Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game week 30 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Thinking of bench boosting (still have WC left).

Currently on this lot...

Martinez | Nyland

Stones | Dias | Dallas | Lowton | Coufal

Raphinha | Gundogan | Bruno | Moura | Lingard

Kane | DCL | Bamford

If I go BB, it would be Mendy in for Nyland and probably one of the City lads out for someone nailed on (for a hit).

Any thoughts, feedback welcome...I'm keen to get rid of the BB, don't want it to cloud my thinking around the WC

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Think Stones and Gundogan are the obvious problems with that bench boost. If you replace one of them and hope the other plays then you could get to 15 starters from 15. If you dont win the Pep lottery then its likely to be 14 of 15 which wouldnt be the end of the world either. It could turn into a mess though if Pep rests Dias and your other City player, then its down to 13.

I got off Gundogan and onto Lingard last week, was a difficult decision but looking at Citys fixture pile up felt I felt I had to lose either him or KdB, couldnt risk both of them not starting like happened v Fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Think Stones and Gundogan are the obvious problems with that bench boost. If you replace one of them and hope the other plays then you could get to 15 starters from 15. If you dont win the Pep lottery then its likely to be 14 of 15 which wouldnt be the end of the world either. It could turn into a mess though if Pep rests Dias and your other City player, then its down to 13.

I got off Gundogan and onto Lingard last week, was a difficult decision but looking at Citys fixture pile up felt I felt I had to lose either him or KdB, couldnt risk both of them not starting like happened v Fulham

Yeah I’m likely to wait til post wildcard and moving off City before hitting the BB

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah I’m likely to wait til post wildcard and moving off City before hitting the BB

Are you wildcarding for 32? The fixtures are saying City have blanks in both 32 and 33, presumably because of the two domestic cups. Their game at home v Leeds in 31 looks attractive but it is sandwiched in between the two CL games v Dortmund, even Dias may not play v Leeds dont mind Gundogan and KdB. Spurs also blank in 33 so more to think about there for Kane/Son/Bale owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Are you wildcarding for 32? The fixtures are saying City have blanks in both 32 and 33, presumably because of the two domestic cups. Their game at home v Leeds in 31 looks attractive but it is sandwiched in between the two CL games v Dortmund, even Dias may not play v Leeds dont mind Gundogan and KdB. Spurs also blank in 33 so more to think about there for Kane/Son/Bale owners.

Wildcarding in 31, potentially bench boosting in 32 but not tied to that idea by any means.

City shouldn’t have a blank in 32 though. That FA Cup postponement is expected to be rescheduled within the same gameweek when they do the TV fixtures.

From Spurs I can’t see myself having more than Kane. They’ll have another false dawn before the season ends but I’ve basically convinced myself at this point that they just aren’t very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is Alonso worth the gamble?

FHFC wrote: »
    Is Alonso worth the gamble?

Yes but only if you have a perfectly good 1st sub.

A 100% nailed on starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

Will there be another double game week before end of season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1374366355965804549?s=20

Bale being dropped recently must play into this. I wonder if we'll see much more of him til season end.

Given a choice who would people stick with from now till the end of the season- Son or Bruno? Currently on Son who should be back from injury after the break but if I want to get back to Bruno will have to do it tonight before getting priced out of it.

• Advertisement

Given a choice who would people stick with from now till the end of the season- Son or Bruno? Currently on Son who should be back from injury after the break but if I want to get back to Bruno will have to do it tonight before getting priced out of it.

I'd personally go with Bruno.

In better form of the two, higher ceiling, on set pieces and more focal to United's attack than Son at Spurs.

If possible at all, it'd be best to do it after the internationals as Bruno looks knackered and could affect his output after the intl's.

I'd personally go with Bruno.

In better form of the two, higher ceiling, on set pieces and more focal to United's attack than Son at Spurs.

If possible at all, it'd be best to do it after the internationals as Bruno looks knackered and could affect his output after the intl's.

yeah I think you're right but I'll have to do it tonight due to it only leaving me 0.1m ITB, another price drop on Son and I wont be able to do it.

And yeah the reason I sold Bruno for Son was because he looked knackered in the Europa League first leg v AC Milan and then he had the City fixture (got burnt there with his penalty). It was a rash move selling him for Son in the first place but at least I can reverse it, albeit with the risk of the international break. Im not 100% on owning 2 Spurs anymore, their win v Villa wasnt all that convincing and seemed to be papering up the cracks. I'll hang on to Kane but sell Son to get Bruno back.

yeah I think you're right but I'll have to do it tonight due to it only leaving me 0.1m ITB, another price drop on Son and I wont be able to do it.

And yeah the reason I sold Bruno for Son was because he looked knackered in the Europa League first leg v AC Milan and then he had the City fixture (got burnt there with his penalty). It was a rash move selling him for Son in the first place but at least I can reverse it, albeit with the risk of the international break. Im not 100% on owning 2 Spurs anymore, their win v Villa wasnt all that convincing and seemed to be papering up the cracks. I'll hang on to Kane but sell Son to get Bruno back.

Of the options, it's definitely the smarter choice IMO. Fernandes is so heavily owned too, it's a serious rank killer if he returns.

FWIW, Son is only -85.8 to a drop at the moment on FPLS- http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/

And nowhere near dropping tonight on FFFix - https://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/price/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think Bruno all day, everyday.
    He’s the standout asset, Ole runs them into the ground

I’m reluctant to even get Son, Jose is toxic, who knows what happens there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Green&Red wrote: »
    I think Bruno all day, everyday.
    He’s the standout asset, Ole runs them into the ground

I’m reluctant to even get Son, Jose is toxic, who knows what happens there

If you have spurs players tho their next game v Newcastle they are worth holding them for imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Spurs are top of the form table over the last 5 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Spurs are top of the form table over the last 5 games.

They lost 3 of their last 5 (City, West Ham, Arsenal).

By my maths they're 16th on the form table over the last 5

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    They lost 3 of their last 5 (City, West Ham, Arsenal).

By my maths they're 16th on the form table over the last 5

They have 12 pts from the last 5 league games. Burnley, Fulham, palace, arsenal and villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

They have 12 pts from the last 5 league games. Burnley, Fulham, palace, arsenal and villa.

Sorry you're right. Never noticed before but a site I use shows the form table per the original fixture date (ie didn't include the Villa and Fulham games that were moved)
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2020&min=24&max=30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Probably looking at a Chelsea player for a 1 week punt before WC.
    Cancelo to Alonso/James is tempting or Gundogan to Mount is probably the safest

• Advertisement

Probably looking at a Chelsea player for a 1 week punt before WC.
    Cancelo to Alonso/James is tempting or Gundogan to Mount is probably the safest

I am thinking the same but until the end of the season.

Azpilicueta is prob the safest Chelsea bet in DF I'm looking at.

I would see James as the safest of him and Alonso but wouldn't be overly confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Good to be back lads!! Had a look last night. Team in fine shape this week, only Chelsea defence missing really. Could do Cresswell to Azpi for a week but I dunno if I will wildcard next week or not. Most likely I will but I haven't had the time to properly investigate if it will be worth my while.

Son injury could influence my transfers this week.
    Will he play??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

No Chelsea at all, think need for a defender outweighs need for likes of Mount or Havertz.
    I would be definitely going Azpi or Rudiger if I wasn’t using WC next gameweek...but as I am, I am tempted by Alonso, which could easily backfire

munster87 wrote: »
    No Chelsea at all, think need for a defender outweighs need for likes of Mount or Havertz.
    I would be definitely going Azpi or Rudiger if I wasn’t using WC next gameweek...but as I am, I am tempted by Alonso, which could easily backfire

Mendy and then Azpilicueta are the most nailed on to start.

Everything else seems to be a lottery there although with Silva still out you’d think Rudiger and Christensen will also start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Mendy and then Azpilicueta are the most nailed on to start.

Everything else seems to be a lottery there although with Silva still out you’d think Rudiger and Christensen will also start.

Yeah, I think for a one week punt I’ll chance Alonso starting against WBA but next week will be doubling up, more than likely, without Alonso

• Registered Users Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It's been such a long international break, I can't remember the transfer I was going to make!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I have vague memories about bench boosting but not sure if it was a dream.

Probably gonna board the Alonso train for a week instead

Dean Smith yesterday
    “I am, yes (hopeful Grealish will play against Fulham),” Smith added.

“That was the aim, when it first happened we looked at the calendar and thought Fulham would be the first game but there was always the possibility that, as I’ve said before, his tolerance levels could be better and he may be able to play.

“But it wasn’t the case, it didn’t heal as quick as we would have wanted and unfortunately it went to plan.

“I’m always putting pressure on the medical staff, especially the doctor, and it was his plan, but he was right on this occasion, as he usually is. But we all wanted him back quicker than we could have got him.

Dont think I'll risk Grealish just yet but that is a nice fixture v Fulham if he plays. Im still leaning towards a transfer to Jota next week, he scored 3 goals in the international break and one before it so its hard to ignore that form. Would have to sell either Lingard, Mount or Raphina to get him. Have owned Mount a few weeks now anticipating a haul, hopefully WBA is the game where it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Has this happened to anyone here before re: Free Hit chip and transfers:

I had 2 FT going into week 29 where I planned to use my Free Hit chip. My bench is fodder so planned on getting starters in so i can use Bench Boost in a few weeks. I made two free transfers and saved. Before the deadline I used the free hit as planned.

After the game week and before international break I checked to see who was playing for GW30 and noticed my two free transfers didn't register but thought nothing much of it and thought it just cancelled out the free transfers.

Just doing my team for tomorrow now and it's now costing me -4 if I want to make 2 transfers! The two previous free transfers are showing up in my transfer history but didn't stay in my team.

Anyone know why this happened? It's basically taken a free transfer off me as I don't suspect if you have two FT before using FH that it resets to 1 FT the following week?

Edit: Was told the last line was true :( thought I was cleaver making two changes before playing the chip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Yes it's in the rules, standard.
    Basically if you play a FH or wildcard you lose your free transfer,

Advertisement