Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JohnGreenFan & The Walrus - The Reveal

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Which means that first place in this round with 21 points goes to
    Deja Boo!

The Very Thought of You – Chris Botti

Have I listened to this artist before? No
    Have I listened to this song before? No

That intro was just sublime. I love the saxophone. Simply gorgeous. Saxophone just hits different. And her voice!! Wow. I loved this so much. One of my favourite finds of the walrus so far. Quite different to the other submissions too which I think helped. Partly because if it’s instrumental I won’t ruin the moment by trying to sing along during the first dance, but that’s beside the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

In 21st place with 1 point is
    FixXxer

Black Balloon – The Kills

I liked this song, but definitely not as a first dance song! Sounds more like a soong about depression which doesn’t really meet my hope for happy wedding vibes. Also no idea how you’d dance to this. I kept expecting it to transform into a mosh pit style song with all the guests headbanging in a circle around the dancefloor…

If you think weddings are happy affairs then there's no hope for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Congrats DejaBoo, Necro's choice would have been my entry / pick :)

Really like that Marc Cohen number too.

JGF - have you picked your song (or had your wedding since) and what did you choose, if I can ask?

I had friends go with How Long Will I Love You (the more up beat Jon Boden version) for there's :D

Also love that you tested them out properly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Thanks for the reveal JGF, pleasantly surprised to place so high.. I promise the next 3 rounds are in line with the categories too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    Well... it was my first dance so if I picked something else I would be cheating on it :pac::pac:

Same here... well for my entry not yours ha

• Advertisement

Name|Round 1|Round 2|Round 3 | Total
    Mustang Shelly | 21 | 16 | 10 | 47
    Necro | 19 | 8 | 19 | 46
    Kolido | 19 | 11 | 15 | 45
    Sawduck | 18 | 12 | 7 | 37
    Green & Red | 17 | 15 | 2 | 34
    Deja Boo | 16 | 5 | 21 | 42
    ShaneU | 15 | 19 | 4 | 38
    Band Member | 14 | 6 | 20 | 40
    Irish Aris | 13 | 14 | 9 | 36
    Osh | 12 | 21 | 16 | 49
    Also Starring LeVar Burton | 11 | 20 | 5 | 36
    Rikand | 10 | 1 | 11 | 22
    Electric Nitwit | 9 | 4 | 14 |27
    Trigger | 8 | 3 | 17 | 28
    Homer J. Fong | 7 |13 | 12 | 32
    FixXxer | 6 | 18 | 1 | 25
    Beakerjoe | 5 | 7 | 18 |30
    phatkev | 4 | 10 | 13 | 27
    The Purple Tin | 3 | 9 | 3 |15
    Arghus | 2 | 2 | 6 | 10
    JP Liz V1 | 1 | 17 | 8 | 26

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Cheers JGF, that's tomorrow's playlist sorted, though I fear there's some slush there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 84,813 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In 18th place with 4 points is ShaneU

When The Stars Go Blue – Ryan Adams

I wasn’t really a fan of this one – it’s grand but the song seems very generic – I felt like I had heard it before but I’m pretty sure I hadn’t ever heard it. Also, I don’t know if I’m missing something, but why are the stars going blue? (This may have distracted me for longer than I am willing to admit.)

Was this in One Tree Hill?

In 17th place with 5 points is
    Also Starring Levar Burton

A Trick of The Light – The Villagers

This is an excellent song but can’t dance to it. Awkward swaying or side to sides on the drum beats?? (Am I just outing myself as having no rhythm at all that I can’t dance to anything?) Just doesn’t have the first dance fit for me.

Levar, I fear I may have treated you poorly here. When I was listening to it I knew I had heard it before in relation to something else but couldn't put my finger on it.
    Watching tv last night and I realised it's being used as the theme tune to the new RTE show Smother, about the family investigating the death of their father... subconciously I knew it didn't fit right for a wedding after that!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Levar, I fear I may have treated you poorly here. When I was listening to it I knew I had heard it before in relation to something else but couldn't put my finger on it.
    Watching tv last night and I realised it's being used as the theme tune to the new RTE show Smother, about the family investigating the death of their father... subconciously I knew it didn't fit right for a wedding after that!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ah here, I'm not sure which is worse, that I had to pick a song for a first dance at a wedding (I hate weddings ;)) or to find out that there are people who still willingly watch RTÉ in 2021... :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah here, I'm not sure which is worse, that I had to pick a song for a first dance at a wedding (I hate weddings ;)) or to find out that there are people who still willingly watch RTÉ in 2021... :pac:

I'm only watching it for Lahinch, scenery is unreal

So...

Next category? :D

fixXxer wrote: »
    So...

Next category? :D

I'm thinking Thursday but I just want to confirm there isn't any other reveals on that night first

I'm thinking Thursday but I just want to confirm there isn't any other reveals on that night first

You need to assert dominance by announcing yours now and letting them worry about how they'll fit around you.

fixXxer wrote: »
    You need to assert dominance by announcing yours now and letting them worry about how they'll fit around you.

Arriving back to my walrus after 2 months of abandonment like...

tenor.gif?itemid=4858756

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ray Montagne - You Are The Best Thing

Wouldn’t mind but our actual first song was Ray LaMontagne - hold you in my arms

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Which means that first place in this round with 21 points goes to
    Deja Boo!

The Very Thought of You – Chris Botti

That intro was just sublime. I love the saxophone. Simply gorgeous. Saxophone just hits different. And her voice!! Wow. I loved this so much. One of my favourite finds of the walrus so far. Quite different to the other submissions too which I think helped. Partly because if it’s instrumental I won’t ruin the moment by trying to sing along during the first dance, but that’s beside the point.

Thats really lovely. Reminds me of a lot of Cowboy bebop anime stuff with heavy focus on the sax and a beautiful female singing voice. Very nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Remember when walrus was a thing

• Advertisement
Advertisement