Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Werewolf: Stranger Things

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Trigger wrote: »
    Oh yeah definitely, he was pocketing me the whole game, and the change in attitude this morning I think was a big red flag for me.. Wendy was one that I believed to be the village most out of the remaining players.

I had convinced myself that Jake was hopper and he had protected himself from the shot, though the wolf shot scuppered that. Least they were both village

Ah Trig, I wasn't pocketing, I just like you ;)

One thing about this game - I don't like mixed names. I find myself too biased to the real users. I didn't want to munch Necro, I felt bad targeting Kathleen, but I had no problem piling on "Wendy" all day today. It's very hard to be balanced I found

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I am not cut out to be a roled villager. Well played Brendan, you had me fooled.

FixXxer... I knew it was you. I can't believe I let people talk me out of it first day!

We always fight :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Ha ha - sickenenly nice and a little stupid was how I was trying to play. I made a lot of little mistakes early in the hope they'd somewhat justify inevitable mistakes later

I thought I was being a bit nice too though, hence this morning's rant at Angus :p

Hence my accusation of pocketing!! You were just too nice!

cee_jay wrote: »
    Yeah I was going to ask about this :D and amazingly nobody else picked up on it at all!
    I did, but didn't want to directly reference it ;)

Hence my accusation of pocketing!! You were just too nice!
    I'm just a nice guy :D

Did you like how I tried to turn the pocketing reference against you too? :p

• Advertisement

Ah Trig, I wasn't pocketing, I just like you ;)

One thing about this game - I don't like mixed names. I find myself too biased to the real users. I didn't want to munch Necro, I felt bad targeting Kathleen, but I had no problem piling on "Wendy" all day today. It's very hard to be balanced I found

I have issues with the mixed names too, but as demonstrated today, it's because I get them all confused in my mind. With the real username, they have an actual personality of sorts and easier to remember and keep clear.

I'm just a nice guy :D

Did you like how I tried to turn the pocketing reference against you too? :p

No. A few of your posts really annoyed me today :D

No. A few of your posts really annoyed me today :D
    tenor.gif?itemid=14583443

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I have issues with the mixed names too, but as demonstrated today, it's because I get them all confused in my mind. With the real username, they have an actual personality of sorts and easier to remember and keep clear.

I quite like it as an option, though I can see how it might be confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah I was going to ask about this :D and amazingly nobody else picked up on it at all!

I knew it was you playing Wendy almost immediately, and the style of play felt so similar to the last game / whenever you had to be underhanded in Big Boardser (almost too good and sincere to actually be good is how I was thinking of it) that I couldn't not see you being a wolf, but obviously thats just how you play regardless.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    I quite like it as an option, though I can see how it might be confusing.

That is just me. I was on a training course over zoom yesterday and today, and also working to a tender publishing deadline tomorrow, and announcing to everyone I was changing Department in a month, so there was a lot going on trying to keep track (hence the spreadsheet).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Lack of love of Asteroids was concerning to be honest :)

But my god, there was some time sunk into those arcade games this week. Way more than I anticipated anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Triggs, I beakered so much that I beakered myself.

Sorry guys.

I knew it was you playing Wendy almost immediately, and the style of play felt so similar to the last game / whenever you had to be underhanded in Big Boardser (almost too good and sincere to actually be good is how I was thinking of it) that I couldn't not see you being a wolf, but obviously thats just how you play regardless.

:D and I didn't even post any Schitts Creek gifs! It was just Stranger Things!

beakerjoe wrote: »

Sorry guys.

What are you sorry for? That was some serious game play (both WW and arcade games)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

There was a couple of times on day 1 you posted cee_jay and I was thinking the exact same thing and it was sort of freaking me out at one point :D

Sorry guys.
    What are you sorry for? That was some serious game play (both WW and arcade games)

Agreed - Abi was munched because she was playing so well.
    The only slip was shooting Conor (and saying you hadn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

:D and I didn't even post any Schitts Creek gifs! It was just Stranger Things!

I can't even remember what it was, but there must've been something on Sunday, because pretty much straight away I was like, "well Wendy is clearly cee_jay"

And I was useless at guessing who anyone else was...

Except 2D. Was cofident that Katie's single post was 100% 2D... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

What happened to 2D in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Congrats Wolves well played

Consolation villagers but we live to fight another day

Mods brilliant game enjoyed playing and reading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Absolutely - thanks a million Baggly and Duffers. Even if you wouldn't do as I wanted in the backrooms :D

Can someone PM me a link to the backrooms please

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Angus WW wrote: »
    Sorry village!

I ultimately cost you the game.

I told you Brendan was a baddie all along it's just I have a bad aim. :(:p

Apologies to the mods again for not knowing that I couldn't delete a backroom command if it wasn't noted and change it to something else -and then compounding the error by mentioning it on the main thread.

And my second and final choice of Conor was a wolf, so we could have killed two wolves if I'd been smart to know the rules. :(

Well played teammates (esp. video game expert Abigail) and wolves.

Angus (Reba) I was screaming for them to listen to you, great game from the start, great read and leans

Can someone PM me a link to the backrooms please

Same! please and thanks!

Done and done to both of ya ;)

Thank neccers. I don’t have access to stranger things though :(

Agreed - Abi was munched because she was playing so well.
    The only slip was shooting Conor (and saying you hadn't)

I got munched because I was confirmed. I didnt play well. I tried to do too much and ended up ruining the villages chances.

I got complacent and wreckless.

Thanks Duffs and Bags.

Loved the set up and enjoyed the competitions. I didnt spend tio long at them though, just used strategies i used when i was younger.

The wolves played excellent.

• Advertisement

I got munched because I was confirmed. I didnt play well. I tried to do too much and ended up ruining the villages chances.

I got complacent and wreckless.

Why did you say you hadn't shot Conor? That's the one I can't understand

Advertisement