Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid Toe

• 31-03-2021 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone elses Covid toes haven't gone away either? I got Covid in January, really bad dose that was frightening at a few points but got out of the worst of it, only a bit of fatigue now, odd dizzy spells but the gammy Covid toe is just the worst. My GP said it's just long Covid that'll pass but what the hell is making my toes balloon red, surely odd. Anyone else dealing with similar? Horrible dirty virus, even the crubeens aren't safe.

Beverly Hills, California

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Just wondering if anyone elses Covid toes haven't gone away either? I got Covid in January, really bad dose that was frightening at a few points but got out of the worst of it, only a bit of fatigue now, odd dizzy spells but the gammy Covid toe is just the worst. My GP said it's just long Covid that'll pass but what the hell is making my toes balloon red, surely odd. Anyone else dealing with similar? Horrible dirty virus, even the crubeens aren't safe.

Never heard that - so bizzare. Will watch this thread with interest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

i think i had that last year still not right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Never heard that - so bizzare. Will watch this thread with interest!!

Aye, it just looks like someone is squeezing my foot like a balloon, all the blood rushed to the end of my toes. Was worried because I thought it might be a circulatory issue, kind of anxious healthwise now after it all but doc says not to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I have Covid Skin. Looks horrific. I'm in bed with high temperature & feel like ****. It really is awful.

i think i had that last year still not right

Whats your story Fanny, did you get them as well or still have them? My sister got the long Covid too but no issues with the toes, she just hasn't tasted a dinner properly since the start of the year, said she would have rathered the Covid had killed her in jest.

• Advertisement

Knine wrote: »
    I have Covid Skin. Looks horrific. I'm in bed with high temperature & feel like ****. It really is awful.

Hope you get well soon, it's a horrible auld dose it really is. All you can do is ride it out, I was hallucinating and everything, get plenty of fluids in.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I think you've got bigger issues to worry about....

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭josip

Beasty wrote: »
    I think you've got bigger issues to worry about....

:pac:

Well it couldn't have been Camel Toe with that Dufflecoat on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

josip wrote: »
    Well it couldn't have been Camel Toe with that Dufflecoat on.

It's ran up my leg now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

It's ran up my leg now

The camel or the bat??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Covid toes like chilblains are a "thing". Also Covid tongue which is a red sore tongue.
    I got a sore finger and tongue when I was sick last year.
    They just healed themselves after about a fortnight.
    Lot of people get the toe and a red skin rash, strange disease alright.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm guessing it's down to different ways the immune system tries to react to a disease it probably has no prior exposure to.

I do wonder if people who have had some exposure but not actually caught this could perhaps have a "better prepared" immune system, possibly from the initial exposure which did not embed into the individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I was a little sick just over a year ago when the first lockdown started. It was very mild but all the typical signs of Covid at the time.
    I wasn't able to get a test back then due to capacity and recovered very quickly but I have had what appears to be covid toes ever since.
    It appeared about a month after illness and they got very red and itchy for about the following 6 months. Wearing shoes/runners and socks was very irritating and was a guarantee for chafing and cuts.

I had a Holiday in January ( I know- naughty me) and they have been much better ever since getting a bit of sun on them via open sandals. There's still a bit of redness on both big toes but I can finally wear socks and shoes without the skin chafing.

My wife had it in January. It was at the time they stopped testing close contacts, but there were 4 more of us in the house who never got symptoms. May have been asymptomatic. May have already had it, or may have immune systems better placed to counter it. Just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I'm guessing it's down to different ways the immune system tries to react to a disease it probably has no prior exposure to.

I do wonder if people who have had some exposure but not actually caught this could perhaps have a "better prepared" immune system, possibly from the initial exposure which did not embed into the individual.

My daughter with Special Needs got it last March, ended up in hospital, on steroids etc. She tested positive this week along with me & her sister, although she has severe respiratory issues, she got a milder dose than us. So definitely her immune system was better able for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I don't know Beasty. If your immune system has some preparation for Covid, does that not mean you have been infected? And probably immune then for a while to serious disease , at least.
    Some of the people who have complained of these symptoms have been otherwise not too sick.
    Others it affects much worse.
    Doesn't seem to follow that those with serious infections get all these symptoms or vice versa. :confused:

Advertisement