Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

speckle wrote: »
    hope your doing better and TLCing yourself or even better getting someone else too :)

Do you have an idea how low your oxygen went..pm if you dont wish to post..thanks

keep the chin up

Mine were below 50 heading 40

I'm good now just sore back

I couldn't walk from my room to the bathroom so weak, if anyone feels like that ring an ambulance asap

My dad who had it too still can't shift a head cold 2 months now with one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I couldn't walk from my room to the bathroom so weak, if anyone feels like that ring an ambulance asap

Oh , hope you are ok now .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

adox wrote: »
    I’m on day 10 and the fatigue is the main thing for me. I still have a cough although it was eased. I still have aches and pains but they have also eased.

I slept late yesterday morning, slept in the afternoon and had eight hours sleep last night. I feel like I haven’t slept at all. I’m going to go for a nap again this afternoon.

I lost my taste for 24 hours and it came back so I’m lucky that way. Eating has been one of the creature comforts that I’ve regally enjoyed while being unwell.

Technically I’m not longer contagious(although my wife who also has it is two days behind me) but I still feel a long way from being well.

So I only went back to work on Monday and have left everyday by 1PM with fatigue. Home to bed for a couple of hours sleep.

The fatigue for me is the lasting thing I have from it. Hopefully doesn’t last much longer.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Oh , hope you are ok now .

I'm good now getting there

My mam who had it, a diabetic was put on folic acid now as well as that she takes vitamin D since the Covid19 pandemic hit and it was mentioned as vital

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭numbernine

Has anyone lost taste and smell and still dont have it back after weeks and weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

numbernine wrote: »
    Has anyone lost taste and smell and still dont have it back after weeks and weeks?

Yep, I got it at the beginning of January and it's not back fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭snowcat

On a side note (i know 11 covid victims) 8 sub 30 year old students who have had Covid. 6 had very mild symptoms. 2 days of head cold and fine. One has lost his sense of smell but is perfectly fine otherwise. One quite sick and hospitalised with heart palpitation issues but now discharged and fine. Also one 50 year old female who had fever bad flu symptoms for approx 2 weeks but is fine now not hospitalised. 2 over 70's mild symptoms. No great discomfort. Not hospitalised.
    I deal with students and have been a close contact 3 times. Tested 3 times. 3 negatives

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Back to work tomorrow after testing positive for Covid. Had about 2 days were it felt like a bad head cold, but the worst part for me is the lack of energy. Could be fine then all of a sudden feel like I've ran a marathon, legs feel weak and could sleep for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

For those who have Long Covid symptoms, there is this article on the IT

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/long-covid-could-the-coronavirus-jab-be-a-cure-1.4518896

I don't know if this treatment is the solution, but I wouldn't trust it. I think I had enough with the real virus, I wouldn't look for trouble with something else.
    What is really something is that "researchers" are still investigating, just like doctors are still trying to understand. They never have an answer to questions.
    I wonder how many decades it will take for them to fully understand what is going on.

I never got high fever or lost taste and smell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

If you have mild symptoms then a pulse oximeter (for reassurance) and painkillers are all you need.

Shoving stuff up your nose is not worth it and just adds to the distress. Don't bother, it's a waste of money. Your body will deal with the virus fine on its own.

The pulse oximeter is handy, I have one and it reassured me that I was fairly ok even when I felt a bit under the weather. Below 96% is not great and I'd be calling the oul' GP. Mine never went below 98% and I have pretty small lungs.

This is great advice. i was so terrified of getting it due to existing sinus and breathing problems i got all these things to spray up my nose etc. i got Phantosmia ( Phantom smells) called the doc convinced i had covid but it transpired i had probably given myself a sinus infection. i took Sinutabs for a few days and it eased considerably.

The pulse oximeter is really great for keeping an eye on your breathing if youre worried about your blood oxygen levels and gives good reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Tested positive on Monday. Felt totally fine until today, I feel like I've done the hardest workout ever. Every muscle in my body is sore. Other than that I've nothing else wrong with me yet. I don't know if my fitness and age has stood to me but I feel like so far I've gotten off lightly. My wife is alot worse. She is aching, fever, no appetite and no energy. Just hope we don't get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

martin101 wrote: »
    Tested positive on Monday. Felt totally fine until today, I feel like I've done the hardest workout ever. Every muscle in my body is sore. Other than that I've nothing else wrong with me yet. I don't know if my fitness and age has stood to me but I feel like so far I've gotten off lightly. My wife is alot worse. She is aching, fever, no appetite and no energy. Just hope we don't get worse.

Are ye both relatively young?
    I know some fit people who have been floored but were in their 50s.
    Best of luck anyway

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Are ye both relatively young?
    I know some fit people who have been floored but were in their 50s.
    Best of luck anyway

We have both just turned 40 so not really spring chickens ha ha but relatively young I suppose. I think what may of helped me is I run 5 days a week at a good enough level but sure its all guess work. I've been taking vitamin d for 3 months too. Don't know if it helped or not though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Why did you get a test on Monday? Had you mild symptoms or were you a close contact?

Hope you get better soon.

Why did you get a test on Monday? Had you mild symptoms or were you a close contact?

Hope you get better soon.

I was a close contact. Only getting symptoms today really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Still recovering here. All of us positive & tests showing it is the South African Variant,

I am covered in hives & driving me mad scratching. Antihistamine's not working. One of the days my body was black & blue with big red welts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I was a close contact. Only getting symptoms today really.

Imagine close contacts that haven't been identified. That's 3 days of being positive before showing symptoms. Whole thing is crazy. Anyway hope you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Knine wrote: »
    Still recovering here. All of us positive & tests showing it is the South African Variant,

I am covered in hives & driving me mad scratching. Antihistamine's not working. One of the days my body was black & blue with big red welts

Hives? that's a new one, has it been going on for long?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Drink plenty of fluids, do not let loss of appetite get you, you and your wife need to eat and recover have you access to spo2 stats even. Regularly check temperature and try to steam therapy to relieve sinus if possible and Tea with lemon and ginger works wonder.

My wife, baby and in laws all had it, it was only mild symptoms. And I've worked in a covid unit when we had a covid outbreak at work.

• Advertisement

Hives? that's a new one, has it been going on for long?

A full week now. It was the very first symptom. Plus some fairly shocking rashes! I took pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

A full week now. It was the very first symptom. Plus some fairly shocking rashes! I took pictures.

That sounds horrible, hope it clears up asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Have you told GP regarding with the rash, they might prescribe you with topical creams other than Antihistamine again take plenty of fluids.

FrankC21 wrote: »
    Drink plenty of fluids, do not let loss of appetite get you, you and your wife need to eat and recover have you access to spo2 stats even. Regularly check temperature and try to steam therapy to relieve sinus if possible and Tea with lemon and ginger works wonder.

My wife, baby and in laws all had it, it was only mild symptoms. And I've worked in a covid unit when we had a covid outbreak at work.

Thanks for the info. Will do all the above. Just hope it passes soon. I've very mild symptoms and feel brutal, can only imagine what some people are going through.

FrankC21 wrote: »
    Have you told GP regarding with the rash, they might prescribe you with topical creams other than Antihistamine again take plenty of fluids.

Going to see if they can do anything tomorrow! It is very bad tonight! I can't wear a watch etc

Anyone having trouble sleeping since having it, my sleep all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I got a vaccine and had trouble sleeping after having that done. Not quite the same thing but I felt it was similar symptoms to actually having Covid.

poisonated wrote: »
    I got a vaccine and had trouble sleeping after having that done. Not quite the same thing but I felt it was similar symptoms to actually having Covid.

Yes I've heard from a front line worker who got the flu and lost her taste and smell once getting first dose of the vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

JP Liz V1 wrote:

Already have sleep issues, getting vaccine next week, so should be interesting, thankfully didn't get covid, any other issues, post covid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

That sounds horrible, hope it clears up asap.

I hope you recover quickly. I didn't realise how bad the rashes can be. Lots of pictures here:

https://covid.joinzoe.com/us-post/skin-covid

Advertisement