Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game week 30 transfer thread

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Who would you pick out of these 3 - Cancelo, Grealish or Odegaard?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Unsure which 3 to start from Dias, Cresswell, Rudiger, Struijk. Think I'll have to bench Struijk.

Struijk probably won't start I reckon. Cooper and Llorente both fit and Koch back as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

CSWS101 wrote: »

Grealish if he's ready to start. Cancelo who knows if he even plays? Odegaard is unpredictable and I haven't seen enough of him to make judgement.

Sold Dunk brought in Azpilicueta Stones on the bench. Now to decide if I play Bale or Gundogan! There's a chance both might not even play ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

CSWS101 wrote: »

Think I’d go Grealish of those 3. The other two played a fair few mins over the international break I think and Villa decent home fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dead ended into last week with the intention of wildcarding but fixtures are pretty good. If I still had BB I might have used it.

So deferring it to the following week I'll get either Alonso or Azpi in. Early team news would be great for this decision it being the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭eggy81

I brought auba in for the bgw. Team is this.
    Martinez
    Dias Dallas Azpi Cresswell
    Bruno Auba Mount Lingard
    Kane(c) Bamford

Forster Watkins Trossard Aina

I’m thinking of moving auba on for jota and using the spare cash to get in shaw next week but I’ve a sneaky suspicion Auba could hit form against the Liverpool defence. Is that misguided. Sheffield united and Fulham up after Liverpool for Arsenal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Just did Gundo to Jota. My attempt at being ahead of the curve of Gundo not playing and returns dropping off in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭R11

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Just did Gundo to Jota. My attempt at being ahead of the curve of Gundo not playing and returns dropping off in the league.

Is Gundo out? I have him, Cancelo and Dias all starting but I don't think Pep will play all 3,probably need to drop 1 of them, maybe 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

R11 wrote: »
    Is Gundo out? I have him, Cancelo and Dias all starting but I don't think Pep will play all 3,probably need to drop 1 of them, maybe 2?

No but played 2 internationals and CL midweek

• Advertisement

Is Alonso worth a minus 4 for Dias /Targett if we get early news?

He's just so much fun, a definite for the WC

Didn't plan on doing it but brought Son in for Bale just now for -4 gonna bench Gundogan.

Better pay off!

Didn't plan on doing it but brought Son in for Bale just now for -4 gonna bench Gundogan.

Better pay off!

Did very similar, he better not play!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I have a free transfer but looking at my team for this week, I dont see anywhere I can make one.

Martinez (FUL) [areola]
    Dallas (SHU) Cresswell (wol) Wan-Bissaka (BHA) [ dias, aina ]
    Auba (LIV) Bruno (BHA) Lingard (wol) Bale (new) [ traore ]
    Bamford (SHU) Kane (new) DCL (CRY)

Auba out maybe ? Or Bale ?

Despite the bale announcement during the week, I feel like Spurs could continue to play him even if he moves on just to get the value out of having him.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Playing my WC. Currently have this set up, and I think I'm more or less done:

Pope (Forster)
    Rüdiger Digne Shaw (Saïss, Chambers)
    Neto Salah Son Havertz (Saka)
    Kane Adams Calvert-Lewin

Setting up the team with playing Bench Boost in mind for next week, so trying to focus on teams with decent fixtures (on paper, at least) for the next couple of GWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Playing my WC. Currently have this set up, and I think I'm more or less done:

Pope (McCarthy)
    Rüdiger Digne Shaw (Saïss, Lowton)
    Neto Salah Son Havertz (Saka)
    Kane Adams Calvert-Lewin

Setting up the team with playing Bench Boost in mind for next week, so trying to focus on teams with decent fixtures (on paper, at least) for the next couple of GWs.

McCarthy seems like he’s second choice at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

CSF wrote: »
    McCarthy seems like he’s second choice at the moment

Yeah he's not nailed on. The bit of research I did told me he was in line to start but nothing concrete I suppose. Might change him to se sure of a second playing 'keeper for BB though.

Edit: McCarthy out for Forster. Bit more research told me that he's looking like the more solid option. Saves me 0.5M as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

1 transfer so far, Son in for Bale. Leaves me with:
    Martinez
    Dias Dallas Digne
    Son Bruno Raphinha Lingard
    DCL Bamford Kane

Subs: Areola Konsa Gundo Dunk

Not sure if I should put in someone like Azpi for Dunk for a -4 and bench boost. Or bench boost for that matter with Dunk. Not sure about City rotation either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Lingard to Havertz done for a 1 week punt

Is Alonso worth a minus 4 for Dias /Targett if we get early news?

He's just so much fun, a definite for the WC

Went for it on deadline, no idea if it went through, bit of fun
    Sort of hope it hasnt...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

No Leeds cover this week is scaring me. Can do Pereira to Raphinha or Watkins to Bamford but think the first option might be the best. Or i could just ignore that game altogether and bank :o
    patmac wrote: »
    1st option definitely, Chelsea have only conceded 2 goals in 14 matches.

Follow me for more stunning insights.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

patmac wrote: »
    1st option definitely, Chelsea have only conceded 2 goals in 14 matches.

Now they’ve conceded two goals in the space of two minutes to none other than Pereira.

You couldn’t make it up!

Advertisement