Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Civil service jobs

Options
  • 11-11-2020 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everyone. I’m a secondary school teacher but trying to get out of it at the end of this school year. Does anyone know when the civil service will do their next big recruitment or does that happen still? I’ve been searching it but can’t find too much information. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Have a look at the work and jobs forum, most of the recruitment competitions have a thread there.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Register on Public Jobs, and set up a search for roles you're interested in, eg Clerical Officer, Executive Officer, etc.
    You'll be notified of new competitions.
    https://publicjobs.ie/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Not a great time to be honest.

The levels in civil service that have mass recruitment from lowest to highest are: CO, EO, AO, AP and PO.
    CO I don't know about.
    EO was called earlier this year.
    AO was called in September
    AP was called over the summer
    PO I can't tell you about.

Not sure how often they recruit for CO and PO.
    For EO and AP the competitions run for two years typically, i.e. they're unlikely to ask for applications again before mid 2022.
    AO is called every year, but generally in or around September, so next time it'll be open for applications is September 2021.

There are other public service admin jobs advertised from time to time, e.g. with the councils so it's worth keeping an eye on public jobs.ie but in terms of mass recruitment it'll most likely be a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Not a great time to be honest.

The levels in civil service that have mass recruitment from lowest to highest are: CO, EO, AO, AP and PO.
    CO I don't know about.
    EO was called earlier this year.
    AO was called in September
    AP was called over the summer
    PO I can't tell you about.

Not sure how often they recruit for CO and PO.
    For EO and AP the competitions run for two years typically, i.e. they're unlikely to ask for applications again before mid 2022.
    AO is called every year, but generally in or around September, so next time it'll be open for applications is September 2021.

There are other public service admin jobs advertised from time to time, e.g. with the councils so it's worth keeping an eye on public jobs.ie but in terms of mass recruitment it'll most likely be a while.

CO is every two years also and recruitment took place back in 2020. Then Temporary CO positions are yearly.

However, the position is temporary and not a chance of being kept on from what I have read.

If I were you, I'd keep an eye out for any positions in local government also.

Advertisement