Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taoiseach attends event during Level Three restrictions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Do as I say, not as I do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

hee hee, im bad as michael martin.

dun dun dun.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

skimpydoo wrote: »
    It looks like Michael Martin could be in trouble.

https://twitter.com/wereontheditch/status/1378069714325356544?s=20
    I get all my news from...trusted news sources like...ontheditch.com....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

It's like a primary school with the squealing that goes on in n both the main media and the gutter media.

Most intelligent people have tuned out at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Who are "The Ditch"?
    Is their journalism accredited?

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    Who are "The Ditch"?

What does that mean? You mean filtered and sanitised?

Who are "The Ditch"?
    Considering it looks like it was setup a few days ago...and up until recently had 9 followers, I would really doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Who are "The Ditch"?

Don't know, but I remember similar questions being asked of the village magazine when they broke the story of the leaky one..

No idea of the veracity of this, will keep an eye on how this develops though.

Edit, I see Chay Bowes appears to involved in the breaking of this story.

https://twitter.com/BowesChay/status/1378089911291674625?s=19

Seems like Leo's scalp isn't enough for Bowes. This'll be interesting will check back in at 9am when the story "goes live".

McMurphy wrote: »
    Don't know, but I remember similar questions being asked of the village magazine when they broke the story of the leaky one..

No idea of the veracity of this, will keep an eye for how this develops though.
    Bit of a difference.
    That website domain was only bought at end of last month.

The village magazine is a physical magazine and has been around since the mid 2000s, Vincent Browne was even it's editor for a while.

Let's see the evidence I suppose...but if they have verifiable proof why not just release it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

The green box in the logo looks like something you'd use to obscure part of a bad word.

I'm reading it as "The Dick Itch" now, and I can't unsee it.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    Bit of a difference.
    That website domain was only bought at end of last month.

The village magazine is a physical magazine and has been around since the mid 2000s, Vincent Browne was even it's editor for a while.

Let's see the evidence I suppose...but if they have verifiable proof why not just release it?

See above, seems like Chay Bowes has some role in breaking this one too.

Look it, no idea on whether there's any truth to this or not, but you'd have to wonder at Bowes putting his name to a story that could all be possibly BS with the whole Leo affair to even be settled yet.

Less than an hour to find out I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Who are "The Ditch"?

They a finder of tyres.

See above, seems like Chay Bowes has some role in breaking this one too.

Look it, no idea on whether there's any truth to this or not, but you'd have to wonder at Bowes putting his name to a story that could all be possibly BS with the whole Leo affair to even be settled yet.

Less than an hour to find out I suppose.
    Is that a good thing?
    Chay bowes an adamant Sinn fein supporter, who posts homophobic content, bizarre pro-russian and conspiracy nonsense...

If it turns out to be the picture of MM buying an easter egg....lol

We will see at 9 I suppose, hopefully he has real proof as well. I just have serious doubts MM would do something so blatantly stupid atm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I would reckon almost every politician has broken lockdown rules at some stage, by attending a function or a funeral that they should have or visiting their mam etc.

Looking forward to the day journos have to actually create stories again and investigate things.

Not just "omg this person was in a room with 2 people bull****". Media love this covid crap, stops them doing actual work.

Just serves to create division

FF supporters outraged at the SF funeral
    SF supporters outraged at this
    FG supporters outraged at both
    SF supporters outraged at golf gate

All breaches, all treated differently based on one's agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Is this what the web summit eejit has been going on about for the last few days?

I would reckon almost every politician has broken lockdown rules at some stage, by attending a function or a funeral that they should have or visiting their mam etc.

Looking forward to the day journos have to actually create stories again and investigate things.

Not just "omg this person was in a room with 2 people bull****". Media love this covid crap, stops them doing actual work.

Yeah, whereas if it's a group of students it makes national news for two days!

What is the story about a group of students, attending a function, a funeral or visiting their mam that made national news for two days? Throw up a link sure

Totally agree, it's absolute crap, it's like a competition to see who we can scapegoat and be outraged at.

Is that a good thing?
    Chay bowes an adamant Sinn fein supporter, who posts homophobic content, bizarre pro-russian and conspiracy nonsense...

If it turns out to be the picture of MM buying an easter egg....lol

We will see at 9 I suppose. I just have serious doubts MM would do something so blatantly stupid atm

Not sure about any of that stuff, but it's hardly relevant to this story regardless, if Michaél has gotten himself in trouble who is breaking the story has no relevance on the veracity of it.

By that logic you would have to write off every news article by the indo because of their continuous sensationalist headlines about the shinners.

No idea what it'll be about, and Michaél will probably shrug it off anyway, just hope it's not more topless pictures of him in his budgie smugglers at the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

No idea of the veracity of this, will keep an eye on how this develops though.

Edit, I see Chay Bowes appears to involved in the breaking of this story.

https://twitter.com/BowesChay/status/1378089911291674625?s=19

Seems like Leo's scalp isn't enough for Bowes. This'll be interesting will check back in at 9am when the story "goes live".

RTE and Irish Times were offered #LeotheLeak story and turned it down .

• Advertisement

Not sure about any of that stuff, but it's hardly relevant to this story regardless, if Michaél has gotten himself in trouble who is breaking the story has no relevance on the veracity of it.

By that logic you would have to write off every news article by the indo because of their continuous sensationalist headlines about the shinners.

No idea what it'll be about, and Michaél will probably shrug it off anyway, just hope it's not more topless pictures of him in his budgie smugglers at the beach.
    My point is look at his Twitter, he is seriously anti FF/FG etc
    If he has done the fact checking to back the claim up great, but him and his mate Paddy do not have a great record for doing that in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,076 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Taoiseach Micheál Martin breached Covid-19 public health guidelines by attending an indoor event held in honour of his late father in Cork.

While at the event Martin told an attending garda to take off her face mask for a photo opportunity.

the gathering was permitted because of a directive issued by the Department of an Taoiseach to allow the December 12 event

Can we fire him now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

My point is look at his Twitter, he is seriously anti FF/FG etc
    If he has done the fact checking to back the claim up great, but him and his mate Paddy do not have a great record for doing that in the past.

He is Anti Corruption not Anti FF/FG .What part of #leotheleak story does not stack up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Who are "The Ditch"?

Accredited by he who's name may not be spoken?

TimHorton wrote: »
    He is Anti Corruption not Anti FF/FG .What part of #leotheleak story does not stack up ?
    Did I mention the leotheleak story? Nope
    Plenty of other stories Paddy and Chay have tweeted about have not been factual is my point

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Taoiseach MicheMartin breached Covid-19 public health guidelines by attending an indoor event held in honour of his late father in Cork.

While at the event Martin told an attending garda to take off her face mask for a photo opportunity.

the gathering was permitted because of a directive issued by the Department of an Taoiseach to allow the December 12 event

Can we fire him now?

Taking that at face value....attending an event in breach of restrictions, meh. Using his office to greenlight a personal event...not good.

Jeebus you'd think he's be afraid of getting the Virus being indoors without masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I for one will wait and see what #leoleaks has to say about this before making up my mind

Taking that at face value....attending an event in breach of restrictions, meh. Using his office to greenlight a personal event...not good.

True sign of a dictator. Do as I say not do as I do.

• Advertisement

Jeebus you'd think he's be afraid of getting the Virus being indoors without masks.

Wow, what a non news story.....

Someone socially distanced took their mask off for a
    few seconds. Masks which without we managed to suppress case numbers to single figures. For a whole few seconds.

Im outraged....

Advertisement