Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private school teachers prioritised for vaccinations

• 26-03-2021 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

You thought the postcode lottery scandal yesterday was bad.

https://twitter.com/hughescraig90/status/1375221314080935943?s=20

Stay tuned to find out if Leo's partner who works at the Beacon was involved.

The individual who did this should be sacked. But then again a different prick vaccinated his family ahead of student staff in Coombe and got away with it, so what's to stop anyone who has the authority to just give them to their buddies.

Oh and I will of course tactically omit the name of the businessperson who owns this hospital.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

We're all in this together...unless you're not one of 'our own'.

If you're privileged you skip the queue, the golden circle looks after its own. Back of the line plebs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Dismantle the HSE and sell the shyte parts to the uk. That's all of it.

This is my anthem now, 40 times every day. I'm this close to sticking my head in a blender the next time the news comes on.

"Somebody should do something"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Oh and I will of course tactically omit the name of the businessperson who owns this hospital.

Is DOB the new MCD on here?

Good auld privatisation.
    I don't want it privatised, I wanted funded properly. We shouldn't have to pay for health insurance, health should be provided for seeing as we work ourselves to the bone every day paying half our fuhking wages into the system that absolutely pounds us into the ground. Seriously, what do we get for our tax euros. Families of disabled children get a surveillance detail instead of education provision, private school teachers get vaccinated, abortions for some and miniature Irish flags for the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I don’t think that newspaper is the most reliable one in the world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

poisonated wrote: »
    I don’t think that newspaper is the most reliable one in the world...

It's a rag

But they wouldn't have run this unless their solicitors triple checked the facts

They know DOB can sue them into next year if they're wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

What school is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭Augme

What school is it?

St gerrards.

20 teachers vaccinated?

Hard to see that being so awful tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I don't want it privatised, I wanted funded properly. We shouldn't have to pay for health insurance, health should be provided for seeing as we work ourselves to the bone every day paying half our fuhking wages into the system that absolutely pounds us into the ground. Seriously, what do we get for our tax euros. Families of disabled children get a surveillance detail instead of education provision, private school teachers get vaccinated, abortions for some and miniature Irish flags for the rest.

No idea where my post went but...

I agree, insurance companies have siphoned an incalculable amount of money out of our pockets over the decades - money that should have gone into a robust universal healthcare system.

Maybe some day we'll be able to join the rest of the developed world and have ourselves a 20th century health service.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

20 teachers vaccinated?

Hard to see that being so awful tbh

20 teachers here, 16 family members of Coombe staff there...

All adds up.

Yep, to more ppl vaccinated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

They're welcome to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Yep, to more ppl vaccinated

Why don't we hold a big auction of doses , you could put your bid in and the amount you pay decides your order, could donate the money to homeless charities, after all the order doses are received in apparently makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Did you really think they were going to give it to the common people?

I can't wait until my uncle who is a senior manager in the HSE has his turn and gives vaccines to all of us.

I'm honestly thinking that this category will come around faster than my place in other HCWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

I'd say this carry on is rife tbh. Goes on in all sectors of Irish life why would they change it for this. Us and them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

https://extra.ie/2021/03/26/news/irish-news/teachers-from-fee-paying-school-get-covid-jab-from-private-hospital
    On Tuesday, 20 teachers and staff at the prestigious fee-paying St Gerard’s Catholic School in Bray received vaccines.

The Irish Daily Mail has confirmed that children of the CEO of the Beacon Hospital, Michael Cullen, attend the school.

Within an hour of the school being contacted by the hospital, the staff were at the hospital and all were vaccinated in a short time period.

We're all in this together :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,247 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Thread name is misleading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

salmocab wrote: »
    Thread name is misleading.

Don't think so, considering teachers are ranked 11 according to NIAC guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Good old Ireland

Corruption everywhere. We can’t get away from the nod and wink culture

That’s the real pandemic throughout all sectors of this country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭dubrov

Article is pure trash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

The school wasn't even in the same county as the Beacon

Sounds pre planned to me

Ireland elitism at its finest . Can't have those working in a private school waiting until our vulnerable are vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

At 4.30pm all of the bookings were completed and there were doses left over. It was either use them or let them go to waste.

I'm sure if they had rang the local cop shop, fire station or ambulance service 20 people would have turned up.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,721 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

dashoonage wrote: »
    I'm sure if they had rang the local cop shop, fire station or ambulance service 20 people would have turned up.

But instead they rang the local school.... Where the teachers interact with many more people per day than 'cops' or fire men

Shock horror....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

sydthebeat wrote: »
    But instead they rang the local school.... Where the teachers interact with many more people per day than 'cops' or fire men

Shock horror....

Haha . Theres a school right beside the Beacon . Why ring a private one in Bray ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,247 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Don't think so, considering teachers are ranked 11 according to NIAC guidelines.

They weren’t prioritised they were given it when they shouldn’t have been. It was 20 which I assume is not the whole staff.
    Now it’s an absolute p1ss take them getting it but genuinely when I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be some sort of official thing not someone going on a solo run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭Tork

Maybe we just need an umbrella thread for incidents like this? While vaccines are scarce, the media will devour stories like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭prunudo

What always strikes me about these types of stories is the arrogance or absolute disconnect with the general public about how their actions look or are perceived once they inevitably end up in the media.

Advertisement