Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Private school teachers prioritised for vaccinations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Haha . Theres a school right beside the Beacon . Why ring a private one in Bray ?

It's called looking after their own. Being going on since time immemorial and if they were on Titanic they'd have a seat in a lifeboat.

Now get back into steerage ye plebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

wrote: »
    At 4.30pm all of the bookings were completed and there were doses left over. It was either use them or let them go to waste.

Seems to be the mantra when vaccines are given to people at the decision of those that appear to be abusing/ignoring the vaccine rollout schedule.

If this is indeed another case of mismanagement/abuse of the persons position, it should result in recruitment blacklisting, anyone who purposefully or otherwise has allowed the HSE/government rollout to be in receipt of negative publicity should not be welcome to work within the system.

Weed out those people and you could create a culture where the HSE is actually functioning properly, it will take time but in 10-15yrs the system may not be broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Probably off topic but i was walking past a private school in rathmines(st marys). Saw groups of students maybe 60-70 all been coached rugby by teachers/coach. Full contact no pods etc. Now im all for opening up etc and getting on with life. But why are these allowed play sports in school while my son a first year student is at home stuvk on zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Nutgrove fire station, loughlinstown ambulance base, and the local Garda station in dundrum are much closer, but they'd be working class people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Nutgrove fire station, loughlinstown ambulance base, and the local Garda station in dundrum are much closer, but they'd be working class people

LauraLynn just down the road . Assume they have all be vaccinated though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

sydthebeat wrote: »
    But instead they rang the local school.... Where the teachers interact with many more people per day than 'cops' or fire men

Shock horror....

What sort of schools are you familiar with that you would think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

But they wouldn't be coming into contact with the CEO's kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Probably off topic but i was walking past a private school in rathmines(st marys). Saw groups of students maybe 60-70 all been coached rugby by teachers/coach. Full contact no pods etc. Now im all for opening up etc and getting on with life. But why are these allowed play sports in school while my son a first year student is at home stuvk on zoom.

Make sure you contact the Gardai so they can ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

McGaggs wrote: »
    But they wouldn't be coming into contact with the CEO's kids.

Nail on head.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

dashoonage wrote: »
    I'm sure if they had rang the local cop shop, fire station or ambulance service 20 people would have turned up.
    Left overs being used are what we applaud except of course when we don't like who they go to.

• Advertisement

The misguided outrage is strong with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Is it time to start arresting and charging - be it the hospital staff or the HSE for advising that this is okay.

Over 70’s with conditions are being turned away for gods sake.

It’s like every week we manage to set a new low in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

is_that_so wrote: »
    Left overs being used are what we applaud except of course when we don't like who they go to.

Leftovers should be used, of course. There is a multitude of places they could go to before you get to the teachers of a private school where the ceo of the hospitals kids happen to go to.

I cannot understand how anybody can defend this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,633 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

But instead they rang the local school.... Where the teachers interact with many more people per day than 'cops' or fire men

Shock horror....

Local school?

Its in another fecking county, 13km down the road, there's 3 other schools literally within 500 metres of the beacon

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Is it time to start arresting and charging - be it the hospital staff or the HSE for advising that this is okay.

It’s like every week we manage to set a new low in the country.
    Link to that claim? And under what might they be charged apart from the one you just made up in your head?

Link to that claim? And under what might they be charged apart from the one you just made up in your head?

My grandmother

Turned away yesterday as not enough vaccines to do everyone delivered.

Thanks for the personal attack by the way, really forwards your agenda of “this is okay”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

any proof of this?

What are you arresting for them? It's **** that stuff like this happens and really really destroys 'in this together' spiel. But they haven't broken any law

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭dubrov

The choice is to throw away the excess or not.

You'd swear by the article that the teacher's in this school were the only ones in the country receiving the excess.

The journalist would have had to Scott through a long list to try and get this juicy story

dulpit wrote: »
    Leftovers should be used, of course. There is a multitude of places they could go to before you get to the teachers of a private school where the ceo of the hospitals kids happen to go to.

I cannot understand how anybody can defend this.
    I think you'll find it's a lack of actual facts on a trashy tabloid website that some are questioning.

dubrov wrote: »
    The choice is to throw away the excess or not.

You'd swear by the article that the teacher's in this school were the only ones in the country receiving the excess.

The journalist would have had to Scott through a long list to try and get this juicy story

They are meant to have backup lists that prioritise the current groups being vaccinated. Currently that's groups 1-4, teachers are group 11.

• Advertisement

My grandmother

Turned away yesterday as not enough vaccines to do everyone delivered.

Thanks for the personal attack by the way, really forwards your agenda of “this is okay”.
    Fair enough but the question stands. What actual laws allow this arrest you're demanding?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I think you'll find it's a lack of actual facts on a trashy tabloid website that some are questioning.

I'm only going be the commentary, but if it turns out that the hospital had left over vaccines and they did send them to the private school, what would you say? Good choice or bad choice?

The facts are clear, they had leftovers which should have gone to an already existing priority backup list that didn't skip over 7 other vaccine tiers.

VinLieger wrote: »
    The facts are clear, they had leftovers which should have gone to an already existing priority backup list that didn't skip over 7 other vaccine tiers.
    Leftovers is the only fact here, the rest is still speculation.

Fair enough but the question stands. What actual laws allow this arrest you're demanding?

There’s none I’m sure but surely something can be done mate.

I may be being dramatic but sometimes it’s like Groundhog Day.

Something simple like a person in the HSE to call and ask, who is making these decisions like?

We have to remember that’s 20 people now that need to get a second dose ahead of others who may need it more.(if it’s one of the two dose versions)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Shock horror....

From a quick count 9 schools primary and secondary within 5 km of the beacon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭celt262

You would wonder did they think they could do this without word getting out and causing another storm.

dulpit wrote: »
    I'm only going be the commentary, but if it turns out that the hospital had left over vaccines and they did send them to the private school, what would you say? Good choice or bad choice?
    Their choice either way. I certainly wouldn't be sharpening up a pike regardless. So much of the frustration and anger is down with vaccine supplies. If we were doing the 250K a week promised this wouldn't even rear its head.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

If they're working class, who are the middle class?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 maddison1

I'm sure there are a lot of creches close by too. Childcare workers have been working since June last year and absolutely no social distancing in a creche .

Advertisement