Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find a specific hostel located in Galway

• 31-03-2021 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Mods, couldn't find a camping forum, so asking here.

The hostel is somewhere in Galway I think, in the northern part. It has a camping site in it (within a walled field) as well as a hostel. It's 30 minutes walk from a nearby village. It's located next to a lake that had two islands, one of which has an obstacle course on it. Went there with cubs & scouts many years ago (in the 80's/90's), but would love to go back after COVID. It's also an adventure centre of sorts, and does canoeing and windsurfing in the lake. The lake wouldn't be huge, and was surrounded by farmland on the sides not owned by the hostel.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its hardly Delphi adventure centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Kimbot wrote: »

That’s where I was thinking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭cal naughton

Also another adventure centre in Connemara called Recess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Sounds like Delphi, every school in a sixty mile radius got brought there at some stage in the 90s

https://goo.gl/maps/qeJ8T3BjYF1CbeR87

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Killary Adventure centre is my guess. Both Killary and Delphi class spots for a get away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Cong Camping, Caravan & Glamping Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Moving thread to Galway forum. Please observe the local charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Also another adventure centre in Connemara called Recess.

That's what I was thinking. It's off the grid a bit in the Inagh Valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Kimbot wrote: »

Had a look, but no. There was a lake to the east where the forest is, and the buildings would have been facing the other direction. Also, the lake had two islands (one had the obstacle course on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

• Advertisement

Yup, that looks like it! The building layout & lake next to it & the road leading to it fits my memory.

Also a few reviews mention scout camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Sure sounds like Petersburg to me. Great place. Loads of space with a few camping options. Walled garden, lakeshore etc. Gorge walking is my fav activity there.

Sure sounds like Petersburg to me. Great place. Loads of space with a few camping options. Walled garden, lakeshore etc. Gorge walking is my fav activity there.
    Fairly certain I did abseiling through them in some crevice 45 minutes away in a bus. Hoping to pop up there with a few people once COVID effs off.

Advertisement