Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will people go completely off the rails when Covid is finally over?

Options
  • 23-03-2021 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭

I wonder when Covid restrictions end whether people will go off the rails for a few months with drinking, partying, gouging, riding and general rí rá agus ruaile buaile.

What do ye think?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Comments

I wonder when Covid restrictions end whether people will go off the rails for a few months with drinking, partying, gouging, riding and general rí rá agus ruaile buaile.

What do ye think?

I'm counting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

Yes! The sooner the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

Drinking yes. Riding not so much. Let myself go too much over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭darem93

I live for that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Hopefully people go back to their pleasures. If that's going balls to the wall partying, so be it.

I can't wait to experience the beauty of humanity again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I never want to be stuck up against some B/O encrusted other on public transport.... Ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

What do ye think?

Yes, yes we will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭seenitall

Roaring twenties, baby! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'd say a lot of people will need to go back on the rails

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Flask of tea and sambos in the park, cannot funkin wait.

• Advertisement

What will I do with my shebeen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Hard to say and might depend on the policies our government bring in. In the UK they're talking about a Covid decade' due to damage done by pandemic https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/23/uk-faces-covid-decade-due-to-damage-done-by-pandemic-says-report

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You're assuming there will be a specific end date, and things will go back to 2019.

I think it'll be a gradual slide back to "normality" bit by bit, so there won't be any complete meltdown.

But once (if :rolleyes: ) travel is properly opened up, I'd say Ireland will float a few inches higher in the sea as the entire population decamps somewhere, anywhere....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

They will have to cordon off the town cause every street will be jammers when pubs open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Personally I might treat myself to a sherry, but just a small one

Straight to the night club.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

What do ye think?

I think the easing will be very gradual over a prolonged period, so there won't be a moment when we suddenly go back to 2019 lifestyles.
    I think when international travel starts again in earnest, most likely mid/late 2022, there will be a surge of people going abroad.
    I think in terms of pubs and clubs that will be very very gradual. We aren't gonna see packed pubs, sitting at the counter etc for a long time. Nightclubs will follow after this.
    I don't think people will have much opportunity to go off the rails for a few months, the continual easing of restrictions will look to maintain control.
    Same as most other countries tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Clap for the HSE and I don't mean applause.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

If it all was finished on one particular day, then yes, it would be absolute carnage. Given how slowly various lockdowns will end, it'll be much more gradual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I wish I could. In reality whats most likely to happen is by the time I get back to work ill have zero annual leave entitlements, we will be rammed and the chances of getting one day off will be non existent. I also have some financial catching up to do. I would think there will be alot of people in my position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Advertisement