Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The end in sight?

Options
  • 02-04-2021 5:15pm

The last thread gave us a lot of insight in to how people see the pandemic play out. We argued a bit as well but these are frustrating times. So how is your boat holding up and do you think you'll be sailing in it for another 6 months? Or......dare I even think it........a year.....gulp.

I am feeling optimistic these days because I'm focusing on the science and not hysteria.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

The last thread gave us a lot of insight in to how people see the pandemic play out. We argued a bit as well but these are frustrating times. So how is your boat holding up and do you think you'll be sailing in it for another 6 months? Or......dare I even think it........a year.....gulp.

I am feeling optimistic these days because I'm focusing on the science and not hysteria.

End is in sight, following the science is the way to go obviously but some people confuse science with miracle working, wanting it all to end over night.

Just watched that ad on RTÉ though from the Government of Ireland, where your man offers the woman a lift and she ends up in ICU. Terrible idea those ads, what were they thinking?

GooglePlus wrote: »
    End is in sight, following the science is the way to go obviously but some people confuse science with miracle working, wanting it all to end over night.

Just watched that ad on RTÉ though from the Government of Ireland, where your man offers the woman a lift and she ends up in ICU. Terrible idea those ads, what were they thinking?

The policy in many Western countries appears to be to cause people severe distress through tv ads and by creating fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

The policy in many Western countries appears to be to cause people severe distress through tv ads and by creating fear.

Fear works well, ads like that are the reason I wear a seatbelt but these ads are just ****e and over the top. I haven't seen ads in other countries, do you have any links.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

As per Beasty's note in the previous thread
    Beasty wrote: »
    As this thread moves towards it's 10k limit I wanted to advise everyone there will not be a follow up thread. This thread has moved away from its original topic and has become very similar in nature to the Relaxation of Restrictions thread. Indeed it seems to have become a home to many posters who find themselves banned from that thread

Of course posters can still appeal their threadbans by approaching the banning mod via PM

The thread will be closed later this evening, so you have a final opportunity to conclude any outstanding discussions

Any questions please PM me. Do not respond to this post in-thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement