Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to invest 30k

• 26-03-2021 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I have 30k sitting in a savings account that I don’t see being used for at least a year.

What options do I have to invest this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Wow a whole year!

PBs or savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Will you need the full amount in a year? House deposit, travel fund, new baby etc? If so, savings accounts or something 0 risk is your best option.

If you won't need it til you're 60+ and you don't plan to live overseas, stick it in a pension

If you don't have any fairly solid plans for it in the next few years, I'd say invest it and get it working for you asap. You can always keep a portion to the side and invest the rest, doesn't have to be all or nothing. Getting familiar with investing is a valuable skill to learn early, I'd suggest at least putting a small amount in a brokerage account and investing in something so you know the process and it doesn't seem so daunting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Wow a whole year!

PBs or savings.

Point of your first sentence? OP asked a perfectly reasonable question in the forum and this is what you come back with. Thought schools were open again but maybe not all children are back.

Advertisement