out in the sun. Mind I went out day before yesterday and it didn't go well. Had a sort of craving for a Fry's Peppermint Cream bar and I was bored so off I went for a 5 minute drive with the aim of getting my choccy bar and a spin to kill the boredom in the process.
    Tooting along aimlessly and tipped by a Speed Van which I saw waaay too late. If anything I think I sped up the closer I got to him. Not sure if I was over by much so we'll wait and see. Then I parked up and got my choccy bar and nipped in to a couple of shops and returned having completely forgot to pay for the parking. Maybe Good Friday counted as a Sunday for parking rules? Coz if not then between the speed van and the Parking fine that chocolate bar might just have cost me 160 euro.
    Which doesn't represent particularly good value. Mind it was damn tasty! :)

Can't take this post seriously now after seeing it was a bar of Frys
    Aren't they just for senior citizens in the nursing home? My granny used to devour them. :p

• Advertisement

But I assume there's cars parked in behind those gates?
    They must have a key/fob to get in and out too?
    That's ridiculous. Especially for medical and fire emergency.

Yeah there's a small car park behind the gate, only one person has a car which is the caretaker, that I know of. Have asked caretaker about getting cars in and out after 8pm, they said they'd get back to me

Yeah each tenat has a key fob and a proper key to use as well

Can't take this post seriously now after seeing it was a bar of Frys
    Aren't they just for senior citizens in the nursing home? My granny used to devour them. :p

They're delicious and only 1.50 for 3 in Dealz, I had to stop buying them so often because I couldn't stop eating them, I'm also thinking of suing Tesco as I can't stop buying the 5 for 5e deals and the McDonnell's crisp deals, I might as well sue Dunnes also because my wine is down to 7e atm, people sue for less and I'm having no luck with the lotto lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

....Aren't they just for senior citizens in the nursing home? My granny used to devour them. :p

Pfffft...

Just for PM

biggrin.png

Can anyone find the 'Seven Pieces of Heaven' ad ?

A couple more :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-p8mIE1gfg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4F_ZKkzEx8

Squeezing in motogp before work, painkillers should kick in just in time for main race

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

They're delicious and only 1.50 for 3 in Dealz, I had to stop buying them so often because I couldn't stop eating them, I'm also thinking of suing Tesco as I can't stop buying the 5 for 5e deals and the McDonnell's crisp deals, I might as well sue Dunnes also because my wine is down to 7e atm, people sue for less and I'm having no luck with the lotto lol.

Post of the Day Duvet! I'm also a Frys fan. :D

I'm having a few beers and staring at the tin of creme eggs, but resisting more for now. :eek: We went for a ramble in the local woods earlier and it was very quiet. Came home to a nice Turkey and Ham dinner. The old fashioned Easter grub. :)

Not even started on the chocolate and I've a sore tum, weird. I shall persist all the same..

Not even started on the chocolate and I've a sore tum, weird. I shall persist all the same..

Get it in to ya Grem!! :D

I ate all my egg. Had to give the other 2 away to the childer in laws because shops ran out. Sake.

#greedyfrosty

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just back from a lovely long walk and I just can’t get enough of the beautiful views all around me :)

Hope you all got to enjoy Easter eggs today :)

Working nights advantage haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Tis a fine day to be wearing shorts :)

Advertisement