Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,756 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it Bo as Bray Fiend?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm surprised those backstage skits are live and not pre recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm surprised those backstage skits are live and not pre recorded.

You'd think so, but I always thought they were live almost as a test to the performers to do it there as well as doing it in the ring

They used to be pre recorded, I've seen clips of the Rock redoing stuff back in his day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I wonder after they both got buried by mcintyre will ricochet and Ali finally link up as a tag team like they've pushed for... Or will they just be future endeavoured in May

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Hope they don’t abandon the Hurt business.. a new HB with ricochet and maybe omos?

I think Riddle is the worst thing on this god awful show and there’s a hell of a lot to choose from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,702 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I enjoyed that Drew locker room segment, yeah Raw is full of cowards who wont step up

Corbin on Raw FFS, prob had **** all for him to do and just threw him into a fued to kill some time

Annoyed the hurt business was broken up or maybe its there plan and Selton & Cedric will help lashley win at mania

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

When I heard that they broke up the Hurt Business only to bring in Corbin I cancelled my plans to watch this week's Raw. Then I saw that Riddle and Asuka thing and it's just so sad really. Hard to watch WWE at times - the in-ring work's usually great, but it's all the bolloxology around it - I'm well up for "sports entertainment" but they seem to miss the mark so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So after last night, Sheamus to be new US Champion?
    Riddle even made a joke earlier about being tested

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WWE are desperate to get Lashley booed over McIntyre at Mania hence the dismantling of the Hurt Business and pairing him with the charisma vacuum Boring Corbin.

Apparently the hurt business merch was apparently massively outselling Drew’s stuff and hurt business was garnering more social media views and hits.

I hate this move by WWE it’s their fault they can’t build faces anymore. The really struck gold with the Hurt Business but Vince is adamant Drew gets his mania moment in front of a live crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭ThePott

Was thinking the same thing as to why they broke them up they wanted Lashley to get booed.
    Does anyone feel like there's a chance everyone is going to be cheered since it's the first show back in forever and people will just be happy to cheer. I think the crowd in general is gonna be unpredictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I (not by choice) just got a Shelton Benjamin Hurt Business shirt for Christmas...I feel betrayed.

https://twitter.com/TheCiaranJames/status/1376807779420241926?s=20

This is doing the rounds. Riddle forgetting his lines and openly admitting it is pretty funny on the face of it. But look a bit deeper and there's so much wrong here. It's a typical WWE backstage segment, you see like 15+ of these a week but they're incredibly off putting.
    The acting is atrocious, that's not a dig at Riddle or Asuka, it's a par performance, everyone is taught to act that way. If you saw it at your local Christmas panto you'd probably say it was a bit hammy.
    The dialogue, nobody speaks that way. No 2 humans have ever interacted in the way that Asuka and Riddle (or anyone else in these WWE segments) did outside of the confines of WWE.
    The WWE hidden camera is so stupid. I've always hated the hidden camera, it makes literally no sense at all.
    The scripted dialogue is inane and stifling. If Riddle were not a programmed robot that had briefly short-circuited maybe he could have improvised something dumb to say, but instead the fear of going off script is greater than the ramifications of a segment gone awry. If these real people were allowed to actually speak like people, maybe some of them would get over. Any time someone does one of their worked shoot interviews on Smacktalk or in a WWE Network doc, their fanbase eats that stuff up, so why not have their talent speak like human beings all the time?
    Cole's cover for it is just cringe. I have no doubt in his headpiece Vince might be congratulating him on a job well done but to anyone who may have been watching this that isn't indoctrinated into the universe of WWE speak it just came across as weird.

Anyway clearly this isn't just about that one particular segment, largely this was aimed at all WWE backstage segments.

2 easy to book talents if the company had sense, yet reduced to this, where the acting and dialogue is so atrociously ****, it makes Tommy Wiseau in The Room look like an Oscar Winner in comparison.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So after last night, Sheamus to be new US Champion?
    Riddle even made a joke earlier about being tested

I think Sheamus should be in the Raw world title match with Drew and Bobby at WM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

1.7 million rating this week is a crazy low number this close to Wrestlemania. Weirdly up in the demo on last week though but the 3rd hour drop off was stark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

ThePott wrote: »
    Was thinking the same thing as to why they broke them up they wanted Lashley to get booed.
    Does anyone feel like there's a chance everyone is going to be cheered since it's the first show back in forever and people will just be happy to cheer. I think the crowd in general is gonna be unpredictable.

“The Wrestlemania Crowd are so unpredictable they cheer who they normally boo and boo who they normally cheer”

-Micheal Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭ThePott

“The Wrestlemania Crowd are so unpredictable they cheer who they normally boo and boo who they normally cheer”

-Micheal Cole
    That quote is exactly where my mind went :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

MVP desperately trying to salvage something from the wreck. Who else can fit THB?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've never understood WWE Management's (ie Vince's) inability to capitalise on who's hot instead of trying to crowbar on the man they want. It has never, as far as I can recall, worked out for them.

I hear Dio Maddin is free to join

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dio was just getting over on the commentary booth and doing a fantastic job at that and looked like he was going to be Joe's Omos at the time and they pulled him off screen for a year and then gave him that sh1t gimmick.

Typical WWE a lad gets himself over just doing what they ask him to do then they sabotage him.

That face to face with Brock had me popping like mad as Dio looked a beast and not scared of Brock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

The decline will plateau at some stage. The question is when and where.

https://twitter.com/FullMetalEnginr/status/1377010351468802048

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The decline will plateau at some stage. The question is when and where.

https://twitter.com/FullMetalEnginr/status/1377010351468802048

Honestly I think there's not much lower they can go. If you take the Pandemic pre Thunderdome viewership as their absolute hardcore of the hardcore audience you're probably looking at the plateau being somewhere around 1.4-1.5 million who will literally watch anything WWE put on TV for 3 hours on a Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

MVP desperately trying to salvage something from the wreck. Who else can fit THB?

Whether you like MVP or not, he gets it. I think he always has.

Adding Corbs to the mix is not only shoehorning an unnecessary talent into an angle he doesn't fit, but an unlikeable one. Its a stupid idea for stupid reasons.

Ill try be positive though, I enjoyed Ricochets segment. Its done more for him than anything in the last six months, and his match with Drew, while short, showed he is a top performer in the ropes. How are they not at least trying more with this guy..... yet Corbin gets accommodated.

what happened with Ric, why did Vince suddenly sour on him? He was riding high, big moment at the Rumble, big wins over AJ, big PPV match with Brock....and then bam, bottom of the pile.

It wasn't because of Heyman leaving the Raw team because Heyman was still around when his de-push began, so what was it? Im not saying he should be a main event player , but he should at least be featured above so many others like Corbin.

I have to admit the Miz and JoMo song was catchy :o

Mania week kicks off

https://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2021-04-05

Who will end the show strong, Drew or Bobby ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pull apart brawl, I reckon. Refs, security etc.

Bobby and Corbin attacking MVP and writing him off tv just to continue getting rid of the remnants of the best faction

Is Bobby facing his ex HB team mates in a handicap tag match?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Pull apart brawl, I reckon. Refs, security etc.

Didn't they do that already for Drew and Bobby

• Advertisement

Drew will have a big **** off pyro when he strikes down his sword at the weekend

Advertisement