Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus it's easy to get a Mania title match nowadays

Rhea Ripley asked for it and got it

It’s real easy when the former number one contender forces the companies hand to release her BF from his contract with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

PTH2009 wrote: »

Bray Wyatt seems to have slimed down a bit

I thought that as well when he stood over Orton while Bliss covered and then I wondered was that even Bray under the mask and boiler suit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loughc wrote: »
    It’s real easy when the former number one contender forces the companies hand to release her BF from his contract with them.

Plus, catches Covid two weeks out from the show....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Haven't watched it yet but I expected Rhipley to go straight into the title picture anyways, where else would she go really. Outside of Charlotte who is a legit challenger to Asuka?

Necro wrote: »
    Haven't watched it yet but I expected Rhipley to go straight into the title picture anyways, where else would she go really. Outside of Charlotte who is a legit challenger to Asuka?

100%

Rhea has the benefit of not being fed to Charlotte in a year, and not utterly neglected like every other woman on the Raw roster.

She's the accidental benefactor of the fact Charlotte is the only woman ever built up on whatever show she is on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reading that they added a train noise sound effect to Strowman's running attack. LOL.

Yeah I heard that. Next he'll throw on a Thomas the Tank Engine costume.

Why was Alexa declared the winner at Fastlane when there was obvious interference from The Fiend?

As someone who doesn't listen to the radio much these days, are Bad Bunny songs played on it?
    Miz and Morrison aren't exactly Max Caster

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

CastorTroy wrote:
    As someone who doesn't listen to the radio much these days, are Bad Bunny songs played on it?

Huge in the US apparently, I'd never heard of him before the Rumble though :pac:

I think Bad Bunny is a major Spotify and streaming star rather than a traditional radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

I'd prefer he fiend as a Jason/mankind/freddy kruger style character rather than all this fire and burnt alive crap.

So Bad Bunny vs the Miz.

No Morrison wrestling.

More importantly no Damian Priest wrestling.

I thought the whole idea of using a celebrity was to get over a WWE Star over and push the hell out of them to make them a real player.

Using Priest as a valet to Bad Bunny is a total disgrace really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lord TSC wrote: »
    100%

Rhea has the benefit of not being fed to Charlotte in a year, and not utterly neglected like every other woman on the Raw roster.

She's the accidental benefactor of the fact Charlotte is the only woman ever built up on whatever show she is on....

I wonder was the original plan for Charlotte to beat Asuka at WM (again) then Rhea debuts the Monday night after WM, challenges Charlotte and beats her for the title for the post mania pop? God knows Charlotte needs another meaningless short title reign again.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Officer999

It’s the worst Wrestlemania card in a long long time. Probably the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So Bad Bunny vs the Miz.

I had to look up who bad bunny is, how did Miz end up with this match, good god, he deserves to be in a better match then this

I had to look up who bad bunny is, how did Miz end up with this match, good god, he deserves to be in a better match then this

Id be shocked if it doesnt get changed into a tag match either before or during the match.

I mean this with the most respect possible, but you're showing off an insane level of ignorance there.

I don't know Bad Bunny either, but having looked him up, it's pretty clear the guy is probably one of the biggest celebs WWE have ever gotten. He's not really known over here, I guess, because he's very much a Latin superstar, which rarely translates over here.

But the guy doesn't stumble into the Superbowl Halftime show with Shakira and J.Lo without being a proper superstar.

Its quite possibly a massive sign of respect to Miz that he was the one chosen for this match up....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I mean this with the most respect possible, but you're showing off an insane level of ignorance there.

I don't know Bad Bunny either, but having looked him up, it's pretty clear the guy is probably one of the biggest celebs WWE have ever gotten. He's not really known over here, I guess, because he's very much a Latin superstar, which rarely translates over here.

But the guy doesn't stumble into the Superbowl Halftime show with Shakira and J.Lo without being a proper superstar.

Its quite possibly a massive sign of respect to Miz that he was the one chosen for this match up....

Exactly this. I haven't a clue who he is either one google shows he has 30 million followers on Instagram and is the most played artist on Spotify. That alone tells me he's a fairly big deal.

Almost the whole roster would kill for Miz's spot right now.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Exactly this. I haven't a clue who he is either one google shows he has 30 million followers on Instagram and is the most played artist on Spotify. That alone tells me he's a fairly big deal.

Plus it might get more people to watch Miz and Mizzes or whatever its called

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Didnt mean to show ignorance at all but i see your point, i was more thinking of he was champion less then a month ago and now he's nowhere near it or IC picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,920 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Bad Bunny vs the Miz.

No Morrison wrestling.

More importantly no Damian Priest wrestling.

I thought the whole idea of using a celebrity was to get over a WWE Star over and push the hell out of them to make them a real player.

Using Priest as a valet to Bad Bunny is a total disgrace really.

I read Bugs Bunny vs. Miz :o

Morrison needs a title push imho, his return has been as Miz's sidekick, I think he needs to break away

Hopefully Bryan is added to the SD world title match

Cesaro vs. Rollins could steal the show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Officer999 wrote: »
    It’s the worst Wrestlemania card in a long long time. Probably the worst.

Yeah I got the network back for the rumble but I'm starting to wonder will I bother keeping it even for Mania now. It really is awful and I say that as someone not particularly attached to any company right now.

I have no problem in saying WWE is at the bottom currently. At least Impact and NWA wouldn't try to insult your intelligence or condescend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

So Bunny v Miz is one on one? Thought a tag match was a shoe in

Surely bray v Randy will be a FFH match? A straight up match will be pure car crash. Although it seems that’s what they’re going for with this angle

I’d not be surprised if it’s either turned to a tag match or given a stop next week.

I’d not be surprised if it’s either turned to a tag match or given a stop next week.

Yeah sure they're advertising the Smackdown main event as one on one when we know bloody well Bryan is getting added somehow... or we hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,920 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

J. Marston wrote: »

He will get the WWE huge media attention, he won a grammy

Ah lads, I've been catching up on the Alexa Bliss/Randy Orton/Bray Wyatt stuff. Anyone defending it or saying they enjoy it has to be having a laugh. Some of the worst stuff I've ever seen. Terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

As of yesterday. Bad Bunny is in the Top 10 of the most played on Spotify, 13th with most monthly listeners just going by this alone.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-streamed_artists_on_Spotify

TL; DR 1 - Not my cup of coffee either musically.

TL; DR 2 - Someone in WWE absolutely had their eye on the ball. So credit where it's due.

Ah lads, I've been catching up on the Alexa Bliss/Randy Orton/Bray Wyatt stuff. Anyone defending it or saying they enjoy it has to be having a laugh. Some of the worst stuff I've ever seen. Terrible

So can we call it WWE's equivalent to The Room? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭ThePott

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So can we call it WWE's equivalent to The Room? :pac:
    YOU'RE TEARING ME APART ALEXA!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmctjeN5PQLHkOrsdam39ZiRaTti7Et07BfOh54MSDc8CZ_PcuRLndkdkBBxvu6bBoNRA&usqp=CAU

So is The Fiend filling the Denny/creepy bastard role? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess since he didn't get to touch her before Bray appeared on Monday, Randy's lines would be
    "I did not hit her. It's not true. It’s bullsh!t, I did not hit her. I did nooot. Oh hi, Bray!"

Advertisement