Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Superstore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Enjoying this one also, loved Better Off Ted and this definitely reminds me in ways of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭ Katherine Thundering Wristband

It's kind of like a US Trollied. I'm enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really enjoy this one nice and light fun, second series has been stronger IMO.
    Definitely very similar to trollied on sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really love this show each week is a lot of fun

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd forgotten all about this, having seen the first two seasons. Was light as a feather and totally inconsequential, but lots of fun because of it in some ways. Must have a gander at season 3 at some point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'd forgotten all about this, having seen the first two seasons. Was light as a feather and totally inconsequential, but lots of fun because of it in some ways. Must have a gander at season 3 at some point smile.png

There is a large break in season 4 episodes as America Ferrera was off filming a movie but the season is back this week.

Linda Porter (Myrtle) has died - RIP

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

They're going to have to parachute someone into it to take over the manager role, there's nobody strong enough (inc Glenn) in the existing cast to take it over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

its very strange. not sure why she is leaving
    the show is in decline , season 4 and 5 are a shaddow of the first 3. . very little of what made the show so great.
    season 6 is confermed but without serious redirection it will be the last. a lot of fans online didnt think it would get season 6.

glenn is the only one currently there that could take over. i hope he does. the show might go back to roots a bit

its hard to see a way out for amy without going to corperate. unless she gets fired or sick etc.
    i cant see it lasting without amy . herself and jonah are the center of all the story lines. everythng revolves around them. without amy jonah would have no storylines at all. he barely has any now

That was a given.

It could concievably have had another two or three seasons because it's incredibly inexpensive to make given the product placement.

They really should have shifted focus to Garrett & Dina. They were perfectly set up to have another will they won't they after the birds incident. If they'd started to focus more on them, they would possibly have had more interesting storylines & longevity.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

A shame its ending, but 6 seasons is a good run, and hopefully it'll go out on a high.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Superstore spin off Bo & Cheyenne in development at NBC

https://tvline.com/2020/12/17/superstore-spinoff-bo-and-cheyenne-nbc/

Meh. Both fine as part of the large ensemble and especially with Bo used sparingly, but can't see them holding down a show of their own.

A spin-off with Garrett and Dina on the other hand, I could definitely get behind.

Meh. Both fine as part of the large ensemble and especially with Bo used sparingly, but can't see them holding down a show of their own.

A spin-off with Garrett and Dina on the other hand, I could definitely get behind.

bo and cheyenne are great for a few minutes makeing a few funny comments on the goings on at a shop. i dont think i could stick 25min of them as main charicters let alone a whole series.

i dont see what the story line would be. the romance, wedding and child angle is already done so whats left . neither are high achievers and will probably stay in a similar job

garrett and dina would be great. loads of interesting angles andd story line posabilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,297 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

a spinoff would have to be as good as My name is Earl or Raising Hope for that dumb as a box of Crayons Southern American humour

Agree. This would have great potential, Bo & Cheyenne (unless they're doing a "raising Arizona") type thing is useless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Have been watching this for a few weeks, struggled with season 1 tbh but persevered and pretty much binged season 2 in the last three days. Might take a break now to make it last longer. I hate Bo, I'm sure he'll become a regular at some stage because I heard they considered doing a Bo and Cheyenne spinoff but god he's so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭adaminho

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Have been watching this for a few weeks, struggled with season 1 tbh but persevered and pretty much binged season 2 in the last three days. Might take a break now to make it last longer. I hate Bo, I'm sure he'll become a regular at some stage because I heard they considered doing a Bo and Cheyenne spinoff but god he's so annoying.

They cancelled it. In fairness he's not in it that much and I find him grand in small doses!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

adaminho wrote: »
    They cancelled it. In fairness he's not in it that much and I find him grand in small doses!

Oh no, I thought it ended on it's own accord. Doors it end on a cliffhanger?

Wait are you talking about Superstore or the proposed spinoff?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Oh no, I thought it ended on it's own accord. Doors it end on a cliffhanger?

Wait are you talking about Superstore or the proposed spinoff?

Superstore doesn’t end on a cliff hanger

The spin off isn’t happening

Bo isn’t a regular (and is fine in small doses)

Enjoy the show

Dodge wrote: »
    Superstore doesn’t end on a cliff hanger

The spin off isn’t happening

Bo isn’t a regular (and is fine in small doses)

Enjoy the show

Superstore ended last week in the US. Was a reasonable ending. Tied up loose threads etc. Left an ideal opportunity for a spin off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Nearing the end of season 2; very enjoyable so far. Surprisingly funny, given the generic and innocuous-sounding setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Finished everything on Netflix - great casual watching and surprisingly funny for a yank comedy, the absence of a laugh track helps immensely I’d imagine.

• Advertisement

i think the finale was one of th best of any show i have seen.
    it tied up lots of loose ends,
    managed a miracle , by changing a hated person into a lovable one again
    left room for 2 spin offs.

they could have ruined the finale but they did it perfctly. the diference in writers etc was very plain to see. they brought back the originals.
    there were some nice references to the first ep.
    jerushas brother was a shock

Advertisement