Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

April 2021 Babies Club

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 April21

Hi everyone, tomorrow is the start of April :eek:

Has anyone had their baby yet? I am booked for an induction next week due to a number of issues I have had. So will be induced slightly before my due date which is quite scary to think that in a weeks time we could have baby here! I am still hoping to go myself, baby's head is well down and cervix has started to open according to the examination I had this week so let's see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,229 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Induction date of April 11th given here, unless something happens.

Good luck.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

April21 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, tomorrow is the start of April :eek:

Has anyone had their baby yet? I am booked for an induction next week due to a number of issues I have had. So will be induced slightly before my due date which is quite scary to think that in a weeks time we could have baby here!

We're looking at Friday here! Mammy in our case is also getting induced, starting early tomorrow, but at 38 weeks everybody feels as ready as we'll ever be. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

We're looking at Friday here! Mammy in our case is also getting induced, starting early tomorrow, but at 38 weeks everybody feels as ready as we'll ever be. :pac:

Going to be induced at 38 weeks also if I haven't gone myself. Was also induced on my first baby and had an extremely long labour. Baby ended up in neonatal.
    Bit worried 38 weeks is too soon if I haven't gone. Only reason for it is size of the baby.

Whats everyone else's thoughts on induction who is having one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lauramc58

donkey10 wrote: »
    Going to be induced at 38 weeks also if I haven't gone myself. Was also induced on my first baby and had an extremely long labour. Baby ended up in neonatal.
    Bit worried 38 weeks is too soon if I haven't gone. Only reason for it is size of the baby.

Whats everyone else's thoughts on induction who is having one?

Hiya,
    It sounds like we’re in the same boat! I was induced on my first and had a very long labour and I’m being induced on Tuesday at 38+4 because of baby’s size and one or two more things. I’m very excited to have baby with me sooner rather than later as I’m very uncomfortable the last week or so but I’m also scared about the induction as they checked my cervix last week and it was still high. Hopefully the induction works alto quicker this time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Met a great friend of mine in the hospital carpark this morning. His wife was due last week but is also being induced today. Love coincidences like that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maca13

Wow best of luck everyone being induced...im paddling my own canoe!! Had a GP appt this morning and i just asked her thoughts on visits if restrictions ease soon etc...she said if it was her baby...unless someone was fully vaccinated then its a complete NO...i have a very pushy MIL...VERY...more stressed about here than the labour.

Good luck!! Wishing you guys a nice speedy and safe delivery!!

maca13 wrote: »
    Wow best of luck everyone being induced...im paddling my own canoe!! Had a GP appt this morning and i just asked her thoughts on visits if restrictions ease soon etc...she said if it was her baby...unless someone was fully vaccinated then its a complete NO...i have a very pushy MIL...VERY...more stressed about here than the labour.

Ugh, sorry you have to deal with this on top of labour!! Last time I wanted no visitors in the hospital and I’m kind of happy there is a good excuse this time! When you get home could you get your partner to tell her it’s doctors orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maca13

lauramc58 wrote: »
    Ugh, sorry you have to deal with this on top of labour!! Last time I wanted no visitors in the hospital and I’m kind of happy there is a good excuse this time! When you get home could you get your partner to tell her it’s doctors orders?

Yep il be quoting my GP...sternly.:D

• Advertisement

Hiya,
    It sounds like we’re in the same boat! I was induced on my first and had a very long labour and I’m being induced on Tuesday at 38+4 because of baby’s size and one or two more things. I’m very excited to have baby with me sooner rather than later as I’m very uncomfortable the last week or so but I’m also scared about the induction as they checked my cervix last week and it was still high. Hopefully the induction works alto quicker this time!

Yes very similar stories! I've been told second one is quicker but then I know someone on her 4th and she went totally overdue and a very long labour.
    I'm very afraid of another long labour as I thought been induced at 38 weeks seemed early I was 39 weeks induced with my first one.
    Pelvis and hips really at me in the last week.

Did you have a sweep done?

maca13 wrote: »

I'll be in the same boat....have a MIL that just drops in when she feels like it. Comes in around half 8 at night when I'm trying to get my toddler down and then drives him cracked before bed. Drives me Insane. Also has no concept of the whole CV going around. She maintains we are family yet she is a carer meeting loads of people every day whereas I had been working from home.

Being in laws basically doesn't make us 'family'and ok to be visiting especially when I'm high risk. Drives me mental.

Was the same with my first baba. Playing pass the parcel with her. Whereas when my mother came up in the morning it was to help - i.e. clean the house, cook and clean rather than her annoying. My own family would always have told me when they were coming but MIL thinks she can drop in unannounced.

I know its going to be the same when baba number 2 comes along and I just want to keep visitors etc away for as long as possible when the CV is around. But how do you approach that subject!

Best of luck!!

Yes very similar stories! I've been told second one is quicker but then I know someone on her 4th and she went totally overdue and a very long labour.
    I'm very afraid of another long labour as I thought been induced at 38 weeks seemed early I was 39 weeks induced with my first one.
    Pelvis and hips really at me in the last week.

Did you have a sweep done?

No sweep, they checked the cervix and said it was still too closed unfortunately. The consultant had said beforehand because it was my second I may only need my waters broken but after the check they said I’ll have to get Propess. Hopefully we both have nice quick babies this time :D

No sweep, they checked the cervix and said it was still too closed unfortunately. The consultant had said beforehand because it was my second I may only need my waters broken but after the check they said I’ll have to get Propess. Hopefully we both have nice quick babies this time :D

Yes hopefully it will be fast fingers crossed!!

Did you have your waters broken artificially last time? I had and thought it was the worst ever. Hoping they won't have to be again and the inducing will cause them to break...thats if that can even happen:-/

Yes hopefully it will be fast fingers crossed!!

Did you have your waters broken artificially last time? I had and thought it was the worst ever. Hoping they won't have to be again and the inducing will cause them to break...thats if that can even happen:-/

I did, I found it really hard aswell :-/ I have been trying loads of things to bring on labour naturally but when they told me I was showing no signs I’ve just resigned my self to the fact it may be like last time.....I still have hope though, every little twinge I’m thinking “ yes! This is it!” :D

I did, I found it really hard aswell :-/ I have been trying loads of things to bring on labour naturally but when they told me I was showing no signs I’ve just resigned my self to the fact it may be like last time.....I still have hope though, every little twinge I’m thinking “ yes! This is it!” :D

It would be great if it did wouldn't it. The very best of luck to you and fingers crossed you will go yourself x

I'll be in the same boat....have a MIL that just drops in when she feels like it. Comes in around half 8 at night when I'm trying to get my toddler down and then drives him cracked before bed. Drives me Insane. Also has no concept of the whole CV going around. She maintains we are family yet she is a carer meeting loads of people every day whereas I had been working from home.

Being in laws basically doesn't make us 'family'and ok to be visiting especially when I'm high risk. Drives me mental.

Was the same with my first baba. Playing pass the parcel with her. Whereas when my mother came up in the morning it was to help - i.e. clean the house, cook and clean rather than her annoying. My own family would always have told me when they were coming but MIL thinks she can drop in unannounced.

I know its going to be the same when baba number 2 comes along and I just want to keep visitors etc away for as long as possible when the CV is around. But how do you approach that subject!

Gosh that's really tough donkey10. I wouldn't know how to approach that. I guess I'm lucky on one hand that all family is 1.5hrs away from me, but it would be nice to have them a bit closer.

Looks like there is a few of us looking at being induced! Here's hoping we have quick and straightforward births

My little girl arrived on Saturday evening. She's even more beautiful than anticipated! :D I got to hold her for about 20 minutes after the section, but won't get to see her again until tomorrow. Mammy is also doing well and sending me lots of adorable photos.

Trying to keep myself happy this week thinking of all the nice things we have to look forward to after she comes home, but it's hard to be patient when there's so much excitement.

One of my best friends had good news the same night, in the same ward, about 90 minutes after us. The world needs more happiness at the moment.

My little girl arrived on Saturday evening. She's even more beautiful than anticipated! :D I got to hold her for about 20 minutes after the section, but won't get to see her again until tomorrow. Mammy is also doing well and sending me lots of adorable photos.

Trying to keep myself happy this week thinking of all the nice things we have to look forward to after she comes home, but it's hard to be patient when there's so much excitement.

One of my best friends had good news the same night, in the same ward, about 90 minutes after us. The world needs more happiness at the moment.

Congrats great news! Wishing ye all the best!

• Advertisement

Hi everyone!
    Had a little boy on Wednesday night weighing 8lbs 12oz. He’s just perfect. We got home yesterday and it’s lovely to be back in my own bed :D
    Best of luck to everyone over the coming weeks!!

Hi everyone!
    Had a little boy on Wednesday night weighing 8lbs 12oz. He’s just perfect. We got home yesterday and it’s lovely to be back in my own bed :D
    Best of luck to everyone over the coming weeks!!

Congrats delighted to hear! I hope you didn't have too long a labour in the end and the induction managed to bring it on x

Hi everyone how are you all doing? I had a little girl at the beginning of’April, she is going on 7 weeks now. Had an induction in the end and it wasn’t a positive experience for me. Feeding also got off to a disaster of a start and I’m in the process of moving from breastfeeding to formula feeding now. All in all it’s been a very difficult 7 weeks.

Hi everyone how are you all doing? I had a little girl at the beginning of’April, she is going on 7 weeks now. Had an induction in the end and it wasn’t a positive experience for me. Feeding also got off to a disaster of a start and I’m in the process of moving from breastfeeding to formula feeding now. All in all it’s been a very difficult 7 weeks.

Congrats! I had a little boy on 22nd. I was induced also but it was my second child so labour went considerably faster than than the first. My first induction didn't go great either - labour was very long. How did it not go well for you? Try not to feel down on yourself. Breast feeding doesn't work for everyone. I went through a week of torn nipples was the worst ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,229 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

We had a little girl, she is thriving, 5 1/2 weeks. Inductions can be tough. Feeding 9k, had to add in formula, once a day in morning and evening. Milk supply slow to come in.

Probably just the farmer in me but once the child got the colostrum the first few hours, like any mammal, the greatest longer-term benefit is in that few first feeds.

Thank God the tough start is behind you and it'll be smoother on in.

Take care.

Advertisement