Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lassykk's SURLAW - Lassykk got talent

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Rankings are in...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Up to 5 entries now including my own

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Hope to get something in this week for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

I should get something in this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,928 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lassykk wrote: »
    Up to 5 entries now including my own

When is closing date?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When is closing date?

No rush at all. A few weeks I'd say but I'll give plenty of warning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I'm in too.

Not a fan of talent shows in general - the only one I watch consistently is RuPaul's Drag Race.

This was enjoyable for the most part. Great voices all around.
    My top-3 was clear from the beginning. There was one song that gave me a hard time to decide if it would place top-10 or not because it is one of my favourite songs of all time and I couldn't decide if I liked the version or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Ooh...

I think this is a great idea lassy

...but I am not a fan of these shows at all!

Will this convince me?
    Not based on what ASLB just said :pac:

Well... I don't think I'll start watching now, although I can see what people like in them

Pretty much finalised my list. There's a couple that I can acknowledge are brilliant, but I don't personally like, not sure what to do with them

In a few cases this has made me appreciate the songwriters a lot more, hearing covers be very good makes you realise the strength of the underlying song

Good work with all the overseas picks at the end, lassy, really added to the interest levels :)

Well... I don't think I'll start watching now, although I can see what people like in them

Pretty much finalised my list. There's a couple that I can acknowledge are brilliant, but I don't personally like, not sure what to do with them

In a few cases this has made me appreciate the songwriters a lot more, hearing covers be very good makes you realise the strength of the underlying song

Good work with all the overseas picks at the end, lassy, really added to the interest levels :)

Glad you enjoyed some of the foreign ones. There's actually a voice Mongolia but I didn't find anything for my top twenty there!

Up to seven entries now. Glad to see people willing to subject themselves ;)

• Advertisement

Another entry in - up to 8 now

Very interesting votes I must admit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Another entry in - up to 8 now

Very interesting votes I must admit!

Nine now :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Might give this a go over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Have it down to my top 10 but hard to order them 1 to 10... need a break...and will listen afresh next week...great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 84,928 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No rush at all. A few weeks I'd say but I'll give plenty of warning

In now just in case I forget, it was tough

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'll enter tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

In... hard to order my top ten especially those number 4 to 8 in the middle.

Not a fan of these shows especially the kids singing versions...a lot of pressure on them and their voices as they are trying to find out about their musicial identitys... let alone grow up.

However..great to figure out if a cover song would suit oneself and sometimes they do allow for a really good talent or voice to be heard that otherwise might not happen.

Great for looking at aswell for what can be done with new visual technology.

Roll on the reveal...

Up to twelve entries now. Still plenty of time. Likely will keep open for another week or so anyway

I think we are after stalling on entries here - I will start putting together the results and aim to have the reveal maybe at the weekend, work dependant. I will give plenty of notice for the reveal and if any late entries come they are more than welcome.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

In too..

By the skin of my teeth :pac:

• Advertisement

In too..

By the skin of my teeth :pac:

Cheers Sinead.

Wonder did you effect the final outcome or is someone running away with it!

I don't actually know the answer to this as I haven't done the workings yet ;)

Wonder did anyone get no votes?

Sam Perry's version of When Doves Cry might divide opinion!

Sorry for the shocking delay here.

Anyone around if I run off the reveal round 7.30 / 8 this evening?

Advertisement