Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Binance/ Aib issues

• 25-03-2021 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi. Any advice would be extremely helpful. I am new to buying cryptocurrency. I opened an account with Binance and I'm having issues with paying for coins as AIB have put a limit on my card. I got this from binance and am currently locked out of my account [Your account may be at risk and deposit function has been temporarily suspended. Please click the link below to submit a fiat deposit appeal to remove the ban on your account] I contacted AIB today and they would not tell me what the limit was but did say they have had customers which have had issues with Binance. Can anyone recommend a way to get around this
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

screw AIB, send the money to Revolut and then to Binance from there

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

BillBen wrote: »
    Hi. Any advice would be extremely helpful. I am new to buying cryptocurrency. I opened an account with Binance and I'm having issues with paying for coins as AIB have put a limit on my card. I got this from binance and am currently locked out of my account [Your account may be at risk and deposit function has been temporarily suspended. Please click the link below to submit a fiat deposit appeal to remove the ban on your account] I contacted AIB today and they would not tell me what the limit was but did say they have had customers which have had issues with Binance. Can anyone recommend a way to get around this
    Thanks.

Have you done all your KYC???

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Rob2D wrote: »
    Have you done all your KYC???

Hi. Yes, I have. The only thing I can think of is that the payments did not go through on a number of occasions thanks to my bank.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

BillBen wrote: »
    Hi. Yes, I have. The only thing I can think of is that the payments did not go through on a number of occasions thanks to my bank.

I get the exact same thing with BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I can only do sepa deposits to Binance

My visa debit and credit card Mastercard fail. Bank of Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I find AIB and Binance hit and miss.

The last time I wanted to use a card to get some BTC to trade on Binance I had to buy it on Coinbase first, and transfer it. Frustrating due to the hassle and extra fees.

I had done all the KYC asked of me and even got an email saying I was approved. Nothing doing... don’t know if the problem is with AIB or the exchange.

Unearthly wrote: »
    I can only do sepa deposits to Binance

My visa debit and credit card Mastercard fail. Bank of Ireland

I might have to do the same once my account is unblocked. It's very frustrating especially when you're eager to get started

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

I have no trouble topping up my Binance with my AIB (Platinum) Card. Why don't you just use SEPA though (if speed isn't an issue) as there are no fees as opposed to 1.8% with your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 browser 321

I have an AIB platinum card. I charge my revolut and then send from there to Binance. Works perfect.
    This way I also get cashback from AIB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

I have a platinum card with AIB so might try this too, does the transaction get charged as a cash advance if you top up with revolut and how long does it take for for funds to arrive in binance using a sepa transfer form revolut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

There are a few things about binance that made me avoid them. If you use the exchange make sure you transfer to a hard wallet and don’t leave funds there, same as any exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 browser 321

AH92 wrote: »
    I have a platinum card with AIB so might try this too, does the transaction get charged as a cash advance if you top up with revolut and how long does it take for for funds to arrive in binance using a sepa transfer form revolut?
    It is very fast. Whole process takes no more than 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

AIB is defo hit and miss

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

So I've just been unlocked from my account. Just about to see if Revolut will process the payment .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

My AIB card seems to be blocked paying into Binance but I have no problem doing SEPA transfers. It is usually transferred within 2-3 hours even on weekends. Using SEPA also saves on the 1.8% Binance fee that is incurred when using card payment.

My AIB card seems to be blocked paying into Binance but I have no problem doing SEPA transfers. It is usually transferred within 2-3 hours even on weekends. Using SEPA also saves on the 1.8% Binance fee that is incurred when using card payment.

I'm going to try that now. Revolut didn't let the payment go through 😖

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I noticed one of my cards didn't work for making a deposit but did work for buying BTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Binance customer service just sucks.

I have a relatively small issue whereby I am not able to transfer fiat from the binance app (it is all greyed out) , but via website it works fine.
    It has been 10 days and no reply from support even after multiple reminders.

I am just worried if I put in a huge amount and face any issues, will i get timely support. Is it worth the risk?

Nobody leaves a large amount of money on the exchanges

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JKDrummer

I haven't a clue what to do at the moment, Trying to withdraw EUR from Binance to AIB, but it keeps failing, haven't had this issue before,

Can anyone lend a hand?

Spoke to Binance help chat but that made little sense to me.

any help greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 fitzgers

Same here. Failed 3 times. But tried my revolut card and went straight in. Which is strange because originally it wouldn’t let me use revolut to buy coins… anyway if you have revolut worked for me within 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

try Revolut of you have it or offload in a crypto debit card

Advertisement