Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Munster vs Toulouse, Sat 3rd April 3:00pm; BT Sport 3

Options
  • 02-04-2021 12:13pm

Saturday 3rd April 2021
    3.00pm
    Heineken Champions Cup - Round 5 - Round of 16
    Thomond Park

Munster|
    -
    |Toulouse
    Haley|
    |Medard
    Conway|
    |Kolbe
    Farrell|
    |Holmes
    De Allende|
    |Ahki
    Earls|
    |Lebel
    Carbery|
    |Ntamack
    Murray|
    |Dupont
    Stander (c)|
    |Kaino
    O'Donoghue|
    |Tolofua
    Coombes|
    |Cros
    Beirne|
    |Ri. Arnold
    Kleyn|
    |Ro. Arnold
    Archer|
    |Faumuina
    Scannell|
    |Marchand
    Kilcoyne|
    |Baille
    -|
    -
    |-
    O'Byrne|
    |Mauvaka
    Cronin|
    |Castets
    Ryan|
    |Aldegheri
    Holland|
    |Tekori
    Wycherley|
    |Flament
    Casey|
    |Placines
    Hanrahan|
    |Germain
    Cloete|
    |Delibes

Ref: Wayne Barnes (England)
    Assis Ref 1: Sean Gallagher (Ireland)
    Assis Ref 2: Chris Busby (Ireland)
    TMO: Tom Foley (England)

Head-to-Head Record
    Munster|
    Draws
    |Toulouse
    4|

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Killer in for Cronin was to be expected
    Archer in for Ryan is much of a muchness
    JOD in for POM due to injury
    Great to see Wycherley back after what could have been a really nasty injury

6-2 split on the bench possible due to the workload Beirne and Stander have had the last few weeks, possibly because they are expecting a big forward performance from Toulouse.

Earls will have his hands full with Kolbe.

Not overly optimistic, Toulouse are a fantastic side, but we should see some sort of response from the players after last weeks performance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭theVersatile

TOULOUSE SECOND ROWS
    Richie Arnold: 2.08 m, 127 kg
    Rory Arnold: 2.08 m, 120 kg
    Joe Tekori: 1.98 m, 131 kg

Holy mother of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Identical twin second row, that's unique.

Jeez that's a good Toulouse side.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Munster 13/10 at home to a French team. A bit surprised to see that. I'd still be fairly confident in Munster winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

There was never going to be crazy surgery on the lineup. That needs to happen in the Rainbow Cup. Great to see Wycherley back after that worrying injury against Benetton.

I'm happy with the 6-2 split as putting Rory Scannell on the bench for token minutes only never made sense to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

That's it. Rub it in.

Oh look at us, we have a Champions Cup game, oooh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Munster will have to be at our very best to win tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 22,234 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I don't have a good feeling about this

We'll have to punch above our weight tomorrow to win this

Ntamack, Kolbe and Dupont, 3 of the most talented and on form players in their positions in the world against Carberry, Conway and Murray... None of these players are at the top of their game

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Akrasia wrote: »
    I don't have a good feeling about this

We'll have to punch above our weight tomorrow to win this

Ntamack, Kolbe and Dupont, 3 of the most talented and on form players in their positions in the world against Carberry, Conway and Murray... None of these players are at the top of their game

JVG will come under enormous pressure if we get a hammering tomorrow i feel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Is there a reason why any Munster fan might expect a win tomorrow. And really if you did think so, on what basis would you think so. Is there something to suggest such an outcome. If so I have not seen it.

There was a lashback after Axel but that fire has died. And Van Graan is a complete waste of space. The ability is there, but the slow distribution is killing any life in this team.

Murray, for the first time in recent history, challenged the Leinster line last week. I was in utter shock.

It would break your heart watching the break down breaking down because of this guy's slow play. And Munster is defined by this nonsense these days

ElisaAtWar wrote: »
    Is there a reason why any Munster fan might expect a win tomorrow. And really if you did think so, on what basis would you think so. Is there something to suggest such an outcome. If so I have not seen it.

There was a lashback after Axel but that fire has died. And Van Graan is a complete waste of space. The ability is there, but the slow distribution is killing any life in this team.

Murray, for the first time in recent history, challenged the Leinster line last week. I was in utter shock.

It would break your heart watching the break down breaking down because of this guy's slow play. And Munster is defined by this nonsense these days

I’m guessing you’re not a Munster fan yourself and haven’t watched any Munster games apart from last week

Munster have had a really good season and one match away from home in awful conditions against the best team in the league where half the team had just returned from international duty may not be enough to fully judge our capabilities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

I’m guessing you’re not a Munster fan yourself and haven’t watched any Munster games apart from last week

Munster have had a really good season and one match away from home in awful conditions against the best team in the league where half the team had just returned from international duty may not be enough to fully judge our capabilities

Have they had a really good season?

In Pro14 they didn't really put a fight v Leinster. In Europe they stumbled against a fairly poor Quins team. The Clermont game was a great win I do agree but after getting hammered for the first few mins it was like Clermont turned off

Their season will be deemed good or bad based on this result today. If they lose I don't think anyone could claim this as a good season for Munster. Maybe I am wrong?

sebdavis wrote: »
    Have they had a really good season?

In Pro14 they didn't really put a fight v Leinster. In Europe they stumbled against a fairly poor Quins team. The Clermont game was a great win I do agree but after getting hammered for the first few mins it was like Clermont turned off

Their season will be deemed good or bad based on this result today. If they lose I don't think anyone could claim this as a good season for Munster. Maybe I am wrong?
    We lost 3 games all season including losing to Leinster in the final last week

Beating Clermont away from home in that manner was a classic Munster performance and if we can show that today we do have a chance at home to Toulouse today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Beating Clermont away from home in that manner was a classic Munster performance and if we can show that today we do have a chance at home to Toulouse today

The Pro final quality is hardly the highest quality

If leinster lose next week the season will be seen as a failure. I am not sure how you can say it is a success if Munster lose today. Hopefully they don't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I agree, the Clermont match shows what Munster are capable of and should surely give them some belief.

sebdavis wrote: »
    The Pro final quality is hardly the highest quality

If leinster lose next week the season will be seen as a failure. I am not sure how you can say it is a success if Munster lose today. Hopefully they don't

You asked if There was any reason Munster fans think we can win today. I replied that we have had a good season so far, obviously it would be a major downer to get eliminated from Europe at the Last 16 stage, but we do have a reason to believe we can win today and we can judge if the season was successful after all the results are in

We topped our conference in the league, won all our pool games in Europe and now it’s the business end of the season

Dupont and Ntamack were part of a French horror show against Scotland. A similar showing today and Munster can certainly win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I agree, the Clermont match shows what Munster are capable of and should surely give them some belief.

It did require a shocking implosion from Clermont and it's hard to see Toulouse doing likewise if they get a big lead.

But they won't, Munster will win today.

But they won't, Munster will win today.

source.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Winner plays Clermont

ElisaAtWar wrote: »

#4amtakes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,129 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Munster can win this. There's no reason why they can't. They certainly have the ability and after last week, they must surely have a stick up their ass. I predict a 3 point Munster win. Come on the Boggers and boks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Awful conditions? The conditions weren't ideal, but neither were they awful. Far from it. And both teams had to play the same conditions. Half the team back from international duty? You had 6 of 23 back from international duty compared to Leinster who had 15 of 23 back from international duty. Even if you look at the starting 15s it's 6 for Munster and 10 for Leinster.

Whatever about the merits of either point above, those seem to be 2 very odd factors to call out about last week. Munster are up against a team in the same calibre as the one they faced last week. The Clermont game can give them hope that they can compete, but if anything your point about 1 game rings true here. What other game this season have Munster gone up against top class opposition and won?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hon Munster! Looks like a cracker of a day in Limerick

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Dupont and Ntamack are ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

As long as Barnes is consistent with penalties and cards, that's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The absolute state of that. Win a turnover on their 10 and you ****ing box kick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Box kicking on the oppo 22

W

T

F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

As long as Barnes is consistent with penalties and cards, that's ok

You're lining this one up a bit early, aren't you?

Advertisement