Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uptick in Covid19 D15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

cython wrote: »
    5km is completely irrelevant to this. That's solely for exercise and widely misunderstood. I'd imagine mixing testing with the shopping centre was the greater concern.

Precisely. I had a test but had to go to the centre in Cloghran, there and CityWest were the venues for the suburbs. Negative, of course, just 5 weeks of acute bronchitis.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

cython wrote: »
    5km is completely irrelevant to this. That's solely for exercise and widely misunderstood. I'd imagine mixing testing with the shopping centre was the greater concern.

They have specifically said that only people with addresses within a 5km radius of the test centre will be tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

miamee wrote: »
    They have specifically said that only people with addresses within a 5km radius of the test centre will be tested.

They did. But also said it won't be checked when you turn up for a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

miamee wrote: »

Apologies, I missed that in the HSE publication on this as they used 5k instead of the normal notation of 5km, and given that the 5km exercise limit is so frequently trotted out inaccurately as a travel limit in general at this point, that was the impression I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭rameire

Figures up to the 22nd Mar
    Per 100k
    Blanch - Mulhuddart - 280.4
    Castleknock - 214. 6
    Ongar - 365.6

Blanch 99 cases in last 14 days
    Castleknock 99 cases in last 14 days
    Ongar 131 cases in last 14 days

2 down, 1 up.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/high-level-of-asymptomatic-covid-cases-in-dublin-hot-spot-a-worry-1.4522485

So positivity at the Covid walk-in centre in the NAC is almost double the overall average across five centres.

At some point, we have to admit that people in Blanch just aren't complying with the Covid restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/high-level-of-asymptomatic-covid-cases-in-dublin-hot-spot-a-worry-1.4522485

So positivity at the Covid walk-in centre in the NAC is almost double the overall average across five centres.

At some point, we have to admit that people in Blanch just aren't complying with the Covid restrictions.

Or that they cannot comply due to their living circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

basill wrote: »

Be interesting to know if they do any tracing on them.

I suspect those unable to comply will be the minority

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭ongarite

****ty headline. Positivity at this test centre is at 4.3%, less than 1% more than the country average.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Fatnacho

I don’t want this to be misconstrued as something racist but when I went up to get tested last Friday, the overwhelming majority of those in the queue seemed to be white Irish. For an area that is so ethnically diverse, it got me wondering if people who don’t access the Irish mainstream media are aware of the testing centre.
    We possibly aren’t getting a true reflection of the positivity rate within the general Dublin 15 area, if members of the Black, Eastern European and Asian communities are underrepresented in the testing figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭VonLuck

basill wrote: »

What living circumstances are you referring to? Genuinely curious.
    Fatnacho wrote: »
    I don’t want this to be misconstrued as something racist but when I went up to get tested last Friday, the overwhelming majority of those in the queue seemed to be white Irish. For an area that is so ethnically diverse, it got me wondering if people who don’t access the Irish mainstream media are aware of the testing centre.
    We possibly aren’t getting a true reflection of the positivity rate within the general Dublin 15 area, if members of the Black, Eastern European and Asian communities are underrepresented in the testing figures.

I don't think you can draw any conclusions based on a single visit to the test centre. Could very well be a queue full of black, eastern European and Asian folk the second you left!

Also, there could have been plenty of eastern Europeans in that queue. They're not that distinguishable from the Irish.

VonLuck wrote: »
    What living circumstances are you referring to? Genuinely curious.

Family of 4 few door down from me living in 1-bed apartment.
    Families who can't afford rent on larger places with D15 one of the cheaper areas to rent in Dublin area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

ongarite wrote: »
    Family of 4 few door down from me living in 1-bed apartment.
    Families who can't afford rent on larger places with D15 one of the cheaper areas to rent in Dublin area.

I don't get the issue. Do not any family unit, or house mates or flat mates run the same risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Gerlad

raheny red wrote: »
    Mary Mother of Hope Junior School closed until the 26th March. Small outbreak in the lead up to Paddy's Day.

Only 3 classes in junior school were closed up to the 26th. 14 other classes were back 22nd March for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

According to Morning Ireland yesterday the NAC test results are now inline with the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

beauf wrote: »
    I don't get the issue. Do not any family unit, or house mates or flat mates run the same risk.

No. If one member of the family gets it they can't isolate from the rest.

Figures up to the 29th Mar
    Per 100k
    Blanch - Mulhuddart - 325.7
    Castleknock - 201.6
    Ongar - 401.9

Blanch 115 cases in last 14 days
    Castleknock 93 cases in last 14 days
    Ongar 144 cases in last 14 days

1 down, 2 up.

Just added the detail to a spreadsheet going back to October.
    Newest info is on the Left.
    Oldest to the Right

548919.PNG

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The figures in January really show how much the government fcuked up with their plans over Christmas. They tried to keep everyone happy instead of taking a tough decision to allow either restaurants to open or home visits, not both. We're still seeing the effects of that now as the numbers just aren't coming down fast enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

Zaph wrote: »
    The figures in January really show how much the government fcuked up with their plans over Christmas. They tried to keep everyone happy instead of taking a tough decision to allow either restaurants to open or home visits, not both. We're still seeing the effects of that now as the numbers just aren't coming down fast enough.

The numbers not coming down are due to 1) more transmissible variant and 2) more and more people paying increasingly less attention to the rules, which is hardly surprising given that the government put us in an endless lockdown without a clear exit plan.

I know a few people (one has underlying health issues) who have been following guidance to the letter until recent weeks where they've started straying a bit. Mental health can't be discounted and a year of lockdown has taken it's toll.

• Advertisement

2 Up
    1 Down.

549571.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Would the reason for the 2 up be due to the walk in centres?

Yes, the figures released every Thursday are from the preceding week/end.
    This is when there was a big push to use the walk-in centres in NAC & high asymptomatic cases recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭raheny red

Covid test centre opening in Mulhuddart.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

raheny red wrote: »
    Covid test centre opening in Mulhuddart.

Naomh Perigines GAA club it's looking like.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Daeltaja wrote: »
    The numbers not coming down are due to 1) more transmissible variant and 2) more and more people paying increasingly less attention to the rules, which is hardly surprising given that the government put us in an endless lockdown without a clear exit plan.

I know a few people (one has underlying health issues) who have been following guidance to the letter until recent weeks where they've started straying a bit. Mental health can't be discounted and a year of lockdown has taken it's toll.

We followed every rule to the letter until now . Without a clear plan and the nonsense of not being allowed meet in your garden but you can in a busy packed park we gave up . I meet my friend in the garden and will be doing so as we are far safer here than on a small bench in a packed park. If people see no reason behind certain rules they will give up and do their own thing . I genuinely cant blame people now to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

ongarite wrote: »
    Yes, the figures released every Thursday are from the preceding week/end.
    This is when there was a big push to use the walk-in centres in NAC & high asymptomatic cases recorded.

The asymptomatic cases can rapidly turn into symptomatic, we had no symptoms when we went to the Walk in Clinic. Now one of us is in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    We followed every rule to the letter until now . Without a clear plan and the nonsense of not being allowed meet in your garden but you can in a busy packed park we gave up . I meet my friend in the garden and will be doing so as we are far safer here than on a small bench in a packed park. If people see no reason behind certain rules they will give up and do their own thing . I genuinely cant blame people now to be fair

The issue isn't meeting in the garden, it's that inevitably when lots of people do it somebody will come in to go to the loo, or like this weekend it'll go from sun to hail and people will slip and slide. Maybe not you, but some will and there you go.

That being said cases are declining so it's clear that more common sense is prevailing than not. Some price we paid for that meaningful Christmas. Much as I love D15, be glad now to get to the sea for a walk.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Nijmegen wrote: »
    That being said cases are declining so it's clear that more common sense is prevailing than not.

It's the big coincidence again that cases drop when schools are out.

• Advertisement

2 Down 1 Up.

550249.PNG

Advertisement